The Wolverine Wolverine 3 - March 3, 2017

Jackman confirmed, but probably Old Man Logan in name only. Much like Nolan's TDKR was TDKR 'INO'. Actually Synder's BvS feels more like TDKR.

DoFP actually had Sentinels and time travel and characters from the comic involved. I can't for the life of me see Doom, Magneto, and obviously MCU characters involved in any way.

it will be Old man logan in name only.simply a story which has an older wolverine.and will be his swan son.and it is likely going to be r rated.

it will also likely serve even though bryan singer has no involvement as the
swan song of so called Singerverse of X-Men films

Story doesn't have the same weight if the X-Men are all still alive, or simply having Logan leave the mansion yet again. He did that in The Wolverine already, which is unusual because it was assumed he remained as an instructor at the school in TLS Watched Beast get that UN Ambass job on the tele and merely looks out into the distance after walking on to the X-Mansion balcony, yet decided to part ways and live as a recluse a few years later.

In any event, it would have to take place many years into the future as most of the main X-Men are still relatively young in 2023, like 50'ish. So more like 2040's or 2050's. But if it's 2023, it doesn't really work unless Logan ends up killing everybody like the comic. They are not going that route again after the DoFP ending. They'd need another time travel film to fix that.
It was a neat and shocking plot twist to go with the very dark, gritty post-apocalyptic atmosphere, but...
the bulk of OML's story was placed on Logan helping out Hawkeye and eventually fixing a corrupt system with brute force;
the murder of those close to him (within that 2040s/2050s time period) being that trigger.

Being that it is unlikely this is a full fledged X-movie, we are likely to see a story in the far future with most of the X-Men having passed if they are indeed going that route. Might be a good idea to set up a character like Cable. Otherwise, it's not really an 'Old Man Logan' adaptation, sans the fact that Logan is older.
Is Cable replacing Hawkeye? I definitely prefer Cyclops or Deadpool here.

Jackman confirmed, but probably Old Man Logan in name only. Much like Nolan's TDKR was TDKR 'INO'.
I had no idea Rises was supposed to bear any similarity to Returns.
I guess Bane was kind of sort of, I'd have to squint pretty hard, like the Mutant Leader.

the characters they should substitute around from the original story

Hawkeye- Rogue/Prof X/Cyclops
Red Skull- Omega Red
Hulk- Sabretooth or Juggernaut (done right)

I really hope this will be more like Mangold's Cop Land or 3:10 to Yuma.

The Wolverine wasn't bad, but in the end turned out to be a little bland and felt like a wasted opportunity to me. I think it would've been a much better film, had they stuck to what actually makes the Wolverine's Japan story so special, instead of throwing in mutants and cyborg ninjas just to cater to the blockbuster crowd who expects that kind of stuff from a comic book adaptation.

Chris McQuarrie's original script was much better than the film we got. Logan was the only mutant in it and there was no cyborg ninja in the third act. After Aronofsky dropped out, they should have hired McQuarrie to direct his script.

Chris McQuarrie's original script was much better than the film we got. Logan was the only mutant in it and there was no cyborg ninja in the third act. After Aronofsky dropped out, they should have hired McQuarrie to direct his script.

That script's the film I would've liked to see. They definitely should have went with that, even without McQuarrie helming (he was busy with Jack Reacher at the time).

No idea sorry. Probably as soon as xmen apocalypse is out of the way

Red Skull- Omega Red

Interesting. I wonder if they would deRussian Omega Red so they don't offend the Russian markets like they did with viper (when they dubbed over her)

Juggernaut is intriguing. Are we ready for a redneck Cain marko? It's not entirely out of character. In fact I think juggernaut would definitely vote for Trump.

Hey when is the wolverine 3 getting its own forum?

I'd rather have Rogue in this, after X-Men 1 they never really had any scenes together and she had zero action. She was almost in The Wolverine so there might be a chance she could be worked into Wolverine 3.

*chants* Omega Red, Omega Red

Seriously, I've been waiting forever to see him on the big screen. It would be nice if it happened.

Red Skull- Omega Red

Stop this substitute.
It will have nothing to this story
Only movie title is similar, same as for First Class.
Banners, Savage Land Dinosaurs, and many more, definitely we won't see this story.

*chants* Omega Red, Omega Red

Seriously, I've been waiting forever to see him on the big screen. It would be nice if it happened.

I want Omega Red also I have always wanted to see Wolvie and Red fight on the big screen it would look so awesome if the fights were well choreographed.

Red Skull- Omega Red

Isn't part of the thing with Hulk how shocking it was to see Banner become so twisted? I guess it's unlikely, but I'd like to see one of the good guys from an X-film end up taking on that Hulk role.

Id prefer if they just used the title "Old Man Logan" but didn't adapt the story. Like Age of Ultron.

OML would be really hard to adapt given how much they'd have to change. However if they do I hope the really sell the fact he hasn't popped his claws in a long time and dramatise the moment. That's what I loved most about the story. How he had to suppress his anger and not lash out then it finally became too much and BERSERK!!!!

At most we'd get a "Wolverine: Old Man Logan".

They'll still keep "wolverine" in the title guaranteed.

Not sure if posted but check out this awesome fan art

this-brilliant-fan-art-gives-us-a-glimpse-at-how-hugh-jackman-s-wolverine-could-look-in-o-635777.jpg

Not bad but they'll probably have Hugh looking "movie old".

More like he did in DOFP with some gray streaks in his hair.

Yeah, at best we'd see bearded Cable which is more or less his comics look.

#RoLo pairing.

I want a relationship between Hugh and Halle for this movie as Wolverine and Storm.

Yeah I wouldn't expect them to age Jackman up beyond his Grey temple DOFP look

If they did bring him back which I don't take what he said there as confirmation but if it did happen it would be interesting to know how they deal with the origins connection, will they very lightly reboot sabertooth again or continue the the idea from origins?

I want Live back he had great chemistry with Hugh and was probably the best part of the XOW

If they bring Sabretooth back, I can totally see it working.

Instead of Hulk and his inbred children; it becomes more personal if it was Sabretooth.

Logan finally settles down and has a family of his own. But if you have his half brother's children (Logan's relatives) kill Logan's immediate family; you have the ultimate revenge tale.

You could have the jealousy of Sabretooth because Logan actually settled down and had functional family; unlike he did.

It could Unforgiven, but with Wolverine and Sabretooth instead. I bet James Mangold is even thinking of this last movie as a Western. The old gunslinger is forced to return to settle one last score.

And BTW, his remake of 3:10 to Yuma is one of favorite Westerns (along with Tombstone).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"