The Wolverine Wolverine 3 - March 3, 2017

If they did bring him back which I don't take what he said there as confirmation but if it did happen it would be interesting to know how they deal with the origins connection, will they very lightly reboot sabertooth again or continue the the idea from origins?

They'll have to acknowledge Wolverine's family history with Sabertooth and their century of serving wars together. Those are the only parts of Origins that have not been erased from the timeline (Wolverine even made a reference of the war montage to Xavier) and even the Nagasaki bombing scene in the Wolverine still exists because the sword Yashida gave Wolverine is seen hanging on the wall of Wolverine's apartment in DOFP.

They'll have to acknowledge Wolverine's family history with Sabertooth and their century of serving wars together. Those are the only parts of Origins that have not been erased from the timeline (Wolverine even made a reference of the war montage to Xavier) and even the Nagasaki bombing scene in the Wolverine still exists because the sword Yashida gave Wolverine is seen hanging on the wall of Wolverine's apartment in DOFP.

Yeah but in many ways FC, DOFP and Apocalypse have ignored alot of things in Origins, stryker for example and recently they rebooted deadpool, so wolverine 3 touching on things in Origins would certainly be interesting, its a very loopy set of timelines here

I mean its possible they may decided since its jackmans last movie they will make an effort to include origins even if other films didn't so they they can have the 3 films has a trilogy

I do wonder though about Apocalypse and whether singer is gonna contradict origins with a jackman cameo setting up his own version of his origin

Last edited:
Yeah but in many ways FC, DOFP and Apocalypse have ignored alot of things in Origins, stryker for example and recently they rebooted deadpool, so wolverine 3 touching on things in Origins would certainly be interesting, its a very loopy set of timelines here

I mean its possible they may decided since its jackmans last movie they will make an effort to include origins even if other films didn't so they they can have the 3 films has a trilogy

I do wonder though about Apocalypse and whether singer is gonna contradict origins with a jackman cameo setting up his own version of his origin

Putting Wolverine in First Class is, in itself, an acknowledgement of Origins' existence. The weapon X footage in DOFP is a combination of scenes from X1, X2, and Origins not to mention that the movie showed a clip of Sabertooth breaking Wolverine's bone claws during the moment Xavier was reading Wolverine's mind. I get that the rest of Origins will not exist in the new timeline but it doesn't change the fact that Wolverine and Sabertooth still have a centuries-long history together in the cinematic universe.

As for Singer, he's already contradicting all of the X-men films by putting Angel, Jubilee, Nightcrawler, and Psylocke into Apocalypse. 2 of those characters aren't supposed to exist yet, 1 never met the X-men until 20 years later, and the last one is supposed to be an asian chick so the continuity is still screwed up despite Days of Future Past erasing 5 X-men films.

As for Singer, he's already contradicting all of the X-men films by putting Angel, Jubilee, Nightcrawler, and Psylocke into Apocalypse. 2 of those characters aren't supposed to exist yet, 1 never met the X-men until 20 years later, and the last one is supposed to be an asian chick :huh: so the continuity is still screwed up despite Days of Future Past erasing 5 X-men films.
Also, I don't get your repetition of "supposed to" when you acknowledge DOFP erased 5 X-Men films. If those movies no longer exist, those characters don't either. Not to mention, those versions of those characters shouldn't exist if the butterfly effect holds any weight here. The history between Wolverine and Sabretooth predates this butterfly effect.

Also, I don't get your repetition of "supposed to" when you acknowledge DOFP erased 5 X-Men films. If those movies no longer exist, those characters don't either. Not to mention, those versions of those characters shouldn't exist if the butterfly effect holds any weight here.

Just because the movies don't exist anymore, doesn't mean that those characters should exist. Jubliee has been featured in all 3 X-men films as a teenager and Angel was a little boy in the 90's flashback scene in X3 so they both should've been babies or not existing in the time period of Apocalypse. Time travel should only affect specific events that will impact the future but it cannot change a person's date of birth.

Date of birth is a part of the future too. How do you gonna handle Cable when him travels to the past like everyday?

Just because the movies don't exist anymore, doesn't mean that those characters shouldn't exist. Jubliee has been featured in all 3 X-men films as a teenager and Angel was a little boy in the 90's flashback scene in X3 so they both should've been babies or not existing in the time period of Apocalypse. Time travel should only affect specific events that will impact the future but it cannot change a person's date of birth.

Well, there are different forms of time travel and the butterfly effect has always been the most popular (and yes DOB has been one of those unintended consequences). There's also the method of time travel in which you go back to a different time AND reality, which would inherently be different due to some preexisting element(s). First Class already contradicted most of the original trilogy and I've found it much easier to treat that as a full-on reboot aka alternate reality.

I noticed the sword too :D But I thought in 1973 Logan haven't got the sword yet?

Jackman: I want to retire from the role.

Reynolds: You're not going anywhere!

Lol, they'd boost each other like crazy. WIII definitely needs a Deadpool cameo.

I would love to see a Deadpool cameo. Though they'll maybe have to comment on how Wade now fits into the wider X-men universe since Origins is now null and voided. Who knows? Perhaps Wade's pre-Deadpool past alluded to in the film involved some form of Task Force X? Logan could be the reason why the X-men wish to recruit Deadpool in the first place. Just an idea.

On a related note. One of the few things I liked about Origins was the bit on the plane (or was it a chopper?) where the team interact and Wade annoys Sabertooth. Reminds me of a similar scen in the first Predator movie. Kinda makes me disappointed we never got to see Wade and Creed fight in the movie. They just kill him off screen.

I suspect they'll go with Hugh's natural look. He does have gray in his beard. So I'm sure they'll keep that and the short hair cut from The Wolverine. Maybe add a little more gray in his hair.

Last edited:
I wonder where they'll film it? Hugh always makes them film stuff in Australia, at least a little bit. So they'll probably film it in the Simpson desert

Anybody want to speculate as to how far forward in time this movie will go? It more than likely has to go beyond 2023, but the question is "how much further beyond".

I hope we see characters with whom Wolverine had previous connections in the pre-DoFP timeline like Rogue and Jean show up (hopefully played by their original actresses) and would also like to see Yukio again too.

Anybody want to speculate as to how far forward in time this movie will go? It more than likely has to go beyond 2023, but the question is "how much further beyond".

I hope we see characters with whom Wolverine had previous connections in the pre-DoFP timeline like Rogue and Jean show up (hopefully played by their original actresses) and would also like to see Yukio again too.

Since we know Patrick Stewart is in film and unlikely to be cameo i feel at
most it will be set a few years after future ending of DOFP

This will probaly be mor einspired loosly on old man logan than an actual
adaptian.this film one final adventre for jackman's version of wolverine with some grey in hair.he may not look that much older than he did in future ending of DOFP.

I didn't know Patrick Stewart's involvement had been confirmed.

Hopefully we can get some other people involved, and I'm serious about wanting Yukio to come back, especially with the change in the timeline.

My dream cast:
Wolverine
Professor X
Rogue
Cyclops or Storm

Omega Red
Sabretooth (I only added him because there was a rumor that they approached Liev)

Going by what jackman says xavier will be in the movie so they can look at a father and son dynamic so i don't think its just an excuse to bring in a past character

I'm trying to think of ways they can do an Old Man Logan arc for this movie without going dystopian again - which I don't see them doing so soon (in-universe) after already doing the dystopian future thing with DoFP - and failing.

Anybody got ideas on that front?

The dystopian setting is intrinsic to Old Man Logan.
Mad Max: Wolverine Chronicles all aboard!

I find it hard to believe it will be that long after the future ending of DOFP with patrick involved

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"