Deadpool Wolverine: Origins

Slushy

Superhero
Reaction score
1.) Was the Wade Wilson / "Deadpool" disaster due to Gavin Hood's vision or producer interference?

2.) Do you think Deadpool will take a jab at the film?

1. Everyone one involved in the film has a share of the blame. Someone should have stepped in and said "wait this is just wrong"

2. Yes

1.) Was the Wade Wilson / "Deadpool" disaster due to Gavin Hood's vision or producer interference?

2.) Do you think Deadpool will take a jab at the film?

1) The film's production and development were messy to begin with, and came at a time when Fox's top exec Tom Rothman was pretty much sucking the life out of any commercial flick they were producing (unless James Cameron or Baz Luhrmann were at the helm). It's a bit of everything. Who cares...

2) ...it'll get roasted in this flick, anyway (even though I wouldn't expect anything huge or repetitive: Tim Miller seems like a reasonable filmmaker, who knows that you don't wanna distract your audience from the actual story).

Yeah, alot of people are to blame. There's a youtube vid from studio ADI who did the makeup and they talk about how this was a pretty much all a committee mess. Even Marvel had a hand in this allegedly.

They mention how Fox didn't want a spandex suit, and if you look at the early designs it's pretty clear they just wanted him as a medical victim. Deadpool doesn't even look human in alot of the early stuff. Just some weird ****, and horrible decision making from alot of people.

Here's the links for anyone interested.

Interview. Starts around 3 min.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVX6j4fRR8Y

Early variation designs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly_KG5SZ5cs

Last edited:
In hindsight, though, I have to say I'm glad that they effed up Deadpool so hard in that movie. It would've been a pity to waste his first ever on-screen appearance in that movie. Instead, people will experience Deadpool on the big screen for the first time ever in what looks like a good movie (and hopefully even more). Destiny's great, sometimes...

There's a shot in the newest trailer of some wreckage and I think it's from the power plant explosion in Origins.

In hindsight, though, I have to say I'm glad that they effed up Deadpool so hard in that movie. It would've been a pity to waste his first ever on-screen appearance in that movie. Instead, people will experience Deadpool on the big screen for the first time ever in what looks like a good movie (and hopefully even more). Destiny's great, sometimes...

Yeah. This is a better introduction for sure.

The amount of backlash from Origins actually showed Fox the popularity of the character, and it got Reynolds into a position with the studio. So in a way this led to us fans getting what we wanted.

Last edited:
It is. And it's not just about introduction, you know. Seeing something on the big screen for the first time ever has - or should have - a certain impact. So I'm glad we're going to experience a big-screen Deadpool for the first time this way... and people, as well.

I never though of it that way but that is a good point. Of course it may have made that mess slightly better if at least had a decent Deadpool or it may have just have been even more crushingly disappointing.

Hopefully this wipes that abomination from the face of the earth and in fact may make this better as they have been forced to try harder than had they rushed out a Deadpool solo film shorty after Origins.

Anyway hopefully this is the characters redemption.

There was a rumor that they were gonna do Origins series for other X-Men characters. Cyclcops: Origins, Colossus: Origins, etc. Glad they didn't go through with that.

Yeah, that was the idea back then. We dodged a bullet there.

There was a rumor that they were gonna do Origins series for other X-Men characters. Cyclcops: Origins, Colossus: Origins, etc. Glad they didn't go through with that.

Origins: Magneto is what turned into First Class pretty much. But yeah after the first one I dont think anyone had the stomach for those again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"