Woman in slaughterhouse sells graphic videos online

My Science teacher in high school made us watch a KFC slaughterhouse video........I never ate KFC again.

Kudos to your teacher. But its not like MC Donald's or any other fast food chain are any better though. I hope you realize that.

I don't eat any fast food anymore...because its all terrible for you. In turn I am not supporting these horrible acts of animal cruelty...which is an added bonus.

Thought I'd share this emotional story..

''Binti Jua is a female western lowland gorilla. She is best known for an incident in which she saved a three year old boy who fell into her enclosure. Binti Jua (whose name means ''Daughter of Sunshine'' in Swahili) is the niece of Koko, the gorilla world famous for learning American Sign Language. Binti is most well known for an incident which occurred on August 16, 1996, when she was eight years old. A three-year old boy climbed the wall around her zoo enclosure and fell 18 feet onto concrete below, rendering him unconscious, with a broken hand and a vicious gash on the side of his face. Binti walked to the boy's side while helpless spectators screamed, certain the gorilla would harm the child. Another larger female gorilla approached, and Binti growled.
Binti picked up the child, cradling him with her right arm as she did her own infant, gave him a few pats on the back, and carried him 18 meters (59 ft) to an access entrance, so that zoo personnel could retrieve him
. Her 17-month-old baby, Koola, clutched her back throughout the incident. The boy spent four days in the hospital and recovered fully. And in case you think we're just misunderstanding the gorilla's actions, it's actually not an isolated incident. Back in the 1980s, another kid fell into a gorilla enclosure, at Jersey Zoo. That time, the gorilla was a male silverback who watched over the unconscious boy and led away the rest of his troop when paramedics arrived.

This is not advocating zoos, but the actions and empathy of the altruistic apes that rescued a species different to their own.''

gorillagirl.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/from-the-archives-gorilla-protects-boy/1d2gkybtt

And yet we still keep in cages those magnificent creatures for our "entertainment"...

Last edited:
:csad: this thread depresses the hell out of me. I am 100% for animal preservation, especially when wildlife foundations find a specific animal on the brink of extinction and take them in to preserve their species.

I wish nature and man could be as connected as we once were thousands of years ago.

she looks so happy doing it...that's the scariest part.
"Look! I stabbing this cow in the eye! haha so funny!"

I'm sure you guys have already hit this nail on the head enough, but this girl is sick in so many ways. Has this been going on for a long time? I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit for some just as crazy animal activists to take a trip over there and doing something just as sick to end it. Activists never seem to mind going to those extremes when it comes to animals.

Thought I'd share this emotional story..

And yet we still keep in cages those magnificent creatures for our "entertainment"...

To be fair if its second or third generation animals bred in captivity who have never experienced the wild then it is highly unlikely that setting them free would do them much good. As long as they aren't harmed, are given care, and room to live a happy life I don't see anything wrong with zoos. They allow people to see animals they may never have seen and it allows us to watch, learn, and help their species if they are in danger.

Capturing animals from the wild and caging them for entertainment, yes, I have a problem with that.

To be fair if its second or third generation animals bred in captivity who have never experienced the wild then it is highly unlikely that setting them free would do them much good. As long as they aren't harmed, are given care, and room to live a happy life I don't see anything wrong with zoos. They allow people to see animals they may never have seen and it allows us to watch, learn, and help their species if they are in danger.

Well that's exactly where the problem lies. We capture those creatures by force from their natural ground and raise them in artificial and confined spaces which to me is a bit sick and the nature's way at all.

And you say as long as they aren't harmed it's ok. Of course they get harmed in most cases and not all zoos are large enough or invest financially to provide the best possible conditions of living. It's like saying that it's ok to to live inside a prison yard forever as long as they are taking care of you. In the end it is still a prison.

And with their emotional and physiological capabilities, even if they live in the most expensive facilities with the best food and care, they still are not feeling 100% all right deep inside.

Capturing animals from the wild and caging them for entertainment, yes, I have a problem with that.

But zoo is another form of entertainment though. In a sane world we would not capture and slaving defenseless creatures, so we can enjoy a sunday in the zoo or the circus. You want to see the real deal? We should be visiting any animal in its physical area, with protection of course and keeping the required distance.

I understand breeding endangered species in captivity, but I've been to too many zoos where the bears and such do nothing but pace endlessly back and forth. You can't try to say they're happy.

Also, the whales and dolphins? Do you have any idea how vast their natural migrations are? Their enclosures are minuscule in comparison.

I understand breeding endangered species in captivity, but I've been to too many zoos where the bears and such do nothing but pace endlessly back and forth. You can't try to say they're happy.

Also, the whales and dolphins? Do you have any idea how vast their natural migrations are? Their enclosures are minuscule in comparison.

Yes exactly. Deep inside they feel depressed for sure. It is not enough we destroy their natural regions and resources, we capture them, imprison them physically, so we can satisfy our ego, as if we can't entertain ourselves in other ways. Never mind that many endangered species is our own doing and shouldn't have happened in the first place.

I think Rise of the Apes depicts perfectly the real world treatment animals get with the experiments, the imprisonment and the emotional damage they undertake. Always get a bit of a tear watching it especially the moment when Cesar and Will separate in the primate shelter.

Last edited:
I always loved this girl and her voice..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Those who describe animals as not having any thoughts or feelings come closer to that description than the animals they are trying to describe." — Edward Alberola

Those claiming carnivorous animals cannot form a friendship with a herbivore clearly don't know much about life. These ''unlikely friendships'' are real.
Sometimes, even wild carnivores show more compassion and love than most humans. Besides, wild carnivores kill to survive, not for ''fun''. Man is the only animal who enslaves, tortures and / or kills other animals by the trillions for ''fun''

Last edited:
This is how serial killers start.

Edit: When I went to culinary school, we had to kill a lobster for one of our cooking tasks. I would've preferred just boiling the poor guy (supposedly, they can't feel the pain), but our instructor had us give the deathblow by stabbing him in the head with a kitchen knife. The sickening crunch I heard before he stopped flailing about made me feel bad. :(

There is ongoing disagreement about pain receptors in crustaceans, but recent studies suggest they do indeed feel pain.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2007/nov/08/animalrights.sciencenews

On a personal note, I once worked in the seafood department of a grocery store, where we regularly steamed lobsters. I watched the process and the reactions I saw certainly looked like pain. The shot to the head was probably more humane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"