Wonder Girl should join Teen Titans!!

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by phoenixflight, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Joined:
    Jul 17, 2005
    is that on the comics or on the tv show?

2. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

From Titanstower.com

http://www.titanstower.com/source/whoswho/terra.html

It downright says that Terra joins the team.

3. Raven#1 Registered

He means comic Terra, but TV Terra is not too far off from her somewhat physco background (still betrays the Titans, still tries to kill them, still turns on Slade and ends up 'stone dead'--until she's revived, that is).

4. Joined:
    Jul 17, 2005
  5. Raven#1 Registered

The only difference is that the creators try to pass Terra off as a misunderstood girl looking for a place to belong and while TV Terra was simply turned to stone, comic Terra was crushed by boulders...and yet, she still returned. However, she soon fades into obsecurity, leaving the core Titans by themselves once again.

Also, unlike comic Terra who was forevermore a cold-hearted [bleep], TV Terra only became that in two episodes (Betrayal, Aftershock pt.1). However IMO, Terra knew what she was doing by joining Slade, considering she felt she had no remorse (Aftershock pt.1's monolgue) and basically threw her relationship with any of the Titans--including BB--down the perverbial hole, when she said, "I wanted to be this way. I wanted to go with Slade. And now, I never want to see your face ever again"!

6. Joined:
    Jul 17, 2005
    cool, it makes sense though that they would want to play down terra's evil, after all,it is a kid's show.

7. Raven#1 Registered

*nods* And you want proof to prove Terra is not a Titan? Fine. Here's words from Marv and George themselves, courtesy of titanstower:

Now, I love puncturing balloons, and I decided if some fans thought we were an X-Men clone, then why not play with them a bit? The X-Men had just introduced a new member to their group, a young 14-year-old cute-as-a-button girl with incredible powers. I'd do the same. I'd play her first as a villain, then seemingly reform her and have her join the Titans. Only I'd have her constantly lie to the Titans, change her stories, do suspicious things, and, in general, make her a louse. I could do that, I knew, because comic book convention would demand that readers ignore all the evidence and assume she was a good girl. After all, the X-Men's Kitty Pryde was a heroine, so even the lying, cheating, conniving Tara Markov had to have a heart of gold.

Right?

Wrong. From the very beginning Tara was conceived as a villainess. It was the first time a member of a super-hero group ever proved to be a spy (not a traitor-she was always working for The Terminator). Playing on the comic readers' expectations worked.

The Tara Markov story threw everyone for a loop. Reader response ranged from hailing the stories as a Titans high point to "How dare you make her evil," (as if I had ever given the readers any reason to think she wasn't) to "For what you did to Tara Markov, I am going to kill you." We sent that death-threat to the police. Unlike our pen-and-ink created heroes and heroines, the writers and artists of the Titans are all too mortal.

As for George on Tara/Terra:

GEORGE: [...] Tara, she was made to be killed; she served her purpose. That was it.

ANDY: You didn't get any attachment to Tara?

GEORGE: No, because I knew we were going to kill her. So I deliberately used all the things to make her as likeable and cute as possible, so people would never believe we were going to kill a sixteen-year-old. And she was a sixteen-year-old physcopath. She was one of our cleverest gimmicks; we deliberately created her in order to lead everyone astray. So we couldn't build any fondness for her, 'cause we knew full well what her whole motive for existence was. Her existence was basically to keep the stories interesting; we were tossing a curve that no one would have expected.

ANDY: You didn 't even love to hate her, huh?

GEORGE: No. I loved handling her, because she was such a good idea. But she was an idea. Not as much a person. She was there to show exactly how much their humanity can be one thing they have to be careful about, the Teen Titans have to be careful about. . . they can be too trusting, or their own weaknesses can be used against them.

And Wolfman's own mouth says Terra was not a Titan:

[...] And I was honest about it, because in my mind she was never a Titan, and she wasn't even a traitor. She was a very sick person.

8. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

Not a single word in that interview says that Terra was never a Titan. It says that she was always meant to be a villain. As a matter in fact it even says that she was a member of the Teen Titans

She joined the Teen Titans to spy on them for Deathstroke. END OF STORY.

9. Joined:
    Jul 17, 2005
    check the words in red, right above were you said they never said she wasn't a titan.

10. King Ruler Registered

Yes, MARV said that she wasn't a Titan, but Slack can make her one if he wants to, seeing as how it's HIS show. Not MARV'S. Get that through your head. And he DID make her a Titan, so there. Leave it at that!
    You see, Raven? All you had to say was "I don't think Terra ever was a Titan" and leave it at that. But here you go throwing out stuff that Marv said, and it clearly says "IN HIS MIND" Terra was never a Titan. It didn't say in the comics she wasn't a Titan. But in his mind. But here you go again not wanting to listen to anyone, which always leads to another argument.

11. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

I though that was another one of Raven#1's opinions. But that is Wolfman's own mind. In his mind she never was a Titan because of what she did. The Titans don't do that stuff to each other. What makes them different from all the different superhero groups is that they are more of a family than a fighting force. Because of her spying for Deathstroke, in a true sense Terra is not a Titan. But officially membership-wise she was a Titan

12. Raven#1 Registered

Check the words in red dude. Wolfman said it himself. Terra, in his mind, was not a Titan, and as such, in my eyes, she isn't, because it is Wolfman's comic that the show is based off of. Besides as corvus said, because the Titans are more of a family unit, due to Terra's spying, she wasn't a Titan. True, membership-wise she was a Titan, but she only joined in order to spy, which in turn, nulifies her membership, IMO.

13. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

You're f**king hopeless you know that :o

As I have already said its in Wolfman's own MIND. In a way he is right. The Titans are more of a family than a fighting force. You don't spy on your own family. So in the truest sense she was not a Titan. But yes she did join the Teen Titans TO SPY ON THEM FOR DEATHSTROKE. She pretended to be one of them.

14. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

Also even if Wolfman says that he never had Terra officially Titans, the comics have been retconned to have her as a traitorous member. Just like Wolfman's orign of Nightwing being retconned from retiring from the mantle because he wanted his own man and he would always be the last part of Batman and Robin into Batman fired him because the Joker shot him, and even that was retconned into Batman fired him for no damn reason because he's a dickwad (probally due to his mindwipe)

15. Raven#1 Registered

Well, too bad the retconned stuff don't mean jack. I mean, BB's origin with the Doom Patrol was retconned, but the DP is still appearing, thus, making the Doom Patrol still part of BB's life and because the Doom Patrol was around during Terra's not being a Titan phase, I still say she is not a Titan, IMO.

16. Angelus7181 Guest

And yet they seemingly brought Terra back from her "death" which enilates your whole point all together. IMO they knew they had to give in and admit that the character gained comic grounds with many fans. Which leads to one question...

Are you slow?

That was all statments on the COMIC Terra! We are focusing on the ANIMATED Terra! Show me something where it relates to the series NOT the comics. And since your so hooked on titantower.com notice how they have Terra under TEAM MEMBERS,not under Titans Allies or under "The Bad Guys".

And another thing...

You are so full it. Now your stating that the Titans lied about Terra being a Titan so they wouldn't disappoint most of their viewers!? And for in order for something to actually take place we have to see everything that goes behind every single time they present a flashback!?

Your officially a hopless nut case.

17. Raven#1 Registered

Hopeless maybe, nutcase no. Besides, you do know that Terra might have been listed until team members, but that's because she was being Terra II, and didn't remember what she did. But, we find out that the original Terra was Terra II. Regardless, the little physcotic rock-n'-roller remains as a lone wolf character, doing things her way, and is rumored to join the new Titans East (based off the show and brought into the comics), but in the true sense of family, morale, and actually being a Titan, she was never that, for she only became one for evil reasons...so, in a sense, she is a bad guy protraying a good guy.

18. Angelus7181 Guest

Really? It's hard to tell from here. You have nothing on Terra bucko, everything you pull out is useless. :down

19. Raven#1 Registered

You just saying that because IMO:
    1. You agree with jay and KR
    2. You like Terra

Well...
    1. jay and KR aren't acting mature for their ages, insulting others for their opinions and whatnot
    2. I hate Terra (Tara), regardless, for I view the Titans as their true-to-life comic selves, otherwise, Slack wouldn't have given us hints to the Titans' secret identies (ex: for Robin, see Fractured, How Long is Forever, and Haunted)

20. Angelus7181 Guest

Yes I'm a Terra fan ( The Animated one ) which is why I'm defending her from all of your crappy statements. Jay and KR don't seem to block things that are the obvious, when you just keep coming up with weak punches just to prove that you are right and declare your hatred for Terra.. that IMO is "immature".

Your blined by hatred to see this version of Terra. She has fallen in the wrong path, finally realizing it and tried doing what was right by redeeming herself at the end. You have to be a cold person not to see this.

21. rigel7soldiers Registered

Hm... If it's Cassie, sure. But, the same powers as Star, without starbolts, seems very redundant.

22. Joined:
    Jul 17, 2005
    PEOPLE!!! IT'S A CARTOON!!!!!
    chill the f*** out!!!
    again, it is OK for one person to like a character and the other to not like the character.
    raven#1 doesn't believe terra was a true titan.
    THAT'S OK!!!
    Angelus, hippie, and King believe she was a true titan.
    THA'TS ALSO OK!!!!
    their's no such thing as a wrong opinion. and its OK for someone to want to defend their opinion.
    OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NOT FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*huff huff*

23. Raven#1 Registered

I heard that. Each to their own. People (man, woman, boy, girl, etc.) were all created equal.

24. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

Beast Boy's orign with the Doom Patrol has not been retconned at all. The new Doom Patrol book has no ties with the orignal series at all and has been given a clean slate of continuity like Black Panther and Legion of Superheroes. The new book sucks ass and is going to be canceled in a few months according to rumors. The Doom Patrol in the DCU is still considered to be a team MIA and is still an important part of Beast Boy's life. And what does the Doom Patrol being around during Terra's time with the Titans have to do with you thinking that she is not a Titan.

Also the retconned stuff replaces the originals. The Long Halloween is now the in-continuity story of the orign of Two-Face. Dark Victory/The Gauntlet/Robin Year One is now the orign of Robin. Jason Todd was retconned from a young circus acrobat whose parents were killed by Killer Croc into the angry little f**ker who tried to steal the tires off the Batmobile and was killed off by the Joker. Birthright replaced Man of Steel. Nightwing Year One is now the orign of Nightwing and why he is no longer Robin.

25. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

Terra II was part of the Team Titans. They list Terra I as a member of the Teen Titans. And the future Titans East is not based on the animated Titans East. Its a resistance force to fight the Titans West. Personally I can't wait for the Titans East to come. In my OPINION, and I hope, that it will contain the former adult Titans: Nightwing, Troia, Arsenal, the Flash, Tempest, Starfire, Beast Boy, Raven, Cyborg, Omen, the Golden Eagle, Bumblebee, and the Herald.