Wonder Girl should join Teen Titans!!

Yes, Kid Flash will be Wally, for anyone still questioning that notion. For anyone trying to connect the two continuities: don't. It just won't make any sense. Just except the fact that the two aren't connected, 'cause they're not. To make it simple, think of it as like two entirely different dimensions, where you have like alternate egos of yourself. So you can basically call Kid Flash the alternate ego of The Flash from the other continuity.

But as said by GL1, "even if they WERE related/in the same universe, Dick Grayson is Robin on TT, but he's already grown and Nightwing in the JLU Universe... so at worst, assume that Teen Titans takes place 5-10 years before JLU..." and I do assume that.

WHY did you feel the need to reply with that quote? I can read. I read what he said. If you assume that then fine. No one cares.

And also, I don't see why anyone would even try to assume that Teen Titans takes place before JL/U (unless they're just TRYING to find a way to connect non connected shows) does, especially since it has been publicly announced by both writers of JL/U AND the "Teen Titans" staff that the two shows are NOT connected in anyway. It's okay to think they are, but anyone who does is just in denial at the fact that they're not connected.
I mean, if they are connected, how come Slade's not in JL/U? How come Wally hasn't mentioned being a Titan in JL/U yet? Same goes for Nightwing? :rolleyes:

As for Robin, aka Dick, we already know his origin, but his real name was noted by demension-hopping Larry in Fractured, his future self (Nightwing) was seen in How Long is Forever, and his parents infamous plunge and him becoming Bat's ward was seen by Raven in Haunted.

I thought this Robin was Tim. There was an episode of Static Shock that went;

Static: Where's Robin?

Batman: He's with the Titans.

Static: Who?

^ No, Robin Dick Grayson. That line in "Static Shock!" was just put there to hint at a crossover between the Titans and Static before "Teen Titans" aired, but the idea was later scrapped in favor of Static teaming up with the JL. So that line means nothing now.

Besides, only Dick loves Starfire or becomes Nightwing. And if you watch Fractured, Larry puts his name on-screen and as it rolls backwards, Dick Grayson can be easily read...

What did that have to do with anything? You're just trying to get your name on top of every thread :o

I was helping King Ruler with the "Robin is Dick" thing...

Well... Tim isn't Tim... Tim is really Jason Todd... and Dick isn't really Dick... he's more like Dick/Tim... Dim... Tick... whatever... I mean, he does do the whole Starfire thing, but c'mon... long pants! a staff! Give Tim Drake his due!

Look. In the episode Fractured, Larry, Robin's reality-bending midget clone said his name was Nosyarg Kcid, which is Dick Grayson backwards. Only Dick Grayson's Robin becomes Nightwing (How Long Is Forever), from TV, comic, or otherwise. Only Dick's Robin had a thing for Koriander, Tamaranian Princess (aka Starfire). And as we (and Raven) saw in Haunted, the infamous plunge of Robin's folks and him swearing the oath to become Batman's protege and partner is the origin of one Dick Grayson.

As for the long pants and whatever, Dick wore the exact same costume during his last run on Batman: The Animated Series, because the FCC frowned on his 60's "Holy...Batman" attire.

Onto the staff...it is pointless because anyone can use it. Heck, Robin's not the only one to use it, for Slade (alias Deathstroke) uses the staff frequently, whereas in the comics, he prefers (and is allowed to have) guns and other dangerous firearms that are not suited for children.

Another thing to add is that this show is based off the Wolfman and Perez era of the Titans (the second incarnation), and on the second team, there is Dick Grayson (Robin), Koriander (Starfire), Garfield Logan (Beast Boy/Changeling), Raven, and Victor Stone (Cyborg). Hints were given to their secret identities in varying episodes (for Cy, Deception and part of The End pt.2 were his hints).

Besides, when someone asked at the comic con about Robin's identity, at first it was thought that Robin was a combination of all three, but now, all the creators say is "Watch Fractured" and in that episode, Robin is Dick Grayson, and as such, Teen Titans (TV series) Robin is Dick Grayson.

WHY do you ALWAYS do this? We already got the message! We all know now that Robin is meant to be Dick. GL knows it. IronLion knows. We ALL know it now. There was no need for you to do that. You just always want to have the last post and it is VERY annoying.

Raven#1 said:
As for the long pants and whatever, Dick wore the exact same costume during his last run on Batman: The Animated Series, because the FCC frowned on his 60's "Holy...Batman" attire.
No, the producers of BTAS decided to go with the Tim Drake design because a college kid running around with no pants looks rediculous

Onto the staff...it is pointless because anyone can use it. Heck, Robin's not the only one to use it, for Slade (alias Deathstroke) uses the staff frequently, whereas in the comics, he prefers (and is allowed to have) guns and other dangerous firearms that are not suited for children.
Deathstroke also uses a bo staff in the comics along with his sword and guns

i have always assumed robin was dick grayson. but as my manager says, if you assume, you make an ass out of u and me.

from now on i am solely going to explain things with "alternate universe" lol.

Raven#1, you are taking things way TOO seriously. i have been a fan for a long time, admittedly not as much as some of you guys, but come on. just calm down, take a few deep breaths and just get on with it. same goes for the rest of you guys. *ahem* king ruler.
icon12.gif

im not having a go at anyone personally, so please dont take it that way. i think raven#1 is quite informed, but just needs to relax.

look, the title of thread is about wonder girl. why have we got into a giant argument about robin.

to go back to the point of the thread, i think wonder girl should join because i think she should.

Yeah, I admit I need to relax sometimes, but if you had the history with Raven#1 like some of do, you'd understand.
As for Wonder girl joining the Titans, I kinda don't want that to happen. I mean, she wouldn't bring anything new to the table. We've already got our superstrong fly girl, AND she shoots lasers. That's enough for me.

will all the new characters be full time mebers of the team, or just in a few episodes. if she is going to be in titans east and appear every now and then, then it can work.

thing is, imo, this series is aimed at young kids. my daughter is 3 and she watches evrything to do with marvel and dc with me. with the expanded jlu roster, she is always asking me who certain characters are. she knows all the titans, but with an expanded roster this may confuse some of the younger viewers. the only way it will work is if they do eps like jlu, where they concentrate on a few characters ata time.

if so, wonder girl could work.

Oh believe me, they'll focus on those characters. Like in the episode "Kole", you'll/she'll learn about the Titan Kole. Then we've got Hotspot basically getting an episode to himself.
Yeah, with the Titans going global this season, expect to get a lot of backstory on SOME of them (I'm not gonna garuntee that EVERYONE get in the spotlight). :)

Yeah, but the ones we know will most likely get a backstory like Kid Flash (aka Wally West) in the episode Lightspeed.

Wonder Girl would be an awesome addition.

I'd prefer Donna if any version of Wonder Girl was used because I want the show to keep its characters in continuity (i.e. Dick, Kori, Vic, Gar, Rae, Wally, Joey, Tara, etc.)...

Raven#1 said:
Look. In the episode Fractured, Larry, Robin's reality-bending midget clone said his name was Nosyarg Kcid, which is Dick Grayson backwards. Only Dick Grayson's Robin becomes Nightwing (How Long Is Forever), from TV, comic, or otherwise. Only Dick's Robin had a thing for Koriander, Tamaranian Princess (aka Starfire). And as we (and Raven) saw in Haunted, the infamous plunge of Robin's folks and him swearing the oath to become Batman's protege and partner is the origin of one Dick Grayson.

Another thing to add is that this show is based off the Wolfman and Perez era of the Titans (the second incarnation), and on the second team, there is Dick Grayson (Robin), Koriander (Starfire), Garfield Logan (Beast Boy/Changeling), Raven, and Victor Stone (Cyborg). Hints were given to their secret identities in varying episodes (for Cy, Deception and part of The End pt.2 were his hints).

Besides, when someone asked at the comic con about Robin's identity, at first it was thought that Robin was a combination of all three, but now, all the creators say is "Watch Fractured" and in that episode, Robin is Dick Grayson, and as such, Teen Titans (TV series) Robin is Dick Grayson.

Yes Or No, Raven:
Robin on Teen Titans is partially based on Tim Drake?

Yes--The Robin on Teen Titans takes the best of both worlds. Dick's acrobatics, teammates and name, and Tim Drake's detective skills, fighting staff, and Batman-like persona.

No --Any similarities between Tim Drake and Robin on Teen Titans are purely coincidental, no comic books over the last ten to fifteen years are ever considered in reference to Robin in any way whatsover.

Yes or No. I promise, I will not argue with you.

True, there have been Robin comic books in the last few years, but as said this show is based off the Wolfman/Perez era of the Titans, which is the second team that Dick "Robin/Nightwing" Grayson leads. In the comics, Dick was just as driven, if not moreso than Tim, considering Tim didn't want to be a Titan at first (Geoff Johns' "A Kid's Game"). The staff is used by both Slade and Robin, so that doesn't mean anything (they both used staffs in the comics too). Dick has the same detective skills as Tim, considering both were protege's to Bruce "Batman" Wayne. Add to it that Dick wore the same costume that was originally intended for Tim during his last run on B:TAS. And finally, watch episodes like Fractured, Haunted (see Dick's origin), and How Long Is Forever (see Dick become Nightwing), so overall, this TV series Robin is Dick Grayson.

How do I know this? titanstower.com and Glen Murkami say so. While titanstower gives out the information on who Robin is, Glen notes right in the paragraphs that he invisions Robin as Dick Grayson and he told people at the comic con that if anyone wishes to know who Robin is, they could simply watch Fractured.

No, Tim has better detective skills than Bruce. No, Tim was never part of BTAS. He was part of TNBA and got that design. Thats the way it was meant to be

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"