DC Films Wonder Twins movie no longer in the works

I'm hoping this version will have Zan's bucket.

upload_2022-2-14_16-45-11.jpeg

Last edited:
Perfect for HBO Max. I don't say to dismiss it, either. Such a project probably wouldn't be greenlit with a huge budget fo the big screen, but something smaller scaled with lesser known characters equals more content for the platform. I doubt this happens without HBO Max being a thing, really.

Also, I love that Wonder Twins commercial. Why does Zan only turn into things water-related? He could get beaten by a sponge. Wouldn't even have to be an evil sponge!

I say give it a shot.

I'm not really into the Wonder Twins, but it can be in the same lane as Shazam! in appealing to children and families.

As long as it's a good , fun film, it couldn't hurt.

I hurried here as soon as I read the news.

Timothée Chalamet for this!!! Solely for the reason he's fan-cast for everything :D
And they should make the film grounded and dark, lol
Joking aside, I have no big favorites for the leads.
The ones I can think of are Dylan Minnette, Asa Butterfield, Nick Robinson, Isabelle Fuhrman, Odeya Rush and Hailee Steinfeld (if she wasn't Kate Bishop)
But I think it's more likely they will go with younger names.

The choice of [unknown] director is quite uninteresting imo. I think a property like Wonder Twins would be perfect for someone like Ivan Reitman

What villain do you think the siblings will face? Red Flag?
Or the whole League of Annoyance?

FLllVayVgAE8zyv

Please don’t cast anyone who would actually be good as a real superhero character. It would be a shame to see someone great wasted on this.

Something I've wondered about the Wonder Twins is that because they were created by Hanna-Barbera for Superfriends, would they be credited as characters by DC or characters by DC and Hanna-Barbera?

Please don’t cast anyone who would actually be good as a real superhero character. It would be a shame to see someone great wasted on this.
Jaeden Martell or Noah Jupe, if they cast teenagers ;)
And Maisie Williams for Jayna

I’ll only see it if they hook up. Twincest is big right now, after all. :o

honestly not my thing but it could be good . base it off the recent comics it could be a. good YA hit

I’ll only see it if they hook up. Twincest is big right now, after all. :o
I think the actors themselves, which won't be related, can become a couple after the film.
That would still be disturbing to some people tough

Since this is made for HBO Max, and Blue Beetle was originally supposed to be streamed there too, could the two films take place in the same fictional universe?
I'm not suggesting the heroes should meet or interfere with each other right away. It will be enough with small hints here and there.

The aliens Zan and Jayna could include the cosmic element in this "-verse" (whatever it's going to be called), and it would be logical if Jaime Reyes is going to fight The Reach in a sequel.

Do you think the two projects should or shouldn't be connected this way?
Is it better if they're seperated?

Wonder Twins and Blue Beetle are the fantastical type of heroes, with actual super powers.
BUT we can't forget the more grounded Batgirl, another HBO project. That one will also somehow tie in with Burtonverse, because of Michael Keaton.

What will all this lead to?

Nice to see Apa in a comedy instead of being constantly cast as the clean cut high school student.

Forrest Wheeler as Zan
fe0cfa756ed4d83476fb471414c35cc1.jpg

Peyton Elizabeth Lee as Jayna
b0e8aa6c5e6621e4144ed6b0dde82791.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee