Wonder Woman 1984 General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

I much prefer day or at least well-lit scenes (as well as no quick cuts) in film action scenes in general, so you can see and fully appreciate exactly what’s going on.

Last edited:
I much prefer day or at least well-lit scenes (as well as no quick cuts) in film action scenes in general so you can see and fully appreciate exactly what’s going on.
Precisely. I need more of that from Patty.

I actually noted while watching WW how interesting and cool it was that Patty had a bunch of scenes where the lighting was very natural, sometimes dark and even unflattering to the actors, but always atmospheric. I had no problems with that.

One of the biggest myths I've read about dc movies, is that night scenes make things more "atmospheric". I like that Patty had a mix of actions in the day and night. But almost every DC movie from this current franchise has had the big boss fight is either at night and/or in doors.

One of the biggest myths I've read about dc movies, is that night scenes make things more "atmospheric".
They make the colors pop and it's easier to fade CGI scenes rather than having to worry about sun lighting, shadows, having a grainy concrete-like texture, etc.
The atmospheric part is having the fights end on a sunrise or some sort of ambient heavy light because the heroes have won.

I don't think night scenes make anything pop. The scenes of Themyscira were bright and beautiful. The colors were rich and the landscapes had texture. The only thing that looks good and can be seen well in DC night fight scenes are fire and explosions. It is just over used at this point and they need to mix it up. Patty did have well lit indoor scenes that I appreciated. Seeing these movies in 3D and even on an IMAX scene make those night scenes look awful with all that CGI.

it's easier to fade CGI scenes rather than having to worry about sun lighting, shadows, having a grainy concrete-like texture, etc.

That's why they do it and it is lame.

This night scene in JL looked good enough.

hh.jpg

There have been a fair number of DCEU daytime action scenes. Most of the action in MOS; civil war on Krypton, Smallville fight, Metropolis fight, the beach battle and no mans land scene in WW, JL had The Old Baily rescue, Amazons vs Steppenwolf, JL vs Superman. I can understand why BVS and SS had most of the action at night, Batman isn't going to call out Superman at high noon.

I don't mind whether WW84 end fight is day or night, whatever is better for the particular story Jenkins is trying to tell.

Intriguing thing I read in this piece on Gal. :

Just as DC’s comic-book-film franchise was struggling to win respect after such panned outings as “Man of Steel” and “Suicide Squad,” Gadot came to the rescue. The actress — previously most familiar from recurring roles in the “Fast and the Furious” franchise — stepped so confidently into Wonder Woman’s iconic boots that she stole the show in her first appearance in “Batman v. Superman,” before injecting heroism and heart into “Wonder Woman,” DC’s most unmitigated success to date and a groundbreaking female-led tentpole. Down the pike, she’ll continue to embody the DC movie-verse’s best self with “Wonder Woman 1984” and an untitled “The Flash” project, but she’ll always find time for surefire hits such as fall 2018’s “Ralph Breaks the Internet.”

Gal Gadot

So WW is in the Flash movie?

Maybe she's the new Barry Allen and The Flash will actually be the third in a Wonder Woman/Flash trilogy after all.

I doubt it. Do any of these outlets even know what is going on with "The Flash" movie? I haven't seen a single outlet report on the possible plot, characters or villain(s) of the movie. That script has gone through so many changes and is still going through changes. That part about WW appearing in
"The Flash" looks like it was taken from articles written late 2017.

Last edited:
I doubt it. Do any of these outlets even know what is going on with "The Flash" movie? I haven't seen a single outlet report on the possible plot, characters or villain(s) of the movie. That script has gone through so many changes and is still going through changes. That part about WW appearing in
"The Flash" looks like it was taken from articles written late 2017.

Good point. There were those articles in late 2017, and there have been a lot of changes with the Flash movie since those reports.

Intriguing thing I read in this piece on Gal. :

According to rumors, Gal had signed on to appear in 2 JL movies, a sequel to WW movie and a Flash (point) movie, so the article may be referring to old plan WB had. Currently there's no Flash script and director-writer duo John Francis Daley, Jonathan Goldstein are writing a new story for a Flash movie, dunno whether WW will appear in that one as Flashpoint is not going to happen.

IF it's true, could just be a cameo. Could have a moment where the Flash is going all over the world and stops by the Louvre.

Robin Wright talking about her return in WW84
“It’s another flashback, of course. Because it has all happened in the past. And because we Amazonians never die, we never age apparently as well… So in the new movie, she will be yet again teaching young Diana a history lesson that she will use in her adulthood as Wonder Woman,” Robin told indianexpress.com.

Tomorrow would be a good day to watch the first Wonder Woman film. It's Remembrance Day and 100 years since WWI ended. I'm surprised that WW isn't being shown on TV everywhere. Maybe people don't make the connection and don't realise it's a WWI film but just think of it as a superhero film.

Tomorrow would be a good day to watch the first Wonder Woman film. It's Remembrance Day and 100 years since WWI ended. I'm surprised that WW isn't being shown on TV everywhere. Maybe people don't make the connection and don't realise it's a WWI film but just think of it as a superhero film.

I thought the same thing. It's actually a great historical drama, and a great superhero movie.

So apparently Chris Pine told BBC1 that he already knew Steve could come back in the sequel back when they were shooting the first movie because Patty told him so.
So I guess we could go back to the "we never saw him die and he could have been snatched from the plane right before the explosion" theory.

So apparently Chris Pine told BBC1 that he already knew Steve could come back in the sequel back when they were shooting the first movie because Patty told him so.
So I guess we could go back to the "we never saw him die and he could have been snatched from the plane right before the explosion" theory.

No, because he's still young in 1984, he's definitely die in the plane explosion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"