Wonder Woman 1984 General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

could someone find a high res version of my avatar please? I remember seeing it a couple months back but can only find this, much appreciated!

The best quality pic I have of this shirt.

Dt3ur-T-Xg-AAGHs-W.jpg

During an interview with Deadline at the Sundance Film Festival, Wonder Woman 1984 director Patty Jenkins explained why the ’80s is the ideal setting for the highly-anticipated film.

While the Wonder Woman series starring Lynda Carter aired from 1975 to 1979, children of the ’80s were able to appreciate the show while watching it in syndication. Now, the titular DC hero will return to the decade in Patty Jenkins Wonder Woman sequel and the director explained why she felt the film needed to be set in the ’80s:

“It’s not the same, but it is, to me, so the era that Wonder Woman belongs in. So, it both was the perfect thing for the story, but also as a fan of the TV show, I was like, we have to see Wonder Woman in the 80s. We have to. That has to be a chapter of it.”

Patty Jenkins also noted how the sequel will capture certain elements from the beloved Lynda Carter series:

“It does have that fun pop. She was so great in that era, in such a great way, and we do get to capture that.”

Patty Jenkins On ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ As Homage To TV Show & ‘Barbie’ Directing Rumors – Sundance Studio
Patty Jenkins On ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ Homaging TV Series

Also, there's no cut yet, only raw footage and dailies, so really any "reactions" that guy on twitter was referring to, if true, are obviously not to the "big picture" of the movie because the movie is not even properly put together yet.

Last edited:
I'll gladly take any version of Wonder Woman tbqh. I do not discriminate as long as they're hot as hell
gtHEehX0_o.gif
5xmJb3nu_o.gif

Pascal is such an awesome actor. He even manages to make an impression in a single scene he has in Beale Street

I wonder will cheetah die or join the legion of doom later. She would be super old by then right?

I wonder will cheetah die or join the legion of doom later. She would be super old by then right?

Since we're getting the Barbara Minerva version, her curse also generally comes with immortality. So unless she gets killed off in this one, she will more than likely be around somewhere in the present day for the Legion of Doom.

Makes me wonder what she's been up to between WW84 and BvS/JL. That scene in BvS where Bruce tracks Diana at the museum and they are looking at that fake sword artifact, I immediately thought of Barbara Ann having a role in stealing the real one and selling it on the black market. Pillaging tombs and harnessing relics is her whole deal, she could be amassing weapons and resources to carry out her grudge on Diana.

Since we're getting the Barbara Minerva version, her curse also generally comes with immortality. So unless she gets killed off in this one, she will more than likely be around somewhere in the present day for the Legion of Doom.

Makes me wonder what she's been up to between WW84 and BvS/JL. That scene in BvS where Bruce tracks Diana at the museum and they are looking at that fake sword artifact, I immediately thought of Barbara Ann having a role in stealing the real one and selling it on the black market. Pillaging tombs and harnessing relics is her whole deal, she could be amassing weapons and resources to carry out her grudge on Diana.
Well they better hurry Kristen is almost 50 they can't have her too much older than Diana right? She'll be 47 when 84' is released. gal is already 30 something. A 50-55-60 yr old Cheetah in upcoming films?

Well they better hurry Kristen is almost 50 they can't have her too much older than Diana right? She'll be 47 when 84' is released. gal is already 30 something. A 50-55-60 yr old Cheetah in upcoming films?

Worst case they can always re-cast. But with the no doubt heavy CGI and make up they are going to cover Kristen with anyway, and stunt doubles, her age should be fine. If RDjr can stick around for multiple films, so can Wiig.

I thought she was around Diana's age maybe? In comics especially?

Oh, is she in the comics? I’m always fond of older superheroes/super villains, because our society is so obsessed with youth - but I don’t know the Wonder Woman comics. My bad.

Oh, is she in the comics? I’m always fond of older superheroes/super villains, because our society is so obsessed with youth - but I don’t know the Wonder Woman comics. My bad.
Yeah I agree with the fountain of youth stuff ugh, I'm always told my life is over by 30 & on my way to hell. & cheetah is always drawn young & hip & sexy like diana or other female heroes so I'm surprised Kristen is that much older.

I thought she was around Diana's age maybe? In comics especially?

I think it depends on the comics. For Barbara Minerva, I always got the vibe she was in her 30s or even early 40s during the Perez issues. Maybe it's his art and the clothes her put her in, but she definitely looked at least a decade older than Diana, who was in her early 20s.

In Rebirth the math Rucka provides has her at around 31 when Diana arrives in Man's World at around 18-20 (she's stated to be around 26 in the issue that takes place 5 years before she meets Wonder Woman). So I think the age difference between Gadot and Wiig actually works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"