Wonder Woman 1984 General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

Gadot and Jenkins are too good to do just 3 movies. 2 of them in the Snyderverse (1 being somewhat connected). :rant:

Definitely wouldn't underestimate Top Gun. I don't think it's comparable to the Mummy. No-one was really eagerly anticipating the Mummy. People are eagerly anticipating Top Gun Maverick though.

Sorry but I just dont see it. Most people I know laugh at the idea and no one wanted to see it. And yes they are all fans...

This stinks of Mary Poppins Returns.

I want 2 films in present-day. One with Cale, Dr Cyber, Circe, Giganta and WW takes on a protege either Donna or Cassie. Other film would be the Greek pantheon walking amongst us again in modern day like Azzarello's run.

Glad to hear a WW3 would be on the cards. And I hope that isn’t the end of Jenkins/Gadot WW. It would be too soon. :csad:

If Jenkins would return for WW4 then I can see her wanting even more of a break before going back to WW again. She may want to do other kinds of movies. (Patty already wants to do that before WW3.) What that would mean for the WW franchise I don't know, whether WB would wait for her. I am curious about how long Gal stays in the role, how long she wants to be WW, whether her age will ever be an issue, or if they will follow her WW for a long time.

Sorry but I just dont see it. Most people I know laugh at the idea and no one wanted to see it. And yes they are all fans...

This stinks of Mary Poppins Returns.

I think Top Gun will do okay but I don't think it's something WW has to be worried about.

If Patty agrees to do WW3, then after that, I would suggest getting a new director for WW4. New director would bring in some new approach to this franchise.

I am curious about how long Gal stays in the role, how long she wants to be WW, whether her age will ever be an issue, or if they will follow her WW for a long time.
I can see her doing WW3, and a few teamup movies. If WW3 is a success, she might even do a fourth one. But beyond that, I am not sure, 4 solo movies and a few team-up movies is more than enough.

If Jenkins would return for WW4 then I can see her wanting even more of a break before going back to WW again. She may want to do other kinds of movies. (Patty already wants to do that before WW3.) What that would mean for the WW franchise I don't know, whether WB would wait for her. I am curious about how long Gal stays in the role, how long she wants to be WW, whether her age will ever be an issue, or if they will follow her WW for a long time.
A break of what, like 5 years? It’s worth waiting unless they can find someone just as good to take over IMO. The real shame is there is no connected DCEU up and running which would have allowed her to have a load of appearances without requiring a full blown new solo every time, which worked very well for Iron Man. I hope they stay with Gal for a good while.

Not trying to be a downer, but maybe we should wait until we've seen the second film before clamouring for a fourth.

The real shame is there is no connected DCEU up and running which would have allowed her to have a load of appearances without requiring a full blown new solo every time, which worked very well for Iron Man.

How can you be sure that there's no connected DCEU ? Shazam just had a (headless) Superman cameo. Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn is already set to appear in BoP and James Gunn's The Suicide Squad. And I think Ezra's Flash movie is set in same continuity.

How can you be sure that there's no connected DCEU ? Shazam just had a (headless) Superman cameo. Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn is already set to appear in BoP and James Gunn's The Suicide Squad. And I think Ezra's Flash movie is set in same continuity.
I mean up and running and ready for her to make full on appearances in other films. At the moment we don’t know what’s going on on that front, while with the original MCU guys it was never a surprise when it was mentioned that someone was appearing in someone else’s film. Even if the DCEU does become like that it will have been bad timing for Gadot who might already be counting down towards her final solo (although of course I hope not).

Pretty sure once these originals did 3 films they need to find a platform (wink wink cross over films) for these actors to keep going otherwise they will be forced to retire from the roles or do what Cruise is doing with Top Gun 2 lol

Marvel also showed you could Rangorok it..

They can do team up films without doing Justice League as well. Have Gal show up in Shazam 2 (or whichever one has Black Adam in it) or whatever. There are ways to keep her around and build the "updated" DCEU.

Outside of Batman right now everything is open. (and you can even find ways to do that without having explicit cameos) Aquaman 2 and Shazam 2 can have cameos/crossovers as can WW going forward. It doesnt have to build to some big Mega Event or anything but just a way to show they all co-exist.

But Top Gun has two things the Mummy didn't - 80's nostalgia, and fighter jets. Not even a joke - fighter jets are never not cool, and hella fun to watch on the big screen. Especially when photographed for real, and this well.

But WW84 should do well anyway.

Are they shooting this in IMAX? Because I can already imagine Nolan or McQ type shots.

They missed a trick with GL big time

Hopefully Shazam and that headless cameo is just the beginning, and the sequels will show the actual actors maybe even some support roles

If Sandberg and The Rock wants Superman, and Supergirl is coming out, I wonder if WB will stop sitting on their butt and actually start searching for a new actor

Are they shooting this in IMAX? Because I can already imagine Nolan or McQ type shots.

They missed a trick with GL big time
I dunno, I honestly wasn't paying attention to Maverick until this trailer, so I haven't been following the production. Seems like a missed opportunity if not, since I know they've used older, clunkier IMAX cameras on Blue Angel jets in a doc before, so it must've been feasible.

Not trying to be a downer, but maybe we should wait until we've seen the second film before clamouring for a fourth.
Iron Man 2 wasn’t great but that didn’t mean I’d had enough of Stark. Once you get the character right people want to see more regardless of whether a film in between is disappointing. I feel that way about MCU Spidey too as I didn’t love Homecoming but wanted to see a sequel that would hopefully be better, and was. And I loved talking about a potential Sinister 6 down the line even before FFH came out. TDW was also a major disappointment and then I loved Ragnarok and Thor’s appearance in IW. Didn’t love his EG appearance so much but still want to see him again. I also bet many that loved TDK but not TDKR would still have been up for another Nolan Bat film. This wasn’t the case for the Reynolds GL though.

Iron Man 2 wasn’t great but that didn’t mean I’d had enough of Stark. Once you get the character right people want to see more regardless of whether a film in between is disappointing. I feel that way about MCU Spidey too as I didn’t love Homecoming but wanted to see a sequel that would hopefully be better, and was. And I loved talking about a potential Sinister 6 down the line even before FFH came out. TDW was also a major disappointment and then I loved Ragnarok and Thor’s appearance in IW. Didn’t love his EG appearance so much but still want to see him again. I also bet many that loved TDK but not TDKR would still have been up for another Nolan Bat film. This wasn’t the case for the Reynolds GL though.

I'm just pointing out that there have been many good films that were followed by a series of disappointing sequels. How many good "Movie Title 4" films are there?
Hopefully that won't happen in this case, just recommending a bit of caution. Just because you loved Superman 1978, doesn't mean you'll love the Quest for Peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"