Wonder Woman 1984 General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

7pdyfj7gdu341.jpg

We will see two new DC villains for the first time in DC movies in 2020. They look quite flamboyant. :hehe:

maxwell-lord-in-wonder-woman-1984.jpg
Patty really does love Donner's Superman because I'm getting Gene Hackman vibes with Pedro in that suit.

Gal talks about why Wonder Woman is not seen with her sword and shield in the movie.

Hello guys,first of all, how are you? Some of us obviously have read the plot leaks on Reddit, and i think this time SCREEN RANT nailed it. Here is the article, but its spoilerly, so SPOILERS:
DCEU Theory: Maxwell Lord's Rock Is Key To Wonder Woman 1984
"The villainous Maxwell Lord could possess a Chaos Shard in Wonder Woman 1984, explaining the surreal twists in the plot of the upcoming DCEU movie...The Wonder Woman 1984 trailer suggests that Pedro Pascal's Maxwell Lord has somehow gained the ability to grant people their hearts' desires ("think about having everything you've always wanted," he instructs in a voice-over). For Diana of Themyscira, this means the return of Steve Trevor, the man she loved and lost decades ago. For Kristin Wiig's Barbara Minerva, it means granting her the power to be a match for Wonder Woman, and unfortunately setting her on a path of self-destruction. The question remains, however, how these two wishes are granted.
It's easy to miss, but one detail in the trailer may offer an important clue. There's a shot of Maxwell Lord holding a mysterious crystal, staring into it reverentially. Dialogue accompanying the shot appears to hint that this is the secret of Lord's power. Visually, this appears to correspond with a little-known object from DC Comics known as a Chaos Shard, which does indeed have the power to grant wishes.
In the comics, Batman and Superman stumbled upon an object known as the Chaos Crystal, a tremendously powerful object that could be used to destroy entire worlds. The origin of the Chaos Crystal is uncertain; some comics have suggested that it hails from the dark world of Apokolips, and was mined from the planet's core and forged into a crystal eons ago. Others have claimed that it was actually a relic from the Sphere of the Gods, cast down to Earth. Whatever the truth may be, the superheroes were forced to destroy the Chaos Crystal, shattering it across the Multiverse. So-called "Chaos Shards" were scattered across time and space, each possessing less power than the Chaos Crystal itself, but dangerous nonetheless.
A Chaos Shard is a formidable weapon, allowing its bearer absolute control of reality. They can stare into the Chaos Shard, and it will rewrite reality itself in order to grant them their heart's desire. Given Barbara Minerva is an archaeologist, it's entirely possible that her film version will discover the Chaos Shard, and that both she and Diana will gaze into its reflection — and receive a secret wish. However the Chaos Shard is found, though, the Wonder Woman 1984 trailer seems to confirm that it will end up in the hands of Maxwell Lord — driven by greed and avarice, he's a very dangerous man to wield this kind of power."

So, i did again a recearch to my comics archives, and i found this:
The Chaos Crystal is a relic hailing from the Sphere of the Gods, able to augment and intensify small amounts of energy, turning them into incredibly large bursts of raw power. Another facet of the crystal is that it is a wish granter, giving whomever it's surface reflects whatever they're hearts desire if provided enough energy. In the possession of the Earth 2 United States Government, they used the crystal to create a planet busting weapon powered by it in an attempt to incapacitate the Superman of their world if he ever went rogue. The Batman also used a fragment of it to turn the radiation of a small piece of on hand Kryptonite into a much larger burst of radiation capable of incapacitating Kal-El of Prime Earth. However, the Superman of Earth 2 destroys the crystal and scatters many fragments of it in different directions.
Years later, it is revealed that Ra's al Ghul hid a fragment of the crystal inside the sarcophagus of Damian Wayne. Glorious Godfrey confronts Batman, Ra's, and their allies in an attempt to retrieve the crystal. Even with the intervention of the Justice League, Godfrey succeeds in taking Damian's coffin back to Apokolips along with the crystal. Batman declares he will venture to Apokolips and bring Damian back -- alive. It is later revealed that exposure to the crystal without some type of protective garb can prove caustic to the holder unless they hail from the New God race.

So, thats all!

'Birds of Prey,' 'Sonic' and 'Top Gun: Maverick' Lead IMDb's Most-Anticipated Movies of 2020 (Exclusive)
IMDb Most-Anticipated Movies of 2020*
“Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn” – Feb. 7
“Sonic the Hedgehog” – Feb. 14
“Top Gun: Maverick” – June 26
“No Time to Die” – April 10
“Black Widow” – May 1
“Mulan” – Mar. 27
“Wonder Woman 1984” – June 5
“Dune” – Dec. 18
“The King’s Man” – Sept. 18
“Fast & Furious 9” – May 22

IMDb has proved to be a totally unreliable sourse to everything, so i don't give a damn what this media says. I remember when IMDb had in the cast Alicia Vicanter as Hawkgirl, lol!

Gosh I can’t get get enough of this trailer. I’ve been bopping along to 80’s music since it dropped, and I’m seriously tempted to buy a fanny-pack. :o

Gosh I can’t get get enough of this trailer. I’ve been bopping along to 80’s music since it dropped, and I’m seriously tempted to buy a fanny-pack. :o
Steve with that fanny pack and 80s Casio watch.

4-D34-D70-B00000578-5847315-He-s-back-Chris-Pine-37-was-seen-back-o.jpg

Last edited:
I think people should just go see the movie and decide if they like it. Don't base your enjoyment of something based on someone else's tastes and expectations. I'm sure there are many movies I love that people hate and vice versa.

Thank God we're not all the same and can appreciate different things!

So, do you donate millions of dollars to other people so they can afford to go watch every single movie released? Because you are basically saying "You are obligated to watch a movie and not use any information to guess whether that's even a good idea." Since you can't use anything but personal experience to decide, and the only way to get personal experience is to watch a movie, the only valid choice would be to watch every single movie. After all, you don't have any personal experience about J Random Romcom, so you have no grounds for not watching it.

Seriously, this has turned into a real personal irk. In a rush to justify why reviews, even broad swathes of reviews "don't matter", it seems some people are completely blind to what they are actually advocating. Note: I don't care about answers that include the phrase "that's not what I meant". I care about what you are *actually saying*. If you don't mean something, then don't *say* that something. Sloppiness and imprecision is not an excuse.

To flip it around more positively. . . obviously, no one watches every movie in existence. That means everyone *must* have means to filter available movies without relying on personal experience, to predetermine whether a movie is likely to provide enough enjoyment to be worth the expenditure of money and time. And *every possible source of said data is flawed*. This is something people must accept going in. There is no perfect, universally reliable source for making such a judgement. Reviewers have biases and preferences. . . and the promotional material for a movie *absolutely* has biased. You are much better suited relying on ( a subset of ) reviewers, who at least theoretically are trying to give an objective judgement of the quality and features of a movie, than on the marketing department of the studio which is *absolutely 100%* interested in convincing you to watch their movie.

That's an interesting clip about the sword and shield. I've been looking forward to this movie for a while partially because of details like that.

While I liked the first movie a lot, it always felt to me like the sequel would be the Wonder Woman movie that Jenkins really wanted to make. I'll be surprised if it's not fantastic, tbh.

Great interview with Patty and Gal. There's been a very noticeable trend by film media in recent years that in order to elevate women in franchises you have to put men down, and Gal, the class at that she is, rightfully points out to the interviewer you can't just elevate one over the other, that it's important that boys also experience Wonder Woman. :up:

Oh, and I agree 100% about the sword and shield thing. Lasso needs to take centre stage as her primary weapon.

Anybody know if the remixed version of the trailer song is on spotify or youtube? I have the original song in one of my playlists but now I have this version stuck in my head

We know that Hans Zimmer is composing the music for the movie, but can we hear this song in the soundtrack?

Collider Video were discussing the Amazon spinoff rumour. One guy said that the rumour was it would end up as a limited series on HBO Max but then they dismissed that and said that Patty said it was going to be a movie.

Patty's quote:
“We actually already know the whole story to [Wonder Woman 3] and then some because there is an Amazon [spinoff] movie as well and so we already have it all mapped out. It’s just a matter of will we change our minds and when.”

Anybody know if the remixed version of the trailer song is on spotify or youtube? I have the original song in one of my playlists but now I have this version stuck in my head

It was posted on this thread a couple of days ago from YouTube but it has since been taken down by Warner Bros.

Circe for film 3 please Patty. Maybe Silver Swan also, depending on what storyline they do for Cheetah.

Edit: Veronica Cale also. Human level adversary would be a good contrast.

I think Jenkins should integrate the aspect of the Gods as beings of multiversal existence. Killing Ares in her origin film only meant she skilled Ares' avatar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"