Wonder Woman 1984 General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

I think Jenkins should integrate the aspect of the Gods as beings of multiversal existence. Killing Ares in her origin film only meant she skilled Ares' avatar.

If all the gods are dead now (killed by Ares) perhaps they can all be reborn or restored for WW3 somehow (like how Zeus was reborn in New 52).

So, do you donate millions of dollars to other people so they can afford to go watch every single movie released? Because you are basically saying "You are obligated to watch a movie and not use any information to guess whether that's even a good idea." Since you can't use anything but personal experience to decide, and the only way to get personal experience is to watch a movie, the only valid choice would be to watch every single movie. After all, you don't have any personal experience about J Random Romcom, so you have no grounds for not watching it.

Seriously, this has turned into a real personal irk. In a rush to justify why reviews, even broad swathes of reviews "don't matter", it seems some people are completely blind to what they are actually advocating. Note: I don't care about answers that include the phrase "that's not what I meant". I care about what you are *actually saying*. If you don't mean something, then don't *say* that something. Sloppiness and imprecision is not an excuse.

To flip it around more positively. . . obviously, no one watches every movie in existence. That means everyone *must* have means to filter available movies without relying on personal experience, to predetermine whether a movie is likely to provide enough enjoyment to be worth the expenditure of money and time. And *every possible source of said data is flawed*. This is something people must accept going in. There is no perfect, universally reliable source for making such a judgement. Reviewers have biases and preferences. . . and the promotional material for a movie *absolutely* has biased. You are much better suited relying on ( a subset of ) reviewers, who at least theoretically are trying to give an objective judgement of the quality and features of a movie, than on the marketing department of the studio which is *absolutely 100%* interested in convincing you to watch their movie.
My point was quite simple. If someone (film critic, friend, relative) watches a movie and says "I didn't like it... I thought it was rubbish" then personally I'm never like "I'm not going to like it... I think it's rubbish". I will always go and see for myself. I have seen many poorly reviewed films that I have enjoyed and I have seen many well received movies that I have disliked. I'm not saying to completely dismiss critic reviews (some are insightful and well written) but perhaps rely on your own judgement and personal opinion at the end of the day rather than someone else's. I would never completely dismiss a movie if it was poorly reviewed.

I sat through Baywatch the other day which was poorly reviewed and I agree it was absolutely atrocious, but it's one of my friend's favourites and she was laughing hysterically the whole way though. She clearly didn't care what critics or other people thought and good for her as it clearly brings her enjoyment.

78826886_579479992840202_2874210514123096064_o.jpg

I'm glad they haven't totally redesigned it, more just a spit and a polish job. That said, I wouldn't mind in film 3 if she get's a modern version of this costume.
Spit and polish??? what you do when you see the costume is your business mate...

Ohh Jmc, how predictable. Like a moth to a flame

but you're the moth..... it seems.

Welcome to the future.... Life is good, but it can be better. And why shouldn’t it be?
All you need is to want it. Think about finally having everything you always wanted.

020a4815b41ab479ef8186fd9ccaea9b6ee6422e.png

Last edited:
The movie is done. Because it doesn't come out for a few months, for the first time in my career which is so great, I was able to say, ‘Hey guys, can you let me fiddle with this? Can you let me fiddle with that?’ So I'm fiddling but the movie is technically done.”

As to what form that fiddling takes, Jenkins was willing to tease. “I have an idea and I'm like, maybe it would make [the movie] shorter. We're not going to officially say [how long the movie is] yet, however it's in a good territory.” (She was willing to reveal that the first cut was 2 hours and 45 minutes, adding, “It wasn't like three hours and a half; I’m not that kind of filmmaker.”)

I knew exactly what I wanted it to be. But then, the thing that excites me the most is we literally set out to do something that I may never get to do again, which is to say, let's not make a movie that's ‘funny ha ha, the '80s.’ Let's make a grand tentpole like they made in the '80s so it's as if you, I want it to feel like you're seeing a movie in the '80s.”

That means practical effects and stunts wherever possible, including bringing Cirque de Soleil in for some of the more outlandish stunts.

“We shut down Penn Ave. in Washington DC, which was just [by] itself incredible,” Gal Gadot added. “And then we had wires, rigs, for kilometers, for miles, so I can run in the same speed that Usain Bolt ran in the Olympics.” The stunts weren’t easy for Gadot, she admitted, but she felt compelled to do them because of her close relationship with Jenkins.

'Wonder Woman' Director Patty Jenkins Considering Amazon Spinoff

“I have an idea and I'm like, maybe it would make [the movie] shorter. We're not going to officially say [how long the movie is] yet, however it's in a good territory.” (She was willing to reveal that the first cut was 2 hours and 45 minutes, adding, “It wasn't like three hours and a half; I’m not that kind of filmmaker.”
So my friend Micromind, apparently in the "notorious" test screening back in October, people saw the first cut of the movie, because leaks on Reddit mentioned that the movie was about 2:40 long.So practically they saw everything Patty shooted. Another proof about the real use of test screenings, and why we must not take for granted various "scoopers" and "leakers", who basically all they want is attention for the sake of attention.

I have seen some trailer reaction videos on YT and some people are comparing the movie's music and colorful visuals to Thor Ragnorak but it's actually set in 1984, so using the 80's music makes more sense (which Thor Ragnorak wasn't)

The colors and tone is more in line with Donner's and Lester's Superman movies, particularly, Superman 2 -Donner Cut and Superman 3. (Which were made in 1980 and 1983).

Also, pointing out they're surprised to see vivid colors is bit odd, Aquaman and Shazam were very colorful. (I guess some might have skipped those movies.)

When the movies are made and set don't necessarily dictate the visuals and color palettes. Thor and this are both using neon aesthetic. Donner's Supermans didn't do that at all.

Aquaman and Shazam were colorful, but not neon like this one is.

I love it. It reminds me of the babysitters club tv series and I mean that in a good way. With so many blockbusters out it’s important to look different. No-one would mistake this for marvel or Star Wars. I think it’s the best

Loved loved loveddddd the trailer. The music pairing with the footage was fantastic. That song is now my kickoff song on my workout playlist.

Really curious to see if Patty makes the movie shorter. If she does, I can't wait for the post-release interviews and if she details what she changed.

Loved loved loveddddd the trailer. The music pairing with the footage was fantastic. That song is now my kickoff song on my workout playlist.

Really curious to see if Patty makes the movie shorter. If she does, I can't wait for the post-release interviews and if she details what she changed.
Yeah, the music added a lot to the trailer. Great song choice and very well integrated with the trailer content.

Between Disney's muted color palette the fact that this movie is so beautifully colorful can help it so much. It instantly looks different than Disney's blockbusters

I thought maybe TROS would look decent but nah, still bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"