Wonder Woman 1984 General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

It's possible that movies released in Nov /Dec might not find as many audience as they could under normal circumstances, but still they would be able to get back some substantial Box office collections.

They can always release the movie as VOD in Jan / Feb followed by early Bluray release (and later on streaming service like Netflix / HBO Max).

I mean, why not use All Options available ?

Even if we find a way to contain this virus or even better find a treatment , u still gonna struggle to get people to go to the cinema, or any crowded place, people need to face it, this coronavirus stuff is gonna destroy hollywood for quite some times....

Know what this reminds me of? When it was rumored that Billy Crudup would not be appearing in Justice League.

A few hours pass and there's confirmation that he would, in fact, be appearing. Either way, like the other studios, just waiting on the moment when WB at least announces that WW 1984 won't be coming out in June. At this point, why bother?

Even if we find a way to contain this virus or even better find a treatment , u still gonna struggle to get people to go to the cinema, or any crowded place, people need to face it, this coronavirus stuff is gonna destroy hollywood for quite some times....
People keep saying that, but everyone is going to be eager to get out. Being cooped up for weeks? So many people are going to be ansty.

China Audiences Say They’re Ready for Cinemas to Reopen Post Coronavirus

It's possible that movies released in Nov /Dec might not find as many audience as they could under normal circumstances, but still they would be able to get back some substantial Box office collections.

They can always release the movie as VOD in Jan / Feb followed by early Bluray release (and later on streaming service like Netflix / HBO Max).

I mean, why not use All Options available ?

I have a feeling that all studios are just going to prepare to take losses (or underperforming) of all movies for the next year or so.

WB Execs are considering the option of releasing WW84 as VOD once again.

Unless I'm seeing it wrong, it doesn't seem like the writer has a source of their own and is just regurgitating old rumours that WB has come out against.

Inevitable, yeah. Was only a matter of time before WB delayed it. I don't know if, for any studio, August is far back enough because who knows where the world will be as far as this virus goes, but at least it's back enough from the original date- for 2020- but not so far removed that people will have forgotten that there was a Wonder Woman movie slated for this year.

So wait...is this not the apocalypse now? Is WB's head still in the sand?

Just saw the news darn it. I get it but darn before this it was coming out just 2 days after my BD and kind of fellt like a present.

God I really do hope this comes out in August, but it's still way too early to tell IMO. At least all that ridiculous streaming nonsense can be officially put to rest now though. No way in hell they were going to do that anyways when it is clearly obvious that this movie was meant to be seen on the biggest screens possible.

Considering the movie was filmed with IMAX 70mm cameras, there's no way I would be watching it in VOD.

Things won't be back to normal by August. It's not just the virus you have to think about but a lot of people will be out of work. Up to 40 million according to reports. And that's just here in the states

Things won't be back to normal by August. It's not just the virus you have to think about but a lot of people will be out of work. Up to 40 million according to reports. And that's just here in the states
Movies arent that expensive though it wont hurt sales at all.

0BC5D2EB-2F99-45EC-B5FD-2A4958C29537.jpeg

Is that a new red movie costume in the August redate tweet from Patty & Gal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"