Wonder Woman 1984 General Discussion and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Hippolyta going to be in this again? What about other Amazons?

Did Charlize Theron ever say she would be interested in this film?

There's still plenty of casting to be announced, I'm sure.

There is a small possibility that Steve Trevor is brought via magic by Circe. The latter has ability to transform reality and matter including reviving the dead and teleportation.

So he comes back to help her but he dies at the end again?

"It was great to see you again Diana"

*Turns to dust*

That would cheapen his death in the first movie and ruin the moment when Diana acts out when Bruce Wayne says Trevor.

*Turns to dust*

That would cheapen his death in the first movie and ruin the moment when Diana acts out when Bruce Wayne says Trevor.

Maybe when Batfleck said that, she just had been wanting to slap him one, so any excuse would do.

*Turns to dust*

Not necessarily - depending on how it plays, it could make his loss feel much more fresh in her memory. I mean, she'd probably well and truly moved on by the 1980's, and then he comes back and re-opens those wounds all over again.

*Turns to dust*

I don't know. Maybe.

Nothing actually cheapens his death, though, in the logical sense. It's his sacrifice that has weight. He made it intending to die. He couldn't possibly know he'd be pulled through time/saved via magic, or whatever they do.

Actually it would potentially explain the reason Diana acts out when Bruce says "Steve Trevor" all the better.

Depending on what she encounters in the 80's, it could potentially explain why she stayed in the shadows, too. Maybe she was willing to give mankind a chance and then the arms race happened.

Him coming back doesnt cheapen his death imo, it still happened 30 years ago. He still chose to sacrifice himself not knowing that he'd ever be alive again (if he is actually alive). Captain America sacrificing himself only to be found and unfrozen decades later doesnt cheapen his "death"

Is Hippolyta going to be in this again? What about other Amazons?

Did Charlize Theron ever say she would be interested in this film?

I hope so. Though I dont know how they would outside of flashbacks since it kind of seems like Diana hasnt been home since she left.

Him coming back doesnt cheapen his death imo, it still happened 30 years ago. He still chose to sacrifice himself not knowing that he'd ever be alive again (if he is actually alive). Captain America sacrificing himself only to be found and unfrozen decades later doesnt cheapen his "death"

If Steve is genuinely alive in 1984, then I don't think that cheapens his death in 1918. I do think it cheapens Diana's grief, though. Not the entirety of her grief, of course, but Jenkins framed WW as though the loss of Steve was an old wound for Diana. If Steve is part of Diana's life in 1984, then he either dies again or continues to live until he dies sometime before 2016. That would be strange, however, because Diana's grief seemed faded in the present time. She didn't strike me as someone who spent years or even decades with the love of her life who was miraculously returned to her and only passed within the last few years. So, then, maybe Steve dies again in 1984 to make some sense of Diana's present day grief? She's hardened because she keeps losing the people she loves. But I don't want to see Steve die again. I don't want the formula repeated. If history repeats itself, it's the second death would be cheapened rather than the first.

I like how trevor saccrifice himself and how it affected diana's character arc.

Seeing those pics of ww84 with another trevor gives me a not-so-good feeling...please not another fish out of water.
And i have to wait another year to really know

I can’t think of any explanation to his return that doesn’t ruin the emotional arc of the first movie. Really not liking this idea now.

I’ll give you one. That’s not actually Steve Trevor. That’s a Martian.

If Steve is genuinely alive in 1984, then I don't think that cheapens his death in 1918. I do think it cheapens Diana's grief, though. Not the entirety of her grief, of course, but Jenkins framed WW as though the loss of Steve was an old wound for Diana. If Steve is part of Diana's life in 1984, then he either dies again or continues to live until he dies sometime before 2016. That would be strange, however, because Diana's grief seemed faded in the present time. She didn't strike me as someone who spent years or even decades with the love of her life who was miraculously returned to her and only passed within the last few years. So, then, maybe Steve dies again in 1984 to make some sense of Diana's present day grief? She's hardened because she keeps losing the people she loves. But I don't want to see Steve die again. I don't want the formula repeated. If history repeats itself, it's the second death would be cheapened rather than the first.

I can agree with that.

Gonna guess this is gonna be a role reversal with Diana now showing Steve how to fit in with the modern world.

There's no way I see a happy ending happening with Steve.

For the people who said they don't care if this contradicts BVS and JL as long as it's great.....well if it contradicts those 2 movies you hate....it will also contradict your beloved WW part one.

That's is why I don't like Trevor alive unless it's in modern times or this being set before MOS, BVS, and JL.

I personally don't really like that Steve Trevor is back and/or alive again, but I'm willing to give it all a shot to see how it plays out.

No use in immediately writing this off prior to actually knowing or seeing anything about it...

After seeing Ocean's 8, I'm kinda in the Sandra Bullock as Circe arena.

For the people who said they don't care if this contradicts BVS and JL as long as it's great.....well if it contradicts those 2 movies you hate....it will also contradict your beloved WW part one.

That's is why I don't like Trevor alive unless it's in modern times or this being set before MOS, BVS, and JL.

You don’t even know how he is “alive”. It wouldn’t really affect the WW movie because she is just happy the photo brought back his memory and why she continues to fight for humanity. In BvS and JL she is bitter and hardened. That wasn’t in WW. So, I don’t get your point.

Any way this is 1984, some magical shenanigans are at play and if you look at it positively, his return could strengthen his sacrifice and Diana’s heroism and faith in humanity. We don’t know how he will be used. I went through all the threads before the first WW came out and the handwringing never changes.

Yeah it's obvious he won't still be alive by the time the first WW movie rolls around, so it doesn't really "contradict" anything in that film. She still loved him, and she has still lost him, so she'd be happy to have that picture back either way.

Yeah it's obvious he won't still be alive by the time the first WW movie rolls around, so it doesn't really "contradict" anything in that film. She still loved him, and she has still lost him, so she'd be happy to have that picture back either way.

But would that really be the only picture she had of him if he's really alive in 1984? Didn't she thought of taking another picture of him before he died again? :oldrazz:

But would that really be the only picture she had of him if he's really alive in 1984? Didn't she thought of taking another picture of him before he died again? :oldrazz:
Not if he's only around for a few days again to help her on this adventure and his "death" is unexpected. Or maybe this one will be bookended by Bruce sending her a polaroid he found in an abandoned mall. :oldrazz:

Comics always find a way to bring back dead characters, Jason Todd's resurrection was explained by a punch by Superboy Prime and in Doomsday Clock, The Comedian was plucked from the moment he fell out of the window to Metropolis by Doctor Manhattan so there are many ideas how Steve Trevor is alive and still looking the same, my hunch is that he did actually die but Circe or another entity resurrected him.

Comics always find a way to bring back dead characters, Jason Todd's resurrection was explained by a punch by Superboy Prime and in Doomsday Clock, The Comedian was plucked from the moment he fell out of the window to Metropolis by Doctor Manhattan so there are many ideas how Steve Trevor is alive and still looking the same, my hunch is that he did actually die but Circe or another entity resurrected him.

Pet Sematary!!!:

maxresdefault.jpg

Does death not matter to anyone anymore?

It could be wish fulfilment related to magic. That could tie in to Barbara Minerva becoming Cheetah. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"