Wonder Woman 2 General Discussion and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Star Wars 9 around that time?

Why announce a release date before locking down Jenkins? Why move away from the summer? Why compete with a Disney live action fairy tale movie scheduled for release the following weekend?

Movie calendars are getting packed these day's bro. There's no hiding place unless you want to be a counter programme to another movie.

WW2 will have the same audience as Star Wars Episode 9. Disney Live Action will alway's be huge anyway.

So we're all basically in agreement that it's either Cheetah or Circe, right?

Movie calendars are getting packed these day's bro. There's no hiding place unless you want to be a counter programme to another movie.

WW2 will have the same audience as Star Wars Episode 9. Disney Live Action will alway's be huge anyway.

I hear you. Just no period piece and Steve Trevor. The character needs to move forward.

Two princess movies in December. It's gonna be a huge month.

Why announce a release date before locking down Jenkins? Why move away from the summer? Why compete with a Disney live action fairy tale movie scheduled for release the following weekend?

I hope Jenkins is close to a deal for WW2, hence WB setting the date for the sequel. And why complain about moving the sequel from summer to the holiday season? It's an incredibly lucrative spot when you have the right film, like Avatar, Force Awakens and Rogue One. And the Harry Potter franchise moved from Thanksgiving to summer and back again with little audience attrition.

WW2 is a sure bet, and WB is moving quickly before Disney decides to bump Episode IX off the summer 2019 calendar.

I hope Jenkins is close to a deal for WW2, hence WB setting the date for the sequel. And why complain about moving the sequel from summer to the holiday season? It's an incredibly lucrative spot when you have the right film, like Avatar, Force Awakens and Rogue One. And the Harry Potter franchise moved from Thanksgiving to summer and back again with little audience attrition.

WW2 is a sure bet, and WB is moving quickly before Disney decides to bump Episode IX off the summer 2019 calendar.

I'm surprised they didn't go with November since they were going for having DC films every other November but December as you say can be lucrative.

My guess is that they might clinched Bond 25 and that'll be their November tentpole

Jenkins isn't locked down yet?

They need to sign Jenkins right away. I'm surprised by the December date but was wondering if they're putting it there in the hope of getting an Oscar if they're deciding to go for that next time round. But why compete with a Disney film? Which one is it?

wrote this in the WW thread

maybe they think WW is a leggy franchise, and the demo they got was family, adults and kids, so they are using the holiday frame to attract this demo and stretch the legs? I saw the teens/boys under 25 made up the lowest of the demo around 15%. Also WW might not be so lucky in summer 2019 if other blockbusters performs instead of flopping like this year?

Jenkins isn't locked down yet?

THR said they're negotiating but I believe trade news could sometimes lag, Gal's deal seem to have closed pretty quick, maybe she's a pretty straight forward person :yay:

Charlize Theron as Cheetah, or maybe Sofia Boutella.

The last two Star Wars films have taken advantage of a dearth of competition in December, to great success.

Hopefully WW 2 can do the same.

THR said they're negotiating but I believe trade news could sometimes lag, Gal's deal seem to have closed pretty quick, maybe she's a pretty straight forward person :yay:

Gal would have been signed for multiple films. Putting a date down without Jenkins on board is the stupidest f$#!ing move they can make.

Gal would have been signed for multiple films. Putting a date down without Jenkins on board is the stupidest f$#!ing move they can make.

She was signed for 3, BvS, WW and JL, did you miss the uproar when the media went nut over Gal earning 1M for 3 films while Henry earned 15M for MOS? That was misleading btw, but she was up for a new contract after she finished JL, so she has signed on according to THR.

Well, Gal may have signed for 3 films, initially.

I doubt there's much doubt about Jenkins' involvement on their end (or maybe none), we just don't have the official word yet.

Edit: I was pre-empted, sorry.

Fair enough, but not having signed both before announcing the date is ridiculous. That should have been the easiest package deal to make in superhero movie history. Both women deserved whatever the hell they asked for, especially Jenkins. She's the only director to deliver both financially and critically. Announcing this before she's signed up indicates to me WB are willing to move forward without her.

Haha, hm, no.

IMHO, they are putting the date down because they want to do it before Disney changes its mind re SW9 and Patty's pretty much sealed. We'll see, happy to eat crow if Patty quits.

Disney can move in on WW turf all they want. Star Wars is the bigger franchise.

All of the vibes from Jenkins have been good, and there was word from Johns at the Con that he was working on the script with input from Jenkins.

So, at the moment, I'm optimistic on that point. I don't see any strong reason not to be.

To be honest I don't think WB expected Wonder Woman to be as big of a hit as it turned out to be! They were probably expecting MOS numbers hence why they didn't have Patty or Gal locked in for a sequel.

Now Wondy is one of WB's biggest franchises!! Bigger than Fantastic Beasts, Kong/Godzilla and Superman atm! :woot: Patty has all the negotiating power!

Patty also wasn't their first choice to direct. Michelle MacLaren was. And then she left and Patty was brought in as a replacement director. So them not paying her that much kind of makes sense in-context.

Of course NOW, she has pretty much all of the leverage when it comes to renegotiating her deal.

Disney can move in on WW turf all they want. Star Wars is the bigger franchise.

No they really cant. Because Disney doesn't want to lose out on money trying to compete with Wonder Woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"