World Wonder Woman 2009 dtv discussion thread

Primal Slayer

Let the Siren scream
Reaction score

Discuss the 2009 animated film​

Bruce Timm talking about a sequel way back when
Are there plans to do any more sequels for the recently released DC animated films?

We had originally planned to do sequels for Wonder Woman and Green Lantern, but Wonder Woman’s sales started out extremely slow and then over time were eventually able to catch up to probably Justice League Frontier. The Exec’s decided because it wasn’t able to sell quickly right away, where as Justice League was, that there wouldn’t be any more female super hero films right now. We were developing and hoping to get started on a batgirl film based on Year One, but because of Wonder Woman’s slow sales start, that won’t be happening now.
http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/movie-news/2010/4/25/exclusive-interview-with-bruce-timm.html

Despite WB not being happy that it wasn't a fast saler, it still ended up being in their top 10 dtvs as of 2015
2csjm87.jpg

Last edited:
Real shame it didn't do as well as they'd hoped. It's long been my #1 DC animation, even over Mask of the Phantasm and Under the Red Hood. Fantastic final battle too (and creepy, with [BLACKOUT]the slain Amazons rising and turning against their former comrades[/BLACKOUT]). Easy 9/10

I don't want to see a sequel to this movie. Having watched the live action WW movie, I don't really like this animated movie at all. I don't care to see this cast returning, especially not Nathan Fillion's Steve Trevor. Keri Russell's Diana is also too hard and cold.

I would rather just see a different version of a WW animated movie with a new cast that play the characters more like the Patty Jenkins movie.

I would LOVE a sequel to the movie but I'd take any WW solo dtv I can get.

But I did love the opening of the film soooo much and thought it should be adapted the films.

WW 2009 is easily in my top 5 all time best DC animated films I liked how more dark it was in tone compared to the older ones it and Dark Knight returns were both awesome.

I would LOVE a sequel to the movie but I'd take any WW solo dtv I can get.

That's how I feel. So long as the quality is up there with the 2009 movie I'll be happy [BLACKOUT]but a sequel would be great![/BLACKOUT] :yay:

I think my biggest complaint for this animated movie was the omission of longtime characters like Mala, Philippus, and Menalippe. Instead we got Artemis (in Philippus's role, sorta) and a bunch of brand new characters. Alexa could've easily been Menalippe and Persephone could've been Dalma or Alkyone or any of the other countless "evil" amazons.

That said, I'd love to see a follow-up to this movie. No more origins! Just an all-out adventure starring Wonder Woman. The Hiketeia or Eyes of the Gorgon would make great stories, or the more recent Rebirth stuff.

That said, I'd love to see a follow-up to this movie. No more origins! Just an all-out adventure starring Wonder Woman. The Hiketeia or Eyes of the Gorgon would make great stories, or the more recent Rebirth stuff.

Absolutely :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"