Wonder Woman Box Office Speculation Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda wish for Cruise to go back and do more dramatic type work. Folks often forget the amount of legendary directors he has worded under, not even Leo can touch him when it comes to that. Outside of the MI franchise, I ain't interested to see Cruise save this bald world.

Pirates of the Caribbean 5 has 27% on RT right now, so there's that.

My total worldwide is between 400 and 600M. I would be surprised if it did more than that.
With the bump from the critics and their good reception it looks like the numbers for the opening weekend have increased. I would guess it will make between 70 an 100M OW.

Pirates has been on the decline domestically but it should clean house in international markets.

Pirates has been on the decline domestically but it should clean house in international markets.

Will probably be heavily front loaded, though. WW is bound to have better legs.

The Pirates 5 reviews were completely expected when they put an embargo on even social media reactions following the Cinemacon screening. Summer is now desperately in need of a movie which everyone can go to an enjoy and which will have good reviews and anticipation as well.

If WW reviews turn out well, the sky is the limit for it. Whatever be the opening weekend, it can get legs for weeks altogether. Post WW, June has The Mummy which is looking like a 50/50 shot on whether it will be good, Cars 3 which will be another Pirates 5 IMO, and then TF5 which will be another Cars 3/Pirates 5 (I actually watched a pre-screening for TF5, and all I can say is that its pretty much the same movie all over again)

If Pirates 5 and Baywatch disappoint at the box office this weekend, there will not have been a breakout movie in a while - the final marketing push plus reviews can put WW over the top.

WW has the best legs. :o

tumblr_om56z7g3ud1s2wio8o1_1280.gif

The Pirates 5 reviews were completely expected when they put an embargo on even social media reactions following the Cinemacon screening. Summer is now desperately in need of a movie which everyone can go to an enjoy and which will have good reviews and anticipation as well.

If WW reviews turn out well, the sky is the limit for it. Whatever be the opening weekend, it can get legs for weeks altogether. Post WW, June has The Mummy which is looking like a 50/50 shot on whether it will be good, Cars 3 which will be another Pirates 5 IMO, and then TF5 which will be another Cars 3/Pirates 5 (I actually watched a pre-screening for TF5, and all I can say is that its pretty much the same movie all over again)

If Pirates 5 and Baywatch disappoint at the box office this weekend, there will not have been a breakout movie in a while - the final marketing push plus reviews can put WW over the top.

Yeah Cars 3 is looking like it might be a pretty big miss for Pixar. With Alien underperforming and the Mummy set to do the same my feelings that Wonder Woman will have smooth sailing look pretty good. Transformers will beat it but by then it wont matter.

I guess we have to take back the WW a** kissing theory, Disney's getting hammered by the critics lol, unless they didn't buy them drinks and special screenings

A post from Box Office Theory

A user was kind enough to provide us presale data, I won't post the actual data here, but here are the basics:

Pirates 5 is about 20% higher than Alien:Covenant at the same point before release
Baywatch is half of Bad Moms at the same point before release
Wonder Woman is at 78% of Suicide Squad at the same point before release
The Mummy has sold 900 tickets to date
Captain Underpants is about 30% of Lego Batman

In terms of pure numbers: Pirates + Baywatch + Mummy + Captain Underpants < Wonder Woman currently.

A post from Box Office Theory

When was this post made? Thanks.

SS shot up to mid 140M at one stage before the s**t reviews rain on it, settled for 133M.

78% of 145M would mean 113M OW

78% of 133M = 103-104M OW

That sounds like great news! Hoping for the best!

"In terms of pure numbers: Pirates + Baywatch + Mummy + Captain Underpants < Wonder Woman currently."

No way, that's awesome.:eek::woot:

Ok, so Wonder Woman is probably going to hit around $100 million.

Higher if it's currently at 78% of SS with still a week left and the press tour just starting in the US and fan screenings. Sky's the limit if they lift the embargo and reviews are great

I think we're passed the Winter Soldier/Dr Strange/GOTG numbers now and looking at going after MOS/SS numbers.

It was compared to Antman at one stage 2 weeks ago, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"