Wonder Woman Box Office Speculation Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Higher if it's currently at 78% of SS with still a week left and the press tour just starting in the US and fan screenings. Sky's the limit if they lift the embargo and reviews are great

Wonder Woman could be Batman '89...

The highest ratings Pirates is getting is 6/10 or 3/5, the rest are much lower, I remember Sausage Party and that McCarthy movie overperformed when BvS got ripped last year, so WW has a chance to pick up the neutrals who pass on Pirates, remember some people were saying they both have the same target demo?

Gitesh Pandya‏ @GiteshPandya
Top 5 Most Awaited Summer Films in @Fandango survey: #WonderWoman, #SpiderManHomecoming, #PiratesoftheCaribbean, #DarkTower, #Dunkirk.

The highest ratings Pirates is getting is 6/10 or 3/5, the rest are much lower, I remember Sausage Party and that McCarthy movie overperformed when BvS got ripped last year, so WW has a chance to pick up the neutrals who pass on Pirates, remember some people were saying they both have the same target demo?

Pirates would kill for ratings like that :woot:

If it manages 80M 4 day (doubtful based on audience feedback from OS countries where it already released yesterday), that would put the second weekend at 25M or so since Memorial Day weekend openers fall big on their second weekend.

$80m would be on par with X-Men did last year on Memorial Day. That would mean it would not hit $200m domestic

$80m would be on par with X-Men did last year on Memorial Day. That would mean it would not hit $200m domestic

That isnt exactly surprising. No one seemed to be clamoring for this movie to be made.

I'm starting to believe in a mini-breakout. Female skewing films and family films have a hard time being tracked.

The summer hasn't had a breakout yet.

http://pro.boxoffice.com/weekend-for...ales-baywatch/
Forecast for Pirates 5, cons.

"Buzz for next week’s Wonder Woman continues to heat up on an impressive level. Combined with underwhelming reviews, that could be an outside factor in depressing attendance for this franchise sequel on a holiday weekend when many families have alternate entertainment options."

Last edited:
http://pro.boxoffice.com/weekend-for...ales-baywatch/

"Buzz for next week’s Wonder Woman continues to heat up on an impressive level. Combined with underwhelming reviews, that could be an outside factor in depressing attendance for this franchise sequel on a holiday weekend when many families have alternate entertainment options."

You should give the whole context, it looks like it's WW who's having underwhelming reviews :funny:

I'm surprised deadline hasn't posted more numbers.

Yeah, Deadline didn't post an update last week strangely. Only Boxoffice did (the 93m projection).

I'm now thinking that Wonder Woman can crack the 100 million mark opening weekend

WW will be posited with a huge advantage if it manages to be the first well-received summer movie since GOTG2. Unless it gets amazing (90+%) reviews though I don't see it passing 100M on opening weekend.

WW will top $100 million OW. Only question is, by how much.

My tune has changed. A couple months ago, I had this at $90 million - $110 million. But there is just a feeling in the air right now and no way does it not reach $100 million opening weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"