Wonder Woman Box Office Speculation Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of comps in Mendelson's coverage today. Plus props for the ZZ Top reference.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...s-and-she-knows-how-to-use-them/#549097771962

That WW will hit a 3x multiplier after its fourth weekend is just bonkers.

It'll have a near 3.2 multiplier by then and has a real shot at being one of the leggiest modern movies ever, even leggier than The Force Awakens, depending on how things play out.

It's definitely the event movie of the summer that shatters every demographic. Outside of the Thursday night opening screening, all of my viewings have had really diverse audiences from children to seniors, men and women, etc. I can't remember the last time I've seen that, and I can't say I've ever been to an 8:30 Saturday night screening in the third weekend that is packed and also very diverse, but also had everyone laughing and cheering together - people of all ages and groups. Knew someone in his 70s yesterday that was talking to other people in the same age group about how they have to go out and see this film, that it's the most immersive film he's seen in years and great from beginning to end.

When you've got people like that telling people about the movie, who knows how long it can just keep going because kids and seniors can drive a lot of money in the summer months.

It'll be interesting to see how it holds next week. Another small drop and the sky really is the limit.

I understand that WB has used some of the film's proceeds to upgrade all their office water coolers.

tumblr_m5e349Cxlw1r16n9qo1_500.jpg
50% of all proceeds needs to be placed on Patty Jenkin's front door step.

Wonder Woman's 3rd weekend beat Man Of Steel's 2nd weekend! That's pretty awesome!!

These box office holds get more and more impressive.

At this point we just cant predict how it will do because it is defying all norms for cbm movies. It is just awesome to see.

In the two showings I saw besides the sneak preview there was a lot of people my dad's age there. (65-80 range) That plus the higher female ration is what sets this apart from other cbms in my opinion.

50% of all proceeds needs to be placed on Patty Jenkin's front door step.

Oh, I have no doubt that WB will basically back a Brinks truck up to her front door and start shoveling money at her untill she says yes.

WW is still number one on Movietickets with a 29.2% share; 2nd on Fandango.

I don't know how walk-up based Transformers is, but the current pre-sales seem weak: it's not even in the top 5 of Movietickets, and on Fandango it's only 4th.

TF5 isn't even being screened for reviewers. It must be particularly awful for a TF film, lol.

I thought somebody managed to put together a decent trailer for Transformers (at least the 2nd one, that is currently showing). I guess having an Anthony Hopkins voiceover helps. But the movie is probably the usually crap, tbh.

Last TF which was really bad, had a $100M weekend but only went on to make $245M. I think again, this will do much better overseas.

These box office holds get more and more impressive.

Yes, the 3rd weekend hold is already making the 2nd weekend hold look like small fry lol.

TF5 isn't even being screened for reviewers. It must be particularly awful for a TF film, lol.

In the Prisoner of Azkaban movie, when Professor Lupin found out that Harry saw Peter Pettigrew on the Marauder's Map, he said "That's not possible".

The footage used for those gifs really suggests to me there was a missed opportunity for a great post-credits sequence :cwink:

This will also make good money on bluray.

They are getting my money. Even though I have seen Wonder Woman three times already and am planning on going again tomorrow.
I'm tempted to go every Tuesday as long as Wonder Woman is still playing in the theater.

The exact number for this weekend is $41,268,850
Down only 29.5% from last weekend, and it only dropped 4.7% on Father's Day, so that definitely helped it on sunday

Domestic total is now $275,095,580

I'm calling it now that we get WW2 before Flash. I'm also convinced JL2 is going to be shelved indefinitely.

I still think JL2 got "shelved indefinitely" a few months after BvS came out. They only kept JL1 on schedule because it was too late.

I think there WILL be another Justice League sooner than later...just not the one they were going to make.

Really!? I heard there might be a day when movies don't give critics previews, lol, the age of ignoring the critics have arrived.

I am more interested in the screen counts, I think that's the only thing holding WW back, the drop might be larger next weekend due to Father's day bump, but with the demo been so different I hope theaters keep it at a reasonable number for the next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"