Wonder Woman Rotten Tomatoes Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I initially held the idea that it would have too much Snyder/WB DCEU baggage and be panned.

Now I think it'll get in the high seventies. Even though the early reviews has it at a whopping ninety seven, I remember the time Age of Ultron had mid nineties in early press. I think it will move down ten or 20 points when more reviewers gather, but am optimistic that this will be the best DC production since Rises-and looks to have better action than that film :)

I think Ultron was released early overseas and got high reviews, then the Us critics came in and pushed it down. WW has already opened up to US critics =)

I initially held the idea that it would have too much Snyder/WB DCEU baggage and be panned.

Now I think it'll get in the high seventies. Even though the early reviews has it at a whopping ninety seven, I remember the time Age of Ultron had mid nineties in early press. I think it will move down ten or 20 points when more reviewers gather, but am optimistic that this will be the best DC production since Rises-and looks to have better action than that film :)

It's not going into the 70s. It's playing more like Civil War and Logan did at this stage than AOU. It's getting too consistently high marks.

Ok I see. Thanks. I'm not going to watch that until after the movie is out. What if it does become a classic film. Is he still going to insist it's not top 10 material?

Hopefully, as other people's opinions on subjective matters shouldn't make us change our own. He did, after all, merely say that it's not in his personal top 10.

When is the final rating on RT posted? A month or so after the release?

When is the final rating on RT posted? A month or so after the release?

There's not really a "final" one as reviews can come in and change the percentage even years later. It's how The First Avenger got bumped up from 79% to 80%.

That said, most big releases stop fluctuating wildly after about 100-150 reviews, so I'd guess it will be another week until we get a better picture of this movie's finish. Then within 2-3 weeks, 95% of the reviews should be in.

So far the only bad reviews were early on and if you read those two they are almost a joke. All the subsequent reviews have been positive. I'm sure there will be some more negative ones as time goes by but based on how much praise
WW is getting so far I'd be shocked if all of a sudden there was a massive deluge of negative reviews. I can't really see the movie dropping 20 points.

It actually can change whenever a new review is added but the final score is usually settled a few weeks after the US release.. I believe Suicide Squad dropped a point earlier this year because someone came in late and added a negative review.

Ah, okay. I'm really hoping it gets a 'certified fresh' rating.

Ah, okay. I'm really hoping it gets a 'certified fresh' rating.

Something very unusual would have to happen for it not to get that rating at this point.

I'm not counting any un-hatched chickens and, in fact, I have no chickens of any sort to count, but things are looking good for certified fresh.

Yes, it's all but a done deal.

Not only are the current reviews (judging by the small fragments I've seen, as I don't want to read too much) sounding like it is a good movie that will please most of the critics, it also has the political aspect of female empowerment in the business to help it even further. I'm not saying it needs the latter, just that it is even more insurance against a significant drop.

The threshhold is 80 positive with 5 of them from top critics and a 75% average. So far there are 65 positive reviews with 15 from top critics and a 97% average. So WW has already met the top critic criteria
of 5 positive. I don't see any scenario where WW doesn't get 15 more positive reviews from the rest of the critics or drops below 75%

The threshhold is 80 positive with 5 of them from top critics and a 75% average. So far there are 65 positive reviews with 15 from top critics and a 97% average. So WW has already met the top critic criteria
of 5 positive. I don't see any scenario where WW doesn't get 15 more positive reviews from the rest of the critics or drops below 75%

I'm not sure where this "80 positive" idea is coming from. It's 80 total reviews, and at least 60 of those need to be positive (75%).

I'm not sure where this "80 positive" idea is coming from. It's 80 total reviews, and at least 60 of those need to be positive (75%).

Then with Wonder Woman already having 67 reviews, with 65 positive, WW just needs 13 more. And even if all 13 are negative WW still is considered Certified Fresh at that point in time.

Yeah it's already 100% guaranteed to be certified fresh. They're just waiting for enough reviews to be posted before they put it up. As soon as you get to 60 positive reviews before 80 total reviews you've already done it.

I am also looking forward to Captain Marvel being a big success and feel very confident Brie Larson will bring charm and a LOT of talent to the role. They've been working on the script for quite some time and I doubt Marvel will drop the ball on this one. How it does at the BO is a different story. I don't think it will be able to reach WW numbers, but feel it will do well.

WW will definitely aid Captain Marvel's prospects at the box office. If the directors and Larson pull off something close to what Patty and Gal did with WW, I think it will a huge hit come March 2019. Maybe similar numbers too.

Don't count out Captain Marvel just yet. They put Dr. Strange and the Guardians Of The Galaxy healthily past half a billion on their debut, which is Wonder Woman's ballpark right about now.

More than anything, Marvel can no longer release a "pretty good" movie and expect to get lauded for having the first big female superhero film. They have to put their A-game in.

WW will definitely aid Captain Marvel's prospects at the box office. If the directors and Larson pull off something close to what Patty and Gal did with WW, I think it will a huge hit come March 2019. Maybe similar numbers too.

They wont. WW is getting the bump for being 1st out of the gate. Captain Marvel wont have that advantage.

They wont. WW is getting the bump for being 1st out of the gate. Captain Marvel wont have that advantage.

In that gate, the same thing can be said about Justice League's box office prospect since The Avengers was the first out of the gate.

Does that apply to Justice League as well for not being first out of the gate?

I think it's moot on both counts.

It makes for more comparisons, but if either are good they'll be successful.

Marvel has shown it can take unknown heroes and make very successful movies from them.

Justice League has much more iconic and well-known characters than Avengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"