Wonder Woman sequel: Modern day or set in the past?

Discussion in 'Wonder Woman Sequels' started by Dark Raven, Jun 4, 2017.

?

Wonder Woman sequel: Modern day or past setting?

1. Modern Day Setting

2. Past Setting

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Wonder Woman Sequels Should be Justice League Prequels

http://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-sequel-justice-league-prequel/

What do you think? Should the sequel be set in modern day allowing other DC heroes to feature, or should it still remain in the past, allowing her to explore 20th century history? They could still potentially have other golden age DC heroes cameo though.

2. TheComicbookKid Swing n Miss

I think they need to do at least one more set in America as women get the right to vote.

3. Loki882 Registered

Modern-day (although flashbacks to the past would also be fine).

4. CaptainCanada Shield of the True North

I would say the modern day.

Doing more flashback movies just imposes tons of limitations on what you can have Diana do, since nobody in the DCEU is meant to have heard of her until she shows up in Metropolis.

5. Webfoot Hero West Coaster

They do need to answer the questions about where she went after WWI and why she went into an exile for nearly a century, which she stated at Clark's Kansas funeral in BvS. Those would likely answer the lingering questions from BvS of how she found out about the WWI photo and why she needed to obtain it. This article has some other basic questions that could and will need addressing in either the WW sequel or possibly JL.

http://www.gamesradar.com/wonder-woman-ending/

6. Loki882 Registered

Patty has said that she might potentially want to explore the 100-year gap between WWI and BVS, so there's that to.

7. Webfoot Hero West Coaster

Unless they do so in JL, they are going to need to in WW2 since a lot of people are now really interested in her backstory leading up to BvS.

8. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

If she went back to Themyscira, she wouldn't know about WWII or any of the other wars, so it's not like she would be standing by idly while these are going on.

After all

in WW, she didn't even know that WWI was going on until Steve Trevor crash landed on Themsycira and told her. So she obviously was absent for other wars before - eg the Crimean War, the American Civil War, the War of Independence etc because she didn't even know about these.

9. Tg11 Registered

It makes sense that it be in modern day considering the events the aftermath of the events of BVS and what happens in Justice League

10. Jordanstine Registered

Not sure how they will do it with the modern day, more like BvS?

I compared Wonder Woman to Captain America.

Cap did a good job of going from the 40's to the modern age in the sequel, so will WW's sequel be like Winter Soldier-esque?

11. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I would like a modern day setting but....I REALLY liked her supporting cast and would like to see them again.

12. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

'Wonder Woman 2': Where the Franchise Should Go Next

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/wonder-woman-2-5-plot-ideas-sequel-1009985

13. Hypestyle Registered

Might as well make it contemporary. If it was in the past, then how do they address the "no more Steve" situation? Do they invent another guy to pal around with?

They can have hints of what she's been doing these past 90 years. At some point she had to establish her current "public identity" somewhere.

14. Silvermoth Krakoan native

It's interesting that they're setting the next one in America. I would love it if they did a new continent each film. Africa for Wonder Woman 3, Asia for Wonder Woman 4 etc

15. Grommers King Grommers

That would be kind of cool, and fit inline with WW imo whose just down to explore the world, and adventure.

Would love to see how she interacted with all the different cultures.

16. TheComicbookKid Swing n Miss

I don't think they need to set the whole movies in other countries, Nolans Batman went all over with set pieces and so did Avengers 2.

17. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

If it's an adventure film like Indiana Jones, I hope to see some globe trotting, not just stuck in one country like the US.

18. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

You can make any country interesting though. There are a lot of diverse areas she can fight and do battle in. I'd like to see her go from like the southwest desert area to maybe Chicago aka Gotham/Metropolis, to a dense forest area. It could be Minerva locating the Cheetah artifact and bringing it back to the states for whatever reason, then it slowly starts turning her. They're probably gonna be all over the planet in JL anyway.

19. scifiwolf Registered

The sequel is hot news right now. Not just on SHH!, but all over the internet, every little tidbit seems to be blowing up my news feeds.

20. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Well I don't really want her going on a tour of the US. First of all, we've all probably done that. And then it would feel like National Treasure going from Washington to Boston to Philadelphia to New York.

When are they going to announce it? I hope it's announced far quicker than any previous DCEU movie.

21. scifiwolf Registered

Yeah, I want a US-based, globe trotting adventure. Not all domestic. Either 30's Indy style, or 60's spy thriller.

I hope they announce something soon, but a part of me wants them to wait until Patty and Geoff can nail down the concept and get a treatment together. Keep the horse in front of the cart.

22. TheComicbookKid Swing n Miss

As long as it doesn't turn into blow up a monument, cool with international antique dealings.

23. jamesb Registered

I think it would be better to have her carrying on in the past. Setting it in modern times I think is more limiting. There would be no limits to what stories they could tell using the past history. I would like them to do separate stories from the Justice League. I think the Marvel Universe are crossing over too much with there films. Spider-Man done well, doesn't need Tony Stark baby sitting him.

24. TheComicbookKid Swing n Miss

Agreed.

25. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Agree. I think it would be nice if the WW movies have separate adventures that don't keep involving other JL members. WW is so compelling to watch on her own. I didn't miss any of the JL at all in her film and didn't even yearn for another superhero to pop up at all, which is what we're so used to seeing in the MCU.

Not only is she more than capable of sustaining her own movie without anyone's help (eg Batman or Superman like Marvel might put Iron Man in a movie), but in fact WW might be the one that WB/DC might even want to have cameo in other movies to give it a boost.