Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Alright"? I thought she was beyond awful, but to each their own.

Well I thought the character had little to nothing to her, so while I guess she could have been seen as awful, there wasn't anything to really build on.

Dear God somebody gets it! Thank the heavens!

So a woman superhero running around in her underwear is believable? It's almost disrespectful in my opinion. How would we react if you took away Batman's tights, and had him running around in his underwear, bare legged? What if we did that to Flash? Superman? Green Lantern? It's ****ing ridiculous.

Which is why the moviemakers need to have a strong vision of what the movie will be about. Collins' costumes were set on Mars, surrounded by other Martians.

It's amazing how everybody is willing to have more latitude towards Superman and Batman's costumes because of their backgrounds and their masculine fame. Heroines like Lara Croft succeeded mostly on sex appeal (and possibly gender transfer).

Well I thought the character had little to nothing to her, so while I guess she could have been seen as awful, there wasn't anything to really build on.
There were still lines to deliver, though. Which she did. Horribly. :oldrazz:

There were still lines to deliver, though. Which she did. Horribly. :oldrazz:
True. But I didn't go to the movie for her. I didn't even know she was in the movie until it started in the theater. I went to see it for other lustful reasons. :oldrazz:

Regan, Carano, Wersching, and Blunt would all be great as WW.

There is no one I feel very strongly about as Wonder Woman. When someone asks I usually say Charlize Theron. I think she would be great, but it is not one of those fan casting choices where you start to think that no one else is capable of taking over.

True. But I didn't go to the movie for her. I didn't even know she was in the movie until it started in the theater. I went to see it for other lustful reasons. :oldrazz:
You and every single other person who went to it (myself included), lol.

phoebe-tonkin.jpg

Phoebe Tonkin
Has anybody mentioned Phoebe Tonkin? For some strange reason she has slipped under the radar.

She seems great on paper. At 5'10", she's literally head and shoulders above the competition!

However, I've never actually seen her in anything.

Is she a good actress?

She's getting her own spinoff from the Vampire Diaries.

And yeah, she's pretty good.

Well she looks the part, and 5'10" is a good height. Nearly as tall as Adrienne Palicki, who at 5'11" looked great standing above everyone else. Give Phoebe heeled boots and she'll be over 6ft.

Don't know what she's like when acting though.

EDIT: Had a look at her online on youtube, especially on Craig Ferguson. She seems a little slouchy and hunches her shoulders both when she walks and sits. I think she has to work on her posture. Also her neck looks rather long and her shoulders a bit low. I think she definitely needs to change her body shape to look more statuesque and have slightly squarer shoulders otherwise it all just slopes down and doesn't look right for Wonder Woman.

Last edited:
I hear the opposite Rodrigo... Ive never seen enough of her to make a judgment though so I personally wouldn't mind her being considered for WW at least.

She has the potential I think. There's definitely an untapped spark there.

I've brought her up before. some weren't to keen on her saying she might be more appropriate for the tv show.

Lobo suggested Amber Heard on the other thread. I think she might be pretty good!

amber_heard_paranoia.png

I like Amber Heard, I know she was a lot of people's favorite for Supergirl. She would make a decent Wonder Woman.

I like Amber Heard, I know she was a lot of people's favorite for Supergirl. She would make a decent Wonder Woman.

Amber would make a great Supergirl. The only problem is that she's probably aged out of the running now. If she were a few years younger (or production had already begun) then she might work. I do prefer her as a blonde though. She could still make a great Sue Storm. She needs a comic role.

We all know Marvel's going to nab Heard at some point.

ЯɘvlveR;25001623 said:
I've brought her up before. some weren't to keen on her saying she might be more appropriate for the tv show.

I think she does seem more like a TV show Diana having watched a few videos of her on YouTube now. She has a CW-ish feel about her.

If she has a big part in that new spin-off, I doubt CW will look at her. But if not, she would work for the show.

Isn't she on the CW now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"