Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone has a slightly different opinion. My thought is that anyone and aything, even the gods, who doesn't add something specific to Diana's personal journey drags the movie down. So in my view the only gods that even bear mentioning are Ares (villain) Aphrodite (only if she's the Patron of the Amazons) and Zeus (especially if they go the demigoddess route). Everyone else is impersonal to Diana, so they should be ignored, imho.

This is true of most movies. Anyone who is just there to be there is going to drag the movie. The individual gods are only worth mentioning if they serve a purpose

ЯɘvlveR;26080349 said:
so, I'm looking at the wikipedia entry of themyscira and in events links, there's a mention of an amazon tribal war over ownership of themyscira, penned by william messner-loebs. does anyone the title of the arc? i'd like to read it. I think it'd be a good premise for a WW film.

It's "The Contest" collecting WW #90-93 & #0 Vol. 2. -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Contest_(DC_Comics)

I do not think anyone has mentioned Katheryn Winnick.

She plays a warrior in the Viking series:

winnick1.jpg

Wonder Woman has a sweet face, but I think physically it could play a Wonder Woman both tough and feminine. Imagine there with brown hair.

936full-katheryn-winnick.jpg

Katheryn-Winnick-Photoshoot-with-Don-Flood-for-Men-s-Health-Magazine-katheryn-winnick-22308255-655-876.jpg

katheryn-winnick-21.jpg

Katheryn-Winnick-Photoshoot-with-Don-Flood-for-Men-s-Health-Magazine-katheryn-winnick-22308258-655-876.jpg

portrait.jpg

I mentioned Winnick once. No one agreed with me IIRC. I love the idea though. She has a black belt and is a licensed bodyguard, so he definitely kicks ass

She looks more like Black Canary but she's not a terrible suggestion (like most I've seen as of late).

She plays a warrior in the Viking series:

winnick1.jpg

Wonder Woman has a sweet face, but I think physically it could play a Wonder Woman both tough and feminine. Imagine there with brown hair.

Katheryn-Winnick-Photoshoot-with-Don-Flood-for-Men-s-Health-Magazine-katheryn-winnick-22308255-655-876.jpg

katheryn-winnick-21.jpg

Katheryn-Winnick-Photoshoot-with-Don-Flood-for-Men-s-Health-Magazine-katheryn-winnick-22308258-655-876.jpg

portrait.jpg

I like it, she's not very tall though.

I don't get Wonder Woman from her. However, I LOVE her. She should play Black Canary or someone like that.

On a side note, she was in a Hellraiser movie with Henry Cavill.:yay:

Stop letting blonde hair blind you to WW possibilities. :o

I like the the second viewable pic with her laying down. I think that looks the most like WW.

I think people really need to get off this WW needs to be tall trip. If the cinematic universe has proven anything it's that the filmmakers will do whatever they feel is best for the film and that means casting the best actor for the job even if they don't fit the character to the 't'.

Cavill is not 6'3+, but made a good Supes. Bale is not 6'3+ but made a good Batman. I'm fine with WW being anywhere in the 5'5-6'0 range. They could always chalk it up to the myth being an exaggeration to the real thing.

Plus since Supes/Cavill is on the 6'0/6'1 side and the next Batman actor may be within this range as well getting an actress that is muscular and has a strong presence, but is shorter than the main characters/heroes probably won't be such a big deal. Just think how tall a 5'8/9 actress in combat boots/heels will look standing next to Cavill etc.

Winnick would be a great WW, but, to me, she just fits Black Canary perfectly.

Havent seen her act but she's absolutely stunning and would certainly look the part. Have also seen all those Taekwondo pics of her, which would lend itself to some decent WW action as she wont be a fish out of water when it comes to the action stuff.

I've been thinking that the Pandora's Box angle would do well for the movie plot. They could use the idea that Themyscira imprisons all the Box's evils and more from beyond. This idea came back to me because I read an article of this woman who became the head of a correctional facility, and she's a dead ringer for Diana Prince. Maybe they should frame her character like that - a correctional officer or a warden of the supernatural. The lasso could be given the power to exorcise the possessed.

I've been thinking that the Pandora's Box angle would do well for the movie plot. They could use the idea that Themyscira imprisons all the Box's evils and more from beyond. This idea came back to me because I read an article of this woman who became the head of a correctional facility, and she's a dead ringer for Diana Prince. Maybe they should frame her character like that - a correctional officer or a warden of the supernatural. The lasso could be given the power to exorcise the possessed.

read my idea from a few pages back

How I would do it:

I mentioned this before but I would have the Amazons act as the protectors of some mystical device...like Pandora's Box. There would be a prologue like in Thor that explains away the mythology. Then the villain of the piece steals the device and causes disruptions in the magical whatsitmacallit and cyclops, minotaurs and mythical creatures begin popping up around the world....a champion is sent to the modern world to recover the device...it is Diana.......
....this way any exposition on mythology is actually part of the plot and gives WW a distinct difference than Superman and Batman as you dont call them in for magical, mythical threats.

Last edited:
read my idea from a few pages back

How I would do it:

I mentioned this before but I would have the Amazons act as the protectors of some mystical device...like Pandora's Box. There would be a prologue like in Thor that explains away the mythology. Then the villain of the piece steals the device and causes disruptions in the magical whatsitmacallit and cyclops, minotaurs and mythical creatures begin popping up around the world....a champion is sent to the modern world to recover the device...it is Diana.......
....this way any exposition on mythology is actually part of the plot and gives WW a distinct difference than Superman and Batman as you dont call them in for magical, mythical threats.

No thanks. I'm just diverging from an idea that was first introduced back in the Post-Crisis era. But giving her the attitude of a warden or correctional officer would be a fresh angle.

I like the the second viewable pic with her laying down. I think that looks the most like WW.

I think people really need to get off this WW needs to be tall trip. If the cinematic universe has proven anything it's that the filmmakers will do whatever they feel is best for the film and that means casting the best actor for the job even if they don't fit the character to the 't'.

Cavill is not 6'3+, but made a good Supes. Bale is not 6'3+ but made a good Batman. I'm fine with WW being anywhere in the 5'5-6'0 range. They could always chalk it up to the myth being an exaggeration to the real thing.

Plus since Supes/Cavill is on the 6'0/6'1 side and the next Batman actor may be within this range as well getting an actress that is muscular and has a strong presence, but is shorter than the main characters/heroes probably won't be such a big deal. Just think how tall a 5'8/9 actress in combat boots/heels will look standing next to Cavill etc.

For the record Cavill is 6'1 and Bale is about 6'0 that's only about a 3 inch height difference 6'0 is pretty tall, I dont think there's anything wrong with the actress who plays her being at least taller than 5'6, which isnt even close. Im not saying she just has to be tall but I'd rather her not be short. 5'6 is ok though.

I think Gemma Arterton is perfect for the role. Wouldn't be mad at Carano or Cole either. Beckinsale could work.

Last edited:
I think that 22 year old English girl, Samantha Barks (Éponine in Les Misérables) would be a fantastic Diana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"