Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking lately on who would be the perfect writer, somebody who understands conventions of superheroes, sci-fi and fantasy, strong female characters, and could turn over a marketable script quickly with very little need for executive meddling, and wound up with one name: Jane Espenson.

Just look at that rap sheet: Buffy, Once Upon a Time, Battlestar Galactica, Warehouse 13, hell, even an episode of Game of Thrones. It certainly doesn't hurt that she hails from the Joss Whedon inner circle. I'd argue that she's even more qualified for this gig than Whedon ever was.

Espenson is a good pick, a lot of TV credits, but they're very solid ones, it'd be good to see.

As I think about roach's Pandora's Box idea, it is growing on me steadily. It simplifies so much. Ares gets Pandora's box, starts a war. Straight magic from start to finish. Not my favorite, but it would be a lot of fun.

Count me in for Jane Espenson behind the key board. Anybody for The Director of HURT LOCKER to round it out?

Espenson is a good pick, a lot of TV credits, but they're very solid ones, it'd be good to see.

As I think about roach's Pandora's Box idea, it is growing on me steadily. It simplifies so much. Ares gets Pandora's box, starts a war. Straight magic from start to finish. Not my favorite, but it would be a lot of fun.

Thanks...as a screenwriter I liked the idea so much but I modified it from mythic to a sci if setting for an original script i am working on....maybe they'll let me write WW

Who ever ends up being the creative team, I am just happy to see people respecting the character's history some and not trying to shoe horn a "it must be tied to the Kryptonian invasion in MOS" path for future films that was sort of the rage on these boards for a while. She has her roots in the mythic and the magical. Deal with it.

Who ever ends up being the creative team, I am just happy to see people respecting the character's history some and not trying to shoe horn a "it must be tied to the Kryptonian invasion in MOS" path for future films that was sort of the rage on these boards for a while. She has her roots in the mythic and the magical. Deal with it.

Exactly

Get Patty Jenkins to direct.

Gemma Arterton would be awesome after seeing her in Prince of Persia and Clash of the Titans.

As iffy as Man of Steel might have been, it made me desperately want a Wonder Woman movie.

When was this the rage?

Anyway, it's not out of the question that Superman's arrival might influence Ares to believe that Earth is ready for a 'higher form of War' or something like that.

I think that 22 year old English girl, Samantha Barks (Éponine in Les Misérables) would be a fantastic Diana.
I can actually see that, she has the look, height, and even stood out to me in Les Misérables. I can either see her or Elizabeth Debicki (Jordan from the Great Gatsby) as Diana.

She was the best part in the overrated Les Miserables. She is a lovely girl but i can't say she screams greek badass superheroine. Gemma Arterton is perfect IMO.

How about Angie Harmon as Hippolyta?

yeesh. no need to recruit tv has beens for this. they'll get a legit respected film actress for this, not a c-lister with a 4 pack a day voice. bizarre suggestion.

that goes double for diana herself. they have no need to recruit from meh syndicated fantasy shows or hotties of the week. They need an A lister for this or a highly respected up and comer. The Bridget Regan's of the world dont even come close.

Jebus every time i come in here the suggestion get worse and worse. Angie harmon? Really? Think harder people.

Last edited:
Anyone hear of Jena Sims, relative newcomer. She has a movie on Netflix called Attack of the 50 ft cheerleadeer. Could make a decent WW

Count me in for Jane Espenson behind the key board. Anybody for The Director of HURT LOCKER to round it out?
Weirdly, a lot of Kathryn Bigelow's films are major chest-thumping guy movies. Point Break, Hurt Locker, K-19, a lotta sausage fests. Putting a strong female at the center of her latest is the exception for her.
But besides that, her most fantastical movies are Strange Days and Near Dark. I sense a lot of essential elements of WW that Bigelow seems to avoid.

Get Patty Jenkins to direct.
I like it. Her filmography is not that different from Nolan's pre-Begins with more TV, plus she was Marvel's second choice for Thor 2. :word:

The lady who plays Faora in Man oof Steel would have been a fanatsic WW.She especially has the eyes

gemma is my WW :yay:
13628-english-actress-gemma-arterton-was-500x0-1.jpg

Gemma-Arterton-leather-dress-screening-of-her-new-movie-Byzantium-in-London-5.jpg

Kathryn Bigelow is the way to go. Give her some political and military plot lines that mirror modern events and she's good to go. :awesome:

Gemma Arterton. Such a good choice, back when Prince of Persia came out I wanted her for Wonder Woman, then I stopped liking the idea, and now I'm cool with it again, after seeing her in Clash of the Titans. I really think she could pull it off.
Zoqy284.jpg

ZCM5Oya.jpg

wUZrD2U.jpg

Emily Blunt is my other favorite.

Emily Blunt is a MUCH better and more accomplished actress. No comparison.

But at least Arterton is a legit suggestion. Points for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"