Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
14kfp6f.jpg

:oldrazz:

zGsMTd3.png

(with some altered colors)

I dig it. I'll probably make a better manip eventually using that shortfilm still (I just used a previous manip of Debicki as WW I did and pasted on top of that still to see what it'd look like). Hopefully the shortfilm comes out soon... might be able to screencap it for even better manips :D

You should add some or something to the top of the costume. That way it can stay up without appearing to defy gravity, and during the action scenes.

Love the logo from this upcoming fan film as well...can't wait to see it!!!
vzft.jpg

I think that when the film is made i think Wonder Woman's shouldn't fly, her strength should be around Superman's level but i'm not a big fans of the character flying, makes her even more similar to superman.

I'm not sure how they should incorporate the invisible plane, it should obviously conceal everything in the interior and not be invisible all the time, just when they want it too, but i'm wondering what reason they would give for her to get it.

doesn't she use it to take Trevor back to the US?

Yeah, that's why i'm wondering how she will get it without it feeling odd that such an Island has an invisible plane

I think that when the film is made i think Wonder Woman's shouldn't fly, her strength should be around Superman's level but i'm not a big fans of the character flying, makes her even more similar to superman.

I'm not sure how they should incorporate the invisible plane, it should obviously conceal everything in the interior and not be invisible all the time, just when they want it too, but i'm wondering what reason they would give for her to get it.

Agreed. At most, I think Wonder Woman should be able to leap around like Faora in Man of Steel, but that's it. As for the invisible jet, I'd rather they not explicitly include it, but instead give it a nod in the film... like maybe Trevor's crashed jet is a classified piece of military hardware, i.e., it's a fighter jet that has the ability to refract light or something.

The Amazons could have weird Amazon technology, like the Asgardians in Thor who have ships and stuff.

It doesn't have to be a plane like the ones we have today.

If the island is invisible, perhaps the Amazons learn to harness that same power and use it in their technology.

An invisible island were believable in 'Lost'.

No, I want her to fly. Superman Is hardly the only superhero who can fly and I an not a fan of depowering characters simply to make them "different."

I'm not against the flying but I don't think she should be able to fly until maybe the second act of the film when she faces Ares, maybe borrow from the New 52 that one of the feathers of Hermes is used to give Diana flight when she is in a struggle with an enemy,

The plane I think should be included but belong to the US military and its being tested by Steve Trevor as an exercise,

No, I want her to fly. Superman Is hardly the only superhero who can fly and I an not a fan of depowering characters simply to make them "different."

Exactly. Besides, Wonder Woman doesn't have to hover all the time like Superman. Superman's supersonic flight in Man of Steel is quite distinct. He blasts off. Wonder Woman's flight could have it's own style to set it apart.

That gave me an idea, why don't the Amazons harness that technology into Trevor's crashed plane? Would mean they are advanced in their oun way but still don't have the exact same technology as earth.

Moving on to a different subject what about the villain? In my opinion they should go with Ares, but i'm not sure about which iteration they should go for, the classic shadowy villain or the more calm version introduced in the New 52

While i enjoyed the Wonder Woman animated film i'm not a big fan of the idea of Ares being an usual angry and cruel type of villain, think he should be a little more sinister and not one sided evil.

The Amazons could have weird Amazon technology, like the Asgardians in Thor who have ships and stuff.

It doesn't have to be a plane like the ones we have today.

If the island is invisible, perhaps the Amazons learn to harness that same power and use it in their technology.

An invisible island were believable in 'Lost'.

No to Amazon technology. It doesn't fit and it clashes. Wonder Woman shouldn't be about sci-fi. There are plenty of characters and movies already doing that.

I'm not a big fan of her flying because i never thought it added anything to her character, it just felt like they were stealing even more from Superman. When i think about Wonder Woman or an amazon fighting i never think about flight, for me it just feels a little out of place.

Instead i think it's more interesting to see her use the lasso and the tiara in battle.

It depends what actor they cast for Ares, I think like Hippolyta, it would be played someone who is well known. Daniel Craig would be good but probably too expensive or perhaps go less traditional and go for actors like David Morrissey or Richard Armitage.

I'm not a big fan of her flying because i never thought it added anything to her character, it just felt like they were stealing even more from Superman. When i think about Wonder Woman or an amazon fighting i never think about flight, for me it just feels a little out of place.

Instead i think it's more interesting to see her use the lasso and the tiara in battle.

It adds not needing to rely on a silly jet to get around. Isn't that stealing from Batman now? Flight doesn't seem out of place when we're talking about super powers given by gods.

Wonder Woman can choose to use her flight sparingly. That says something about her personality.

I just think that Wonder Woman works better without flight, i think that as amazon it more interesting to show her athleticism in battle than flying, i have never really liked that aspect of the character, and there's a reason why some writers don't even use it at all.

How does her flying take away her athleticism in battle exactly? You can have both. Making her weaker in order to be "unique" is dumb. Besides, the jet is kind stupid and out of place to.

Oh and I want Circe to be the villain in the first film, with Ares as a shadowy background figure for now.

I think Circe should be left for the sequel, and probably be behind Cheetah's origin

I just think flying takes away something from her, i imagine her fighting and doing some stunts and think why she didn't fly instead of jumping in certain places, to me it just makes her seem more like a Superman rip-off, not to mention it was an ability they took from superman, it's not even one that was central during the characters creation.

It doesn't even have that much of a ground in greek mythology, aside from the gods those that could fly had wings to hold them, her ability to fly was was also only added the post-crisis reboot as an excuse to get rid of the invisible plane, it has never been a central theme to the character, unlike with Superman. In the 60s she did coast on air torrets, but that was it, i think her flying is closer to modern Comics heroes than the greek mythology she comes from, why would she have a plane if she can fly?

It also leaves me thinking why she didn't explore the rest of the world if she can fly, Diana is adventurous and an explorer, it was said she knew the Island like the palm of her hand, if she could fly she would have rushed to see the rest of the world.

Last edited:
Linking Circe to Cheetah's origins would be great considering that Circe in mythology turned men into pigs, its not too hard to imagining transforming a woman into a hybrid cheetah/human.

The reason why Diana never left the Island was due to Hippolyta not letting her leave plus she didn't gain the ability to fly until she went to Man's World.

Hyppolyta didn't allow her to get into that tournament either, yet she did, and why would she only get her full powers later? As i said it's not a central element and many don't even know she has the ability to fly, most of her greatest fight don't even have her flying at all.

I think Circe should be left for the sequel, and probably be behind Cheetah's origin

I just think flying takes away something from her, i imagine her fighting and doing some stunts and think why she didn't fly instead of jumping in certain places, to me it just makes her seem more like a Superman rip-off, not to mention it was an ability they took from superman, it's not even one that was central during the characters creation.

It doesn't even have that much of a ground in greek mythology, aside from the gods those that could fly had wings to hold them, her ability to fly was was also only added the post-crisis reboot as an excuse to get rid of the invisible plane, it has never been a central theme to the character, unlike with Superman. In the 60s she did coast on air torrets, but that was it, i think her flying is closer to modern Comics heroes than the greek mythology she comes from, why would she have a plane if she can fly?

It also leaves me thinking why she didn't explore the rest of the world if she can fly, Diana is adventurous and an explorer, it was said she knew the Island like the palm of her hand, if she could fly she would have rushed to see the rest of the world.
I'm sorry, but saying that she's a Superman ripoff just because she can fly is absolutely ridiculous, Superman IS NOT the only superhero who can fly, are the rest rip off as well? Sorry, but how does being able to fly take away from her character, you should really explain that one to me. The exploring angle doesn't make sense either, she wouldn't fly ALL THE TIME, so she can still do exploring.

Seems to me like you didn't read everything i said, it being a rip-off of Superman was the least of my problems with it. When i picture Superman fighting i allways think of him flying, when i think about Wonder Woman flying i don't think of flight at all, i think of athletic combat with the use of weapons like her lass and tiara.

It doesn't really fit with the greek myths either, and how does the exploring angle not make sence? Yeah she doesn't fly all the time, but just the fact she flies would allow her to reach other places with land which she would explore, leaving the Island.

To me Wonder Woman flying never really clicked, she has other great abilities and objects, as i said it was just an excuse to get rid of the invisible plane back in the day when they still though an invisible plane had to be invisible all the time.

I don't think WW flying gives her anything particularly new or engaging, it actually enters in conflict with the way of fighting of an amazon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"