Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superman didn't have it either in his inception.

And after he gained flight it has become one of his trademark powers, with Wonder Woman many didn't even know she could fly before watching the JL cartoon, people usually know her for her strength, agility, and objects like her magic lasso and the tiara.

I would like Diana (WW) to be able to fly only when wearing a special armor, gifted by Hermes.
I'm actually open to something like that, but keeping in line with most mythos i think she should fly with something that has wings.

Flying has nothing to do with fighting style. She can still use her badass Amazonian combat training, and the Superman comparison aren't even worth addressing, they're nothing alike. Sorry, but that argument is laughably absurd to me.

Flying has nothing to do with fighting style. She can still use her badass Amazonian combat training, and the Superman comparison aren't even worth addressing, they're nothing alike. Sorry, but that argument is laughably absurd to me.
Just like Wonder Woman flying :yay:

You realize her inception was to be a "female Superman" right?:oldrazz:

Mrs. Affleck for Hippolyta? ;)
jennifer-garner-warner-bros-instyle-golden-globes-party-1467401253.jpg

Garner will probably end up as Catwoman if Affleck takes over the Bat films lol

Theron, to me, has the potential to be Catwoman as well. If not, then I'd settle for her as Hippolyta.

Cate Blanchett would work too.

I also think Angelina Jolie has a place here too :hmm

Not really, she has been flying on and off since the Post-Crisis reboot and she no longer flies in the new 52 reboot. Before that she only glided through air currents from time to time.

Last edited:
Not really, she has been flying on and off since the Post-Crisis reboot and she no longer flies in the new 52 reboot. Before that she only glided through air currents from time to time.

Yes really. Get your facts straight. She flies in New 52.

Last edited:
She hardly does in her book though It feels like it depends from writer to writer.

That's besides the point. She still has the ability to fly and she was shown flying. She chooses not to always use it just like I choose not to run all the time. Why do people always reduce things to black and white?

^Okay true. But she uses it way less frequently than she did in the past pre-52 era.
Not literally but in terms of status.
No in terms of powers too. This was confirmed by the creator. He wanted a physical opposite to Supes. Which is why they also have the same colour pallet for there costumes basically.

^Okay true. But she uses it way less frequently than she did in the past pre-52 era.

And I said that it's her choice to use flight less. Is that too hard to understand? You don't have to remove her power to have the character use it less.

No in terms of powers too. This was confirmed by the creator. He wanted a physical opposite to Supes. Which is why they also have the same colour pallet for there costumes basically.

He wanted a female equal to Superman's level. And no, her costume doesn't have to do with Superman. She has the same color palette as the American flag hence the white stars and eagle.

And I said that it's her choice to use flight less. Is that too hard to understand? You don't have to remove her power to have the character use it less.
Your missing the point. Perhaps the writers are trying to differentiate her from Superman too.
He wanted a female equal to Superman's level. And no, her costume doesn't have to do with Superman. She has the same color palette as the American flag hence the white stars and eagle.
Superman's costume is based on the American flag too... so I don't see your point.

Your missing the point. Perhaps the writers are trying to differentiate her from Superman too.
Superman's costume is based on the American flag too... so I don't see your point.

Superman started off with no flight which they went back to in New 52 Action Comics, so it has nothing to do with differentiating from Superman.

Superman's costume wasn't based on the American flag. Are you somehow confusing him for Captain America? Use facts not baseless claims.

Last edited:
Superman started off with no flight which they went back to in New 52 Action Comics, so it has nothing to do with differentiating from Superman.

Superman's costume wasn't based on the American flag. Are you somehow confusing him for Captain America? Use facts not baseless claims.
Your first point makes no sense because WW didn't start off with flight either so...

It was confirmed by the documentary about superheros on the history channel. So they're not "baseless claims" watch it and find out sheesh. :whatever:

WW should be able to fly when wearing enchanted armor gifted by Gods (Hermes) That will make her flying scene special.

I always thought that Catherine Zeta Jones should play Hippolyta .

WW should be able to fly when wearing enchanted armor gifted by Gods (Hermes) That will make her flying scene special.

I always thought that Catherine Zeta Jones should play Hippolyta .

I can take or leave Diana having flight. I like it in animation, and the books, but at the same time in live action... I like your take Begins. Let it be a function of something the gods gift to her but not an inborn power as it were.

Your first point makes no sense because WW didn't start off with flight either so...

It was confirmed by the documentary about superheros on the history channel. So they're not "baseless claims" watch it and find out sheesh. :whatever:

It make sense if you think about it, and I don't care to explain it.

What documentary, who said it, and what is the exact quote? Use facts for once. I highly doubt Shuster said it and he's the guy who matters.

I will always want Lucy Lawless or Linda Carter as Hippolyta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"