Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think Lynda Carter should be there in some way, because unlike Batman and Superman, she is really a huge symbol for the character. She's been the only real live action incarnation and MANY people associate the character with her. Batman and Superman have had many different actors/incarnations, but WW has any really had one major incarnation(Not counting any animated version, but even then, Lynda as WW is much bigger than that)

Jaimie Alexander. I don't care that she's already in Thor, and neither should you.

Jaimie-Alexander-in-Intersection-2013-Movie-Image-600x413.jpg

tumblr_ms7l9keeLF1r0ecrho1_500.png

Just gonna pop this interview with her here:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/26/jaimie-alexander-talks-thor-the-dark-world-and-wonder-woman

Jennifer Lawrence, I don't care if she's already in X-Men or Hunger Games, and neither should you, because you use this excuse that she's Marvel's property. That didn't stop you from harping on about Michael Fassbender for Batman! :o Who knows. By the time they start casting WW, she'll be done with Marvel? Hunger Games might be finished for her.

silver-linings-playbook-jennifer-lawrence-399x600.jpg

JenniferLawrence_0.jpg

jennifer-lawrence-6.jpg

I really think Lynda Carter should be there in some way, because unlike Batman and Superman, she is really a huge symbol for the character. She's been the only real live action incarnation and MANY people associate the character with her. Batman and Superman have had many different actors/incarnations, but WW has any really had one major incarnation(Not counting any animated version, but even then, Lynda as WW is much bigger than that)
Yeah like Lou Farrigno and Hulk.

I think Lynda Carter should have a cameo rather than a full role similar to Lou Farringo in the Hulk films and Stan Lee. I always imagined a scene where a passer by gets into trouble and Wonder Woman saves her and they have a brief exchange.

Bridget Regan's character in LOTS is actually similar to WW in many respects. If you haven't already seen her in action, I definitely recommend watching a couple of clips from the show online.

And, obviously, her look is spot-on; it's like she was born to play the Amazon.

128f504251c5fc7931d697b9278b66c7.jpg

tumblr_m06487GOV11qg0u4go1_500.gif

bridget_regan__legend_of_the_seeker_s01e05_06_07_GiEQ0LV.sized.jpg

tumblr_m00267fLOv1qg0u4go1_500.gif

Chatting-with-Bridget-bridget-regan-7071343-604-453.jpg

Bridget-Regan.jpg

I think Lynda Carter should be someone like Julia Kapatelis on a tv show, I think it would be too distracting having her in the film. Marvel has always done a cameo, Man of Steel didn't and so did Nolan's Batman so they shouldn't.

Is Lynn Collins too obvious a choice, because she could be really good?

I don't even like her all that much (No, this does not make me a "hater", it makes me a DISLIKER :oldrazz:) but I am warming to Jennifer Lawrence camp. She would bring the star power a project like this needs, I think anyway, that most of the suggestions I have seen here lack. Blunt is a good actress, and she's beautiful, but I don't think the mass audience knows her from any number of other similar actresses. Lawrence would bring name recognition for sure, plus, y'know, that Oscar. She's also young enough to be in possible sequels and JLA should that come about. Like I stated, I am not even all that impressed with her myself, but I can see what she could bring to the table, and I don't think she would be bad as Diana.

I LOVE Jennifer Lawrence, and I would love to see her in a DC film at some point. However, I don't see her as WW AT ALL. Plus, she's got X-Men, Hunger Games, and her smaller projects, so she's busy.

People bring up her Marvel connection, but let's remember she is the second actress to play the part she is in FC and DOFP, and it's freakin' Mystique. Let's see, should an Oscar winning actress choose to continue to be one background character in a franchise full of those kind of characters or should she play the most widely recognized superheroine IN THE ENTIRE WORLD? I hope I was not too snarky there. It's just when I see that rationale being brought up my eyes roll over big time. It's Mystique. Fine character, sure, but come on!

Like I said, I am not her biggest fan, but a Lawrence headlined WW directed by say, a Peter Jackson (with Karl Urban as Steve Trevor?) would be a big step up from Mystique. And yes, my sphincter hurts a whole lot from putting that team together. It's just a fanboy fantasy of mine. sigh.

for me it's not that i dont like her because of x men film connection i dont like her for it because i feel jlaw is just too young looking

my preferred WW actress age is between 27 - 31 old enough to have a sense of strength and maturity but still young enough to look like she could do an origin story

look at henry he was mature looking to pass off a strong mature bad ass superman but had enough youthfulness to be able to be bought in an origins story

Last edited:
By the time a script is finished, actually chosen, retooled, pre production time release day set, ect. how old would Lawrence actually be? Could be closer to 25 when you think about it. Of course this all depends on Superman/Batman being a huge hit, thus making a WW film more likely.

I think Lynda Carter should be someone like Julia Kapatelis on a tv show, I think it would be too distracting having her in the film. Marvel has always done a cameo, Man of Steel didn't and so did Nolan's Batman so they shouldn't.
But Batman and Superman dont have that 1 specific incarnation like WW does.

really depends on when and if wb will be making her film. if batsupe is still being written there's a possibility that she may get written into it since there's been some talk of a ms.marvel movie and ellen page is in talks to star in queen and country.

The Marvel connection is my biggest issue with J-Law playing WW, its not that big of a deal except for possible scheduling. I love her as an actress, and she seems like a really nice person, but she just doesn't fit WW to me. I'd love for her to be in a DC film, but this isn't the right part for her.

Katniss is not even remotely the same character. If we're going there, HG proved that she could play someone like Huntress or Black Canary, not WW.

She's a good actor, she can do more than one type of character, but i would like to see a different actress, i prefer the idea of having multiple female action stars than just one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"