Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brandon Routh is cited in Hollywood as one of the reasons why you *don't* cast an unknown in a leading role in a major franchise. He did a great job, but in the aftermath a lot of Hollywood execs were thinking, "might Superman Returns have performed better if Singer had cast someone better known in the lead?"

Christopher Reeve was an unknown before he played Superman.

I think gemma artreton has quite a solid resume under her and she has been a suggestion with movies like

Rock N' Rolla
Quantum Of Solace
Prince Of Persia
Clash Of The Titans
Disappearance Of Alice Creed
Neil Jordan's upcoming "Byzantium"

she has been able to balance her indie films with big blockbusters

I think gemma artreton has quite a solid resume under her and she has been a suggestion with movies like

Rock N' Rolla
Quantum Of Solace
Prince Of Persia
Clash Of The Titans
Disappearance Of Alice Creed
Neil Jordan's upcoming "Byzantium"

she has been able to balance her indie films with big blockbusters

Except Alice Creed and maybe Byzantium, she wasn't the lead in any of those.

Bale, you knew he could support a film on his own shoulders acting wise.

You should have cited Tess of the D'ubrervilles which she was amazing in!!!!

Last edited:
Christopher Reeve was an unknown before he played Superman.

Yes, he was, and he remains the classic example that casting the right unknown can work. It's just a shame that Hollywood so rarely sees it that way.

I swear Whedon put Cobie Smulders in Avengers just to taunt DC fans.

Considering she was his favorite for Wonder Woman and his WW treatment was the closet that WW ever got to film.

Blame Warners for canning him and the project.

I swear Whedon put Cobie Smulders in Avengers just to taunt DC fans.

Considering she was his favorite for Wonder Woman and his WW treatment was the closet that WW ever got to film.

Blame Warners for canning him and the project.

Did you like the direction that he was planning to take the character?

Last edited:
He never wrote a script, so it's hard to say. Then again, his outline was probably good... since WB hated it.

Whedon mentioned the lack of enthusiasm about the project by WB was disheartening.

They basically paid him 2-3 million for nothing.

I know I've liked what he's said about the direction he was planning to take the character. Based on his comments, his movie sounded conceptually kinda like the Thor movie to me, which I can imagine working for WW.

I know that there was supposed to be a "leaked script review" out there, but after some fairly heavy investigation, I've concluded that that seems to have been a review of the script that WB commissioned right after Whedon left the project.

Basically Silver brought that World War II Wonder Woman script right after they canned Whedon in order to hold onto the film rights.

They actually had zero interest in using that script.

I swear there's more drama behind the scenes at WB than in their movies.

Yeah, I saw a review of that that basically claimed it was similiar to the first season of the TV show. Man, between WW and Shazam! I agree about the drama.

Basically Silver brought that World War II Wonder Woman script right after they canned Whedon in order to hold onto the film rights.

They actually had zero interest in using that script.

I swear there's more drama behind the scenes at WB than in their movies.
This. I mean seriously if they had a reality show it would be more entertaining than Green Lantern and Superman Returns and Catwoman combined.

That being said Fox isn't a lacking in the drama either.

I've often said there's a movie to be made about the making of a superhero film franchise.

Not sure if anyones mentioned her before but Felicity Jones name should be added to the list of good actresses who, if they trained really hard,could be a great Diana.

2ppac05.jpg

jj5hmh.jpg

Eh, just another name to think about. She has a regal quality to her that I like.

Sorry it took so long. Here it is plus a rundown of why I made my choices for the look.
2h4w0p4.png

First lets start off by saying I hate the stars in the armor it serves no purpose other than to relate it to america and I always saw Diana as a embassador of all people not just to the US. So I ditched that entirely. I went instead with the symbol of the bird on her chest and took it further.

I always felt the bird/ was a very important part of her armor before the more modern interpretations that are more like two w's sitting on top of each other. Also I thought it feminized the bodice a bit more by how round it was as opposed to the harder edges the more modern takes have made. I felt that, in the story in my head, a bird, simular to a phoenix was a native animal and they don't worship it or anything but it is a mark of their people in general.

So that is where my inspiration of the gladiatoresque look of the golden bird look comes in. Also her classic look with the more rounded edges took was somthing I wanted to look at. Making the breast plate kind of have the basic shape but kind of injoining with her arm armor became the focus of the look and kind of made everything else flow better.

Also I wanted to try to keep it as iconic as possible by keeping things that look like WW but might be taken a bit more seriously on a warrior of her calibre. I wanted something that covered her and was acutally armor but was kind of sexy too. I'm not sure if I accomplished that part you'll have to be the judges of that but yeah.

The new things I intergrated was probably the crown and how it seems a bit more jagged. I liked how it felt like it was broken and war torn yet still royal. The choker I wanted the bird not the star to be there and for it to agian have a jagged feel to give that warrior vibe. I went with the gauntlets that were from JMS's run, again keeping with the bird theme.

How it would look in action:
1zq334o.png

I was also going to ask, because I cant make up my mind, which boots do you think fit this look the most?
51rmc.png

Great work.:up:

she is too young looking for my tastes i agree with a more mary jane vibe

and felicity is only 5'2

5'2 is not debatable as good for WW

you cant make it look good with any of the camera tricks you like to bring up all the time

it is like casting a 5'5 superman

5'6 sure but not 5 freaking 2

you are under the impression i have a problem with height lol get over yourself

i am not asking for 5'11 or even 5'10

5'8 is fine

5'7 is fine

even 5'6 is fine

but 5'2 is freaking pushing it for a damn amazon warrior

I dont care about height but I will say having 5'2 will make it a lot harder to fake that she is about 6'0

But, if they find the absoulute best actress and she's 5'2 then okay then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"