Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
But will people accept such a butch Wonder Woman? :D

Cause it can go either way. I never liked the Wonder Woman from Frank Miller's interp...but we should ignore that anyway :O

Wonder Woman, judging by that TV pilot, she sounded like a cruel unethical cow! lol

But I see it when she takes the huff in the JL comics, she's too headstrong, where she's all for the worst possible outcome of a situation, and I don't think that should happen.

Now if she was like Xena :)

I saw a part of it, where she throws a pipe into someone's throat. o_O That, btw, is something I don't want to see. Because that was someone she could have easily taken down, seeing as he couldn't land a single shot.

It's like when a woman is able to fight in fiction, she can't restrain herself when it comes to fighting those evil men. She can't just disable them, she has to ****ing cripple them.

I'm all for disabling them, but impaling them through the neck with a pipe, a bit uncalled for? :p

It's amusing that discussion about wheather WW should kill or not could fill a whole page of posts (in the old thread) but the director topic just got about two replies. :woot:

Like I said, I don't think WW should be like the Punisher when it comes to killing, but I don't think she should have a no-kill policy, she should follow the Greek version of the way of the warrior.

Or they'd train her in order to be prepared for the dangers of the outside world, and ready to do what's necessary, when the time comes. Especially when fighting Gods and mythical creatures.

Except they never knew she was going to the outside world until Trevor showed up, right? So they would train her on how to apply her power not only in defense of herself but how to use it to defend others. There's a difference between a bully and standing up for someone. Revenge and avenging. She fights more than just namesless mythological creatures. If it's DR. Psycho or something humanoid, murdering a full-fledged human takes on more complex rationales.

And as for being callous, I can see our world being a lot more responsible for that[/B].

You post a clip from an episode that ends with WW realizing that anger, fighting and killing was exactly what was fueling the monster. Exactly what she was being in the clip you posted. Ironic?
[YT]Ryba94AA2hs?t=5m22s[/YT]

So she wins by not killing or throwing haymakers. That's the clever WW who outwits her opponents. Sees the options Bats and Supes wouldn't.

Or do it the Batman Begins way and not bother to save some people.

Well, I have problems with the way that was handled so I'd say no.

I agree, that she's not like Bats or Supes. But if she has the power to save Cheetah and the bus load of kids she should/will. However, unlike Supes who wants to be everywhere and would carry the guilt of not saving everyone, if Cheetah dies in executing a plan that leaves WW unable to save both, then Cheetah falls to her death. WW isn't going to feel guilty. Cheetah died being a b---h.

I could see her attempting to help Cheetah and calling her "sister" as like a final plea to say "you can still be redeemed," and Cheetah not taking it or trying to take her with her.

You know what CK, we are getting nowhere. Let's just agree to disagree. I don't mind WW not being Superman and Batman, and have the occasional kill, you don't. What's the next topic?

You know what CK, we are getting nowhere. Let's just agree to disagree. I don't mind WW not being Superman and Batman, and have the occasional kill, you don't. What's the next topic?

I wasn't trying to convince you. I just think, we see that "kill, angry" version of WW all the time now.It's kind of the default. JL Frontier-JMS-Azzarello-WW animated.

Not making it the center piece of her character is what I want. I want to see her more relaxed Diana Prince identity the way we get to see Bruce Wayne in Nolan's films. Her dynamic with Etta, Hippolyta, and the Amazons in ways we never really think about. Like Nolan has done with Alfred and Gordon. But to do that, it requires a bit of ironing out of characters around her and what they mean. That's why I place so much emphasis on the Amazon's characterization.

I actually quite like Wonder Woman killing on rare, extreme occasions. If Ares has set into motion a plan to take over the world, and there is no possible alternative, I don't mind Wonder Woman killing. Like another said, have her show remorse, don't let it be a cold blooded thing, and its fine.

Are we still ignoring the fact who is writing this movie? How can people be excited about this? I feel discouraged about this movie more now than ever.

I don't think there needs to be a big debate here. Wonder Woman isn't the Punisher. If she's stopping a mugging or facing down someone weaker than her, she shouldn't rip his head off. In a large battle, or against someone dangerous, she should fight to the best of her abilities. In it to win it. Not killing for the sake of killing, but she's a warrior. People die in combat.

Similar to how Captain America killed in the Marvel-Verse. He's not straight-up murdering random folks, but he did what he had to do. Shoot people, throw them out of a plane, whatever.

What Brian said.

I'd like to see a Wonder Woman who kills only when its absolutely neccessary, but who eventually develops into someone who tries to use methods other than violence to solve problems, and then becomes an ambassador.

I don't think her standards about killing should evolve or be based on if, then.

It should be an easily understood standard.

I don't think there needs to be a big debate here. Wonder Woman isn't the Punisher. If she's stopping a mugging or facing down someone weaker than her, she shouldn't rip his head off. In a large battle, or against someone dangerous, she should fight to the best of her abilities. In it to win it. Not killing for the sake of killing, but she's a warrior. People die in combat.

Similar to how Captain America killed in the Marvel-Verse. He's not straight-up murdering random folks, but he did what he had to do. Shoot people, throw them out of a plane, whatever.

No one was advocating a Punisher style WW. Killing a bunch of nameless one-eyed bats isn't going to raise an eyebrow.

The thing is that weaker isn't the point. Dr. Psycho is weaker than her, but if he pulled a stunt, like in the comics, where he willed a bunch of people to leap off buildings unless she stops him then what?

Capt. never made any part of his mantra about violence and redemption. You can't really have a mantra about redemption if you are the sole judge, jury, and executor about who has the right to live.

Isn't that the whole point of supervillains? To make the hero lose their standards by pushing them into thinking they don't have options?

The only person I'm fine with her killing is Ares.

Eh, there's plenty more people I'm fine with her killing, Ares is one of them.

Just give her Captain America's moral compass and we're golden. I like how she was handled in the DTV and wouldn't mind if the Movie version is exactly like that.

You guys are heartless. How can you advocate killing Skinny Colonel Sanders or his pet Goldfish-Octopus?
They're so precious!!!!

As someone who knows next to nothing about Wonder Woman... what is the best way to jump into getting to know her character.... other then reading her Wikipedia page?

Try tracking down the George Perez run. That's how I got started a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"