Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 8

Discussion in 'DC Comics Films' started by Thread Manager, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingMadness

KingMadness Well-Known Member

Watch the big bang theory. Kaley Cuoco can emote EXTREMELY well. You know exactly when she's embarrassed, impressed, happy, disgusted, angry, sympathetic, etc.

If Kaley could dye her hair and get back to her season 1 figure plus some muscle, she'd make an incredible Wonder Woman that most importantly, can display a range of emotions very well.

2. Project862006

Project862006 Well-Known Member

i dont mind young looking for tv show but she is too young looking imo look at other cw super hero shows
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Nave 'Torment'

Nave 'Torment' Vigilante Detective

^ it's wrong how there's such a lack of SV love in the world :(

Rosenbaum, Schnider, Welling, Durance, Glover, and Allison Mack had some of the best bits of the show :D

And yeah, for the cast of the new CW series, I just hope they bring in someone who's can grow to be iconic (and if all things work out, jump into the big-screen in her own film). THAT would be quite a success for the character.

4. Nave 'Torment'

I'd agree with all those points in general. The only thing that I'd add is this: it's easy to write off Themyscira as this blatant, sexist monarchy that's antithetic towards progress, that certainly makes for good drama but it somewhat goes against the very thing that Marston was creating. Granted, his portrayal and ideas aren't less controversial either, but if Marston's Amazons started off trying to denounce the age-old impression that Amazons are barbaric, by making them radical feminists would just do the opposite of that. I think I agree when you're saying that Diana's arc is more important and her conflict with Hippolyta is the one human drama that should be made prominent--especially since it has that opportunity to explore radical feminism versus more liberal feminism--and I agree. Make that Hippolyta's policy. But cast Themyscira itself as a Paradise. And no, not something that embraces a chauvinistic view of womankind being superior -- don't make it a radical feminist paradise, but a humanist paradise. Otherwise the only thing Diana would want to do after she puts her own ideas into words when she comes into contact with man's world is to "get away from home" and while that's great and all, I don't think I'd be okay with Wonder Woman having this repressed hostility towards her own land. Her own mom's a different story. Just wanted to point out that difference. Keep it a Paradise, hence all the conflict and importance of Themyscira, but don't make it about feminism, but what feminism fights for: gender-equality.

That's how I see it.

I know it contradicts on a core level: how can Hippolyta, a radical, be different from the land she rules over? Or how can a radical queen rule a liberal land? I think it could go on to show the differences between the two and make it less blatant.

Yes, exactly. What we need is a good actress who can act. And while it's great to judge actresses based on their previous work, there's still the possibility that someone out of the list has a Diana-esque quality she hasn't shown in her past works. So yeah, there's still the possibility of going beyond surface looks when it comes down to it. I'm partial to Bridget Regan because I find her attractive and Diana-esque. But that doesn't mean others can't pull the part off well.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  5. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I thought Palicki looked the part, and almost like the Bruce Timm WW from the Justice League series. That's what I would like to see. I've always thought a Lucy Lawless/Xena look is just a bit too manly for my tastes.

And it's true that most of the general audience haven't seen Palicki in the part or even know of the existence of that pilot. She definitely had the height for Diana as well. I'd like to see someone like that who towers above everyone else.

But I agree she was badly written and should never have thrown that pipe through the thug's neck. David E Kelly didn't know what he was doing with WW anyway.

6. DrCosmic

DrCosmic Professor of Power

I live in a world where Bridget Regan is prioritized over Emily Blunt on basis of acting.

And then Blunt is questioned whether or not she can bring fierceness to a role.

Hilarious.

7. LibidoLoca

LibidoLoca Sensually Delicious

[​IMG]

Eh, it happens...

8. Nave 'Torment'

Give the lasso to a newcomer I say. That's how it's always worked.

9. ЯɘvlveR

ЯɘvlveR danneB

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i wanted jaime alexander but i think it safe to say she won't be diana. sucks though.

10. Airwings

Airwings Waves of air

What kind of music does Wonder Woman need? A big orchestral score - like John Williams composed for Supes & SW - or something else?
    Should there be elements of greek music in it?

11. ЯɘvlveR

ЯɘvlveR danneB

I'm gonna go with speed metal.

12. Powerman34

Powerman34 Well-Known Member

Heavy orchestral...maybe Hans Zimmer can come up with something?

13. Airwings

Airwings Waves of air

Powerman34 took this question seriously, ЯɘvlveR did not.
    Zimmer may be good. But I think James Horner could come up with something extremely good.

14. ЯɘvlveR

ЯɘvlveR danneB

15. Young Superman

Young Superman The Last Son of Krypton

QFT:up:

Didn't she wear a Wonder Woman costume in an episode of the big bang theory?

16. Project862006

really while she looked very tough and fierce she also has a warmth kindness to her that made her very relatable

imo xena should be the template for WW

beautiful with a great warrior physique who while sexy wasn't sexualized but also strong and fierce at the same time had a warmth to her and was very vulnerable at times

17. KingMadness

WHO THE **** IS EMILY BLUNT REALLY? THE GIRL AIN'T MERYL STREEP, YALL SERIOUSLY NEED TO HOP OFF. My God, some of you guys act like "omg omg this girl is Kate Winslet, she's Meryl Streep! She should get the part!"

Where is our proof that she can handle and exude the physicality and confidence of the role? I know where Bridget Regan's proof is, it's her fantastic, and widely critically acclaimed work on The Legend of the Seeker. Has Emily Blunt in her entire career had to do any advanced fighting of any kind, ever?

18. KingMadness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUXdC2fQ9jQ

There you go. Random Emily Blunt interview vid, I don't see Wonder Woman at all. Youtube any Bridget Regan interview vid. Hell google image her. Anything. Bridget Regan just 100% exudes Wonder Woman in looks, posture, mannerisms, her actions. Looking at Bridget feels literally like your looking at Wonder Woman.

19. flickchick85

flickchick85 Loose Seal

Thankfully, casting directors cast people based on how they look and act as a character, not random interviews.

Emily Blunt HAS sported a good look for Wonder Woman before, as many people have posted photographic evidence of throughout the thread, and she's got more than the acting skills and screen presence to pull it off.

I actually did watch Legend of the Seeker, and I think Regan is just fine, but hardly "The Definitive Option" for anything.

20. Human Torch

Human Torch Well-Known Member

Bridget Regan all the way.:up:

21. Micromind

Micromind New World New Rules

This.

I don't want to see a mature, manly looking Wonder Woman, we did get that (in a way) in the Xena the warrior series.

Bruce Timm WW all the way. :up:

22. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Xena? Manly? No.

Xena was strong and epic because she was a woman of course.

23. Project862006

how was xena manly?yes she was powerful and fierce ans has a strong look of a woman and was a big girl at 5'9 but she wasn't manly
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. NigelHalsey

NigelHalsey Traveller

Now that's Wonder Woman. Too bad. Not too late to be Hippolyta though.

25. superion

superion Well-Known Member

Regan's work on the seeker received wide critical acclaim? Really? From who?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.