Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
the point of the Ledger/Joker analogy was that an actress of blunt's stature should be allowed to create a version of WW that's all her own. Same goes with the costume. In fact Im hoping that the cinematic WW will be even more of a departure from the comics/tv/cartoons than the Joker was. throw out the ridiculous costume, the tiara, the invisible jet (they can keep the lasso, i guess) and flight of any kind.

Frankly, I hope the writers/director/lead completely ignore everything WW related from the past 70 years except maybe the latest Azzarelllo run on WW. As if the character was created a year ago. Only way to go.

Last edited:
People, stop posting heart smileys in your messages. Just because you have the hots for an actress doesn't mean she would be the best WW.

this coming form the same guy who suggested kristen stewart for WW

:lmao:

the point of the Ledger/Joker analogy was that an actress of blunt's stature should be allowed to create a version of WW that's all her own. Same goes with the costume. In fact Im hoping that the cinematic WW will be even more of a departure from the comics/tv/cartoons than the Joker was. throw out the ridiculous costume, the tiara, the invisible jet (they can keep the lasso, i guess) and flight of any kind.

Frankly, I hope the writers/director/lead completely ignore everything WW related from the past 70 years except maybe the latest Azzarelllo run on WW. As if the character was created a year ago. Only way to go.

lets get rid of the wonder woman name too

:dry: the only thing they changed about joker was perma white to clown paint

They changed his love for theatrical weapons to knives as well :p

absolutely absurd.

might as well just offer her superwoman if a jl vs crime syndicate of america is ever made.

Lol they changed much more than the face paint. Sorry you didn't notice.

Regardless, Id rather they not even bother with a WW movie if they arent willing to invest the same talent and resources as they did for bats and supes.

A 150 million budget and some syndicated tv hottie in the lead just isnt gonna cut it. The announced tv show sorta confirms that WB agrees. Test the waters with an ongoing show and if its a hit and the problems with a live action WW are identified and solved, then go forward with a big budget A-list actress starring feature film.

Last edited:
^it seems you can care less about WW anyways so why do you care seeing how you wanted to take away her costume,tiara,jet,flight,etc.

You know, I'm as WW revisionist as anybody, but... Joker kept his ridiculous costume and all his theatricality. The Azzarello run is good, and appeals to that sort of Alice from Resident Evil stoic chick angle, and it's more popular than the meandering she's had over the years, but it doesn't have any lasting power, that archetype can't support a 150M summer tentpole.

It'd be better to do like Joker and lose the things that don't work, like the Invisible Jet or Boxing Glove, and streamline things that do work, like the costume, like the abilities. Joker would not have been better if he had been a further departure from the comics. Wondy won't either.

Emily Blunt can smoke a blunt.

Bridget Regan is the real deal. Annie Wersching is the real deal.

It's too bad Gina Carano isn't fully developed as an actress....I saw Haywire and was impressed with her physicality.... She is a warrior personified..alas she needs more acting coaching, she pretty much acted like a terminator, cold and quiet. Plus she is aging a bit... She would work in a JLA movie where she was a small part, but not be able to carry a movie...

I really think a high profile actress will ruin the movie..
Look at what happened to aeon flux with Charlize Theron, hally berry as Catwoman, and Electra with Jennifer Garner... All forced casting, all of these films were compromised by the stars interfering with the movie trying to make it their own....

The source material should dictate a film....not the actors

It's too bad Gina Carano isn't fully developed as an actress....I saw Haywire and was impressed with her physicality.... She is a warrior personified..alas she needs more acting coaching, she pretty much acted like a terminator, cold and quiet. Plus she is aging a bit... She would work in a JLA movie where she was a small part, but not be able to carry a movie...

I really think a high profile actress will ruin the movie..
Look at what happened to aeon flux with Charlize Theron, hally berry as Catwoman, and Electra with Jennifer Garner... All forced casting, all of these films were compromised by the stars interfering with the movie trying to make it their own....

The source material should dictate a film....not the actors

YEP.

really liked her initially. i mean physically, i don't think you could find anyone else better, lets see if she develops by the time the ball gets rolling on this.

Rachel-Nichols.jpg

I'm surprised Rachel Nichols doesn't get more mention. I haven't seen her on "Continuum", but I hear the show's really good.

Yeah like I said before Gina Carano would be my top choice if she had more acting experience. The girl IS a warrior, but then you look at her interviews and she's the sweetest thing. If she could channel both sides to her, she'd make an uber Wonder Woman.

Carano is done as a leading lady in any big budget movie going forward. She had the perfect vehicle and the audience utterly rejected her. Maybe it was her two pack a day voice, who knows. She will have to play 2nd tier villlains and supporting characters in action movies if she wants to keep working. I hear she's a glorified extra in the latest Fast and Furious movie which sounds about right.

Ive come to the conclusion that a feature film in the near future is a bad idea. I see no indication that WB is willing to invest the money and talent necessary to make a non-cheesy WW movie. If some heavyweight (Whedon, Cameron, Nolan et al) came to them with a pitch, that might change things. But all those guys are pretty much booked for the foreseeable future.

And if a serious project ever does happen, just gird yourselves now for the fact that there will be MAJOR changes to the character: costume, origins, personality, appearance. If you're a expecting a relatively faithful adaptation of the comics a la the MCU (im talking relative here), expect to be disappointed. That's assuming they get top notch writers/director/producers - ie people with talent and artistic vision.

Last edited:
why the hell do you keep saying she has a 2 pack a day voice? She has a great voice, I could show you mad vids of her sounding nice. Also:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/haywire_2011/

Haywire has a fantastic 81% on Rotten Tomatoes. The movie had stiff competition, was not well advertised, and failed to find an audience. The movie itself was a good movie, and everybody says Gina kicked ass. Take note that this is her first movie role as well. All things considered she did a fantastic job.

81% is way more than you can say for any crappy movie Jessica Biel has been in.

lol at utterly rejected her. i lol'd at that entire post. i hope she does get it just to see what some of the people who utterly hate her for no apparent reason will do.

I dont hate her. I just recognize that a) the fact that shes a fighter is utterly irrelevant to her career as a "serious" actor (hint: russell crowe wasnt a master swordsman before he did Gladiator) and b) there are many many much better and proven actresses out there than her.

The most unusual thing about her - her MMA background - isnt a selling point for casting her as Wonder Woman. No more than Michael Phelps' background makes him a good fit for Aquaman.

I actually like her in Haywire, but her acting was not very good. In fact, they significantly altered her lines in post even after she had re-done her lines in the studio because of her limitations as an actress. She was still well-cast for that specific role, but nothing about that movie suggests she could carry a movie like Wonder Woman.

Bottom line, they need to get the best actress possible, with "leading woman" magnetism. This is a very short list, and Ms Carano doesnt even come close.

Those obvious points aside, she could make an excellent stunt double for whomever they cast for the role. Depends on who it is I guess. A proficient swordswoman would still be necessary though.

Last edited:
when michael phelps decides to have a change of career, and that career is in hollywood, then we'll talk.

aside from the fact that the guy looks like a thumb, and thus, all wrong for aquaman, the point is moot.

and no, i don't think she's the best choice of actress for the role, not unless she becomes a better one, and that's the only point some people are getting at.

she looks the part, and could play the part, half right. if she can get better at that other half, she'll do fine.

eh. i don't know. I've never seen her in anything. apparently she was ALMOST, the yellow ranger.

kelli-barrett.jpg

i like kellie barrett a little better. 28 years old, 5-5 haven't seen her in anything other then i just want my pants back or whatever the name of that show is/was.

ЯɘvlveR;24327143 said:
eh. i don't know. I've never seen her in anything. apparently she was ALMOST, the yellow ranger.
Whaddya mean "almost"? She was the yellow ranger. Of course, a lot has happened since then and now she's known more for horror movies. But hey, if she was a power ranger then she's done martial arts stuff, so...that's something.

good lord are we scrapping at the bottom of the barrel even for a tv show i'd prefer pailicki to come back for the tv show if we are suggesting power rangers lol

Carano is done as a leading lady in any big budget movie going forward. She had the perfect vehicle and the audience utterly rejected her. Maybe it was her two pack a day voice, who knows. She will have to play 2nd tier villlains and supporting characters in action movies if she wants to keep working. I hear she's a glorified extra in the latest Fast and Furious movie which sounds about right.

Ive come to the conclusion that a feature film in the near future is a bad idea. I see no indication that WB is willing to invest the money and talent necessary to make a non-cheesy WW movie. If some heavyweight (Whedon, Cameron, Nolan et al) came to them with a pitch, that might change things. But all those guys are pretty much booked for the foreseeable future.

And if a serious project ever does happen, just gird yourselves now for the fact that there will be MAJOR changes to the character: costume, origins, personality, appearance. If you're a expecting a relatively faithful adaptation of the comics a la the MCU (im talking relative here), expect to be disappointed. That's assuming they get top notch writers/director/producers - ie people with talent and artistic vision.

I respect your opinion but it seems to me that you are being extremely negative in the way only DC could be before. Can you image how dull it would be if EVERY superhero movie was like Batman? It would be rubbish. Everything would be dark and serious and the whole genre would end up seeming increadably pompous and pretentious. Also, you seem to have a real downer on the character and it seems a pointless exercise to make a "Wonder Woman" movie if you are basically not going to have Wonder Woman in it! Face it, Wonder Woman has certain trademarks and origins which have kept the comic in print for the best part of 60/70 years and she is loved by many for those things. Stipping her down to some vague compassionate but fierce warrior losely connected to Greek Legen would suck - one might as well put Zak Snyder in charge and use it as a sequel to the awesome 300 when Zeus comes down from Olympus to Leonidas's daughter the leader of a bunch of eternal piecekeepers - it would suck!
Btw, I think the last three casting choices look much better :) !

Yeah people wanna revamp WW's entire character, that's not necessary. Those same people are the one's who lack the imagination to make the WW we know and love work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"