Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor Cole has the looks... but from what I hear and what I have seen, she definitely can't carry a movie like WW with her present acting abilities. I could still be impressed if someone believes otherwise and can 'show me the light' but that's my opinion of her acting abilities right now, anyway.

Ooh, zing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the gods are largely left out of the first movie while the plot focuses on Diana and Steve.

I wouldn't be surprised either. Casting the gods/amazons is like casting the other Kryptonians in a superman movie, or the police department in a Batman movie. They're there, they might even have a line to share between them, but at the end of the day, there's really only one person, maybe two, from each group that's at all relevant to the story.

Now after seeing that MOS trailer, can we light a fire under WB's ass on this?

And speaking of it. I want EVERY DC film to look like MOS. Realistic, but stylistic at the same time.

Now after seeing that MOS trailer, can we light a fire under WB's ass on this?

Yes yes yes :oldrazz:

Especially since the Wonder Woman comic book series has a 51.3% increase (showing more people are becoming interested in her character and especially her origin)

Eva Green as anything. But seriously Id like to see her as the Scarlet Witch, not some minor part in a WW movie.

Oh and also if I had to cast the CW Diana, I'd go with either Crystal Reed (but she might be under contract with MTV) or Shelley Hennig (who is definitely in the CW good books anyway)

Odette Yustman for CW Wonder Woman... plus she isn't doing anything important since House ended!

Its encouraging that no one is suggesting LC for the lead role anymore. Progress.

And i think Odette Yustman could work for the tv show. Shes pretty with dark, mediterranean features, and a hint of an accent (sounds latina to me, but im not sure). Could work. A decent actress (by CW standards anyway). And yeah it looks like she could use the work.

Last edited:
Way too old looking by CW standards. They'd probably cast her as the Aunt of an 18 year old Diana or something :whatever:

Way too old looking by CW standards. They'd probably cast her as the Aunt of an 18 year old Diana or something :whatever:

The saddest part here is that you're probably right!

Even if she's just 27! And definitely not one of those 'looks older than they are' girls. If anything she could pass for a younger girl!

I think casting TV is pretty easy. A lot more of the weight of show quality lies with the showrunners than anything, I think.

And speaking of it. I want EVERY DC film to look like MOS. Realistic, but stylistic at the same time.

Same here. The "Nolan" approach just happens to be exactly what I've been hoping for in terms of movie adaptation. I want these character to seem real. I have comics and cartoons for crazy stories and lighter interpretations. But movies just work better if they feel real, imo.

Same here. The "Nolan" approach just happens to be exactly what I've been hoping for in terms of movie adaptation. I want these character to seem real. I have comics and cartoons for crazy stories and lighter interpretations. But movies just work better if they feel real, imo.

I 100% agree

More like the "Singer" aproach being that he was the first to adapt a mainstream comic franchise in those terms.

There's a distinct approach with the Marvel movies compared to DC.

Marvel is set in the real world, with fantasy being pushed into them.

DC films, like the comics, work better when they are fantasy, but with that gritty and realistic element pushed into them. No matter how fantastical, they should keep that dark and mature approach. MOS definitely has that more than BB did, and that's what I feel they should follow on.

MOS looks very much real world, but thanks to Synder's style, it looks 'otherworldly' at the same time, and that's DC comics to the tee.

Nolan did something similar with BB, but lost it with TDK and TDKR imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"