World's Finest? Justice League? Reboot? No reboot? Solo Movies before or after?

I don't think making Wonder Woman an alien would exactly work

Last edited:
GL and Flash are just as much of a cultural icon as Hulk is. Everyone knows who they are much like how they know who Hulk is.

Nope. No way. Hulk is probably a top 5 most recognizable character, behind Batman, Superman, and Spidey. GL and Flash would be lucky to scratch the top 10.

Nope. No way. Hulk is probably a top 5 most recognizable character, behind Batman, Superman, and Spidey. GL and Flash would be lucky to scratch the top 10.

Prior to the Avengers, Flash and GL were bigger than Iron Man and the rest of the team. If you walk the streets in big cities in America showing pictures of Flash and GL and asking people who they are, the vast majority of people will be able to recognize them. The main 5 JL members are more recognizable than most Marvel and DC characters.

Prior to the Avengers, Flash and GL were bigger than Iron Man and the rest of the team. If you walk the streets in big cities in America showing pictures of Flash and GL and asking people who they are, the vast majority of people will be able to recognize them. The main 5 JL members are more recognizable than most Marvel and DC characters.

Well, we aren't talking about Avengers. We are talking about the Hulk. So you maybe can argue this or that pre-Avenger movies, but you can't argue the Hulk. Everyone knows the green muscular monster is the Hulk. No other DC character besides Batman and Supes had a long running TV series as successful as the Bixby series. Hulk is a cultural icon, and has countless more pop culture references than Green Lantern and Flash combined.

Since Snyder/Goyer are doing three films, one of which is JL, and since this is all we've heard from, I think they could go about it this way, with a zero-issue-esque trilogy, a three-part introduction to the DC universe:

--

The first part, Man of Steel (2013), is about the concept of learning we're not alone in the universe, with the alien trusting us, and requiring us to trust him.

The second part,Gods Among Men (2015), is what happens when another superpowered being shows up (WW, whose origin we get for the first 20 minutes, ala Krypton in MOS); will Supes trust WW with the humans? (Reboot-Bats doesn't trust either of them)

The third part, The Justice League (2017), is about having to get all superhumans to trust eachother in order to earn back the world's trust (by acting as a deterrent against both the forces out in the universe who intend to do the humans harm, but also to each other).

---

After this, we get solos (which would likely do better, coming off JL) depending on their prior reception. None of the solos are origins (since they've been taken care of in the zero-trilogy):

(2018) 'Superman: The Man of Tomorrow' (starting off with Lex, and a new director), 'Wonder Woman'
(2019) 'Batman: The World's Greatest Detective', 'The Flash'
(2020) 'Aquaman: The King of Atlantis', 'The Green Lantern Corps'

Snyder can perhaps come back for JL2, JL3, every four years.

Last edited:
I'd have it so you go:

MoS, followed by 2&3 with a Flash, WW and Aquaman movie somewhere around the upcoming MoS film(s). I'd also have the WF film to precede Justice League (obviously) and I'd love to see Hal Jordan cameo in a Flash movie. I'm sure some GL Corps films could evolve after the JL film is done and dusted plus whichever films deserve sequels. I'd also wouldn't mind if MoS3 actually ended up becoming the World's Finest too even if it could involved Brainiac for one, but wouldn't it be better suited if a Batman villain teams up with a Superman villain or something?!

Last edited:
I want the next DC movie to be the Justice League. Spin of the characters that connect with the audience.

There's a script floating around Hollywood now that has Wonder Woman as a Kryptonian descendant who basically comes to the US and engages in a sort of Dark Knight-proportions battle with Maxwell Lord ending with him switching sides and forming justice league. Which certainly strays from comics, but also supposedly echoes the whole concept of the modern world being afraid of feminist themes. Can anybody think of how they'd tie it in as to before or after Superman arriving on Earth?

Wonder Woman as a descendant of Krypton?! No f'n way!!!! I mean we've still got Kara who may possibly show up in a MoS film in the future. WW must remain an Amazon and still become Hippolyta's gift from the Gods. Making Diana an alien strips away all her heritage. I bloody hope that script never ends up a reality as I'm still hoping Martian Manhunter remains the catalyst for forming the League.

This one had Maxwell Lord playing the villain to WW and being romantically involved with Cheetah. he essentially sets Cheetah on her and when WW defeats her, Lord sees the error in his metahuman hating ways and is prompted to form a justice league of sorts. curious, but surprisingly good. I bumped it up actually.

There's a script floating around Hollywood now that has Wonder Woman as a Kryptonian descendant who basically comes to the US and engages in a sort of Dark Knight-proportions battle with Maxwell Lord ending with him switching sides and forming justice league. Which certainly strays from comics, but also supposedly echoes the whole concept of the modern world being afraid of feminist themes. Can anybody think of how they'd tie it in as to before or after Superman arriving on Earth?

In the Prequel Comic for 'Man of Steel', Kara (Supergirl) crashed in the first scout ship (seen in MOS) and onboard there was a "Growth Codex" (like in MOS), a way to "grow" more Kryptonians. So that codex could've been activated thousands of years ago. It could be that or it could be because the comic indicates at least one person survived that crash and left the ship (we don't know who for sure though.) Maybe that person had a child with a human?

I agree that WW as a Kryptonian descendant does take away her her mythological origins and the Greek gods. I don't know if that's the way WB are planning to go, though...maybe they are.

As for when it should be set, I think Superman should be the first metahuman known to Earth. If they do go with a story like this, maybe we see Lord disgusted at the idea of Superman and further appalled by the discovery of Wonder Woman?

If this is true, WB may not even go with this version of Wonder Woman. They have been reluctant to commit to other versions in the past. And it would also depend on what WB wants to do with WW and the others in a Justice League movie. If Goyer were to write JL, then he would have his own plans for the heroes that might clash with this version. Or this might clash with MOS and Snyder's vision for it.

In the Prequel Comic for 'Man of Steel', Kara (Supergirl) crashed in the first scout ship (seen in MOS) and onboard there was a "Growth Codex" (like in MOS), a way to "grow" more Kryptonians. So that codex could've been activated thousands of years ago. It could be that or it could be because the comic indicates at least one person survived that crash and left the ship (we don't know who for sure though.) Maybe that person had a child with a human?

I agree that WW as a Kryptonian descendant does take away her her mythological origins and the Greek gods. I don't know if that's the way WB are planning to go, though...maybe they are.

As for when it should be set, I think Superman should be the first metahuman known to Earth. If they do go with a story like this, maybe we see Lord disgusted at the idea of Superman and further appalled by the discovery of Wonder Woman?

If this is true, WB may not even go with this version of Wonder Woman. They have been reluctant to commit to other versions in the past. And it would also depend on what WB wants to do with WW and the others in a Justice League movie. If Goyer were to write JL, then he would have his own plans for the heroes that might clash with this version. Or this might clash with MOS and Snyder's vision for it.

So the one that I read today is relatively highly touted and introduces WW after Superman, but kind of mentions him aside, no direct linking until the denouement.

I think its a good screenplay, very gritty. I just wonder if people are willing to watch another superhero movie that is less about the violence and more about the power play.

Also, could people deal with Cheetah being killed off in the first round? I'd be happy to share more about how Amazons were written. I think it'll disappoint a lot of people, but Gods are completely cut out of it. It's now just an Atlantis-like island of phenomenally strong women.

So the one that I read today is relatively highly touted and introduces WW after Superman, but kind of mentions him aside, no direct linking until the denouement.

I think its a good screenplay, very gritty. I just wonder if people are willing to watch another superhero movie that is less about the violence and more about the power play.

Also, could people deal with Cheetah being killed off in the first round? I'd be happy to share more about how Amazons were written. I think it'll disappoint a lot of people, but Gods are completely cut out of it. It's now just an Atlantis-like island of phenomenally strong women.

Sure, share everything you got.

SO essentially, they are pretty much gone after the first 15 or so pages. Steve Trevor gets in a flight accident on their island and Diana finds his plane. He's brought back to the Amazonian city and revived. Diana's mother recommends that they send an Amazonian back to the US with him as an emissary. Diana isn't allowed to go so they hold a tournament, which Diana secretly enters. She is caught and doesn't win, consequently, she sneaks away with Trevor in the night.

The Amazonians have been done quite a bit of justice, they just cut Gods out of it altogether(probably to have it fit w/Man of Steel universe). They are re-introduced when a scientist working for Lord goes on to the island to sample soil and investigate their relationship to metahumanism(Lord has been essentially turned into a witch-hunter of meta-humans who wants to cure himself as well). That scientist is contaminated by soil and becomes Cheetah. They left Amazonians out of it after that. Kind of wish they had Lord head out on a witch hunt back to the Amazonian island. Have an outright war of sorts.

SO essentially, they are pretty much gone after the first 15 or so pages. Steve Trevor gets in a flight accident on their island and Diana finds his plane. He's brought back to the Amazonian city and revived. Diana's mother recommends that they send an Amazonian back to the US with him as an emissary. Diana isn't allowed to go so they hold a tournament, which Diana secretly enters. She is caught and doesn't win, consequently, she sneaks away with Trevor in the night.

The Amazonians have been done quite a bit of justice, they just cut Gods out of it altogether(probably to have it fit w/Man of Steel universe). They are re-introduced when a scientist working for Lord goes on to the island to sample soil and investigate their relationship to metahumanism(Lord has been essentially turned into a witch-hunter of meta-humans who wants to cure himself as well). That scientist is contaminated by soil and becomes Cheetah. They left Amazonians out of it after that. Kind of wish they had Lord head out on a witch hunt back to the Amazonian island. Have an outright war of sorts.

Okay, thanks. Interesting. Looks like this story doesn't want to focus on an Amazonian war or the Amazon history in Ancient Greece but focus more on Diana's plight in the US.

Okay, thanks. Interesting. Looks like this story doesn't want to focus on an Amazonian war or the Amazon history in Ancient Greece and focus on Diana's plight in the US.

Yup! I mean its getting good traction, so I think it might go. The reason my higher ups liked it is because it got WW to america quickly and kept her there. it was a fun read though, and unlike other scripts I've had to sift through, this one does a great job with explaining how she got her outfit.

Yup! I mean its getting good traction, so I think it might go. The reason my higher ups liked it is because it got WW to america quickly and kept her there. it was a fun read though, and unlike other scripts I've had to sift through, this one does a great job with explaining how she got her outfit.

If you are connected why are you allowed to reveal so much?

im just a reader! things only get secretive once they become a reality and get interest! Right now the script is just floating from agency to agency!

im just a reader! things only get secretive once they become a reality and get interest! Right now the script is just floating from agency to agency!

Oh, okay. Wouldn't Warners want to keep this story under wraps though?

Also, were you saying that her outfit was given to her by an American "PR sleaze" or something like that?

Oh, okay. Wouldn't Warners want to keep this story under wraps though?

Also, were you saying that her outfit was given to her by an American "PR sleaze" or something like that?

They haven't even come close to bite on it yet. There's a LOT more people on the chain to approve it before it goes. Most people don't know this, but there are close to 100 Wonderwoman scripts registered with agencies. Pretty crazy.

And yes, the outfit story was fun I thought. They had some sleazy PR guy try and get her to wear it, she turns it down and leaves the room and the PR guy tried to get in Etta Candy's pants and kind of rapes her. pretty dark.

But basically WW avenges Etta Candy in what she thinks is the most perfect way by scaring crap out of PR guy IN the outfit he proposed she wear. She kind of wears it like a Scarlet Letter. interesting, i thought.

They haven't even come close to bite on it yet. There's a LOT more people on the chain to approve it before it goes. Most people don't know this, but there are close to 100 Wonderwoman scripts registered with agencies. Pretty crazy.

And yes, the outfit story was fun I thought. They had some sleazy PR guy try and get her to wear it, she turns it down and leaves the room and the PR guy tried to get in Etta Candy's pants and kind of rapes her. pretty dark.

But basically WW avenges Etta Candy in what she thinks is the most perfect way by scaring crap out of PR guy IN the outfit he proposed she wear. She kind of wears it like a Scarlet Letter. interesting, i thought.

Thanks. Whether it goes through or not eventually, it's interesting to see what ideas are floating out there. Lots of people seem to have their ideas on WW. Are you mentioning this particular script because it's the best one you've read? Have you read other ones at all?

Anyway, that is pretty dark re: Etta and the PR guy. It is a very different way to introduce the outfit too, rather than it just being Amazonian!

Thanks. Whether it goes through or not eventually, it's interesting to see what ideas are floating out there. Lots of people seem to have their ideas on WW. Are you mentioning this particular script because it's the best one you've read? Have you read other ones at all?

Anyway, that is pretty dark re: Etta and the PR guy. It is a very different way to introduce the outfit too, rather than it just being Amazonian!

I read the Joss Whedon one, which I CAN'T disclose anything about sadly. But this is a strong one. good writing.

RE: the PR thing yes, its super dark, but what got me excited when I read it is because I think it's EXACTLY what WW needs, a dark gritty superhero that's more dark knight and less ****** green lantern or avengers. There's a lot of fun build-up in all the Trevor, Lord, Candy relationships etc.

I read the Joss Whedon one, which I CAN'T disclose anything about sadly. But this is a strong one. good writing.

RE: the PR thing yes, its super dark, but what got me excited when I read it is because I think it's EXACTLY what WW needs, a dark gritty superhero that's more dark knight and less ****** green lantern or avengers. There's a lot of fun build-up in all the Trevor, Lord, Candy relationships etc.

Thanks for all the info. It's actually just nice to hear another WW story, even if nothing comes of it.

It sure seems quick though, how it ties into Man of Steel when that hasn't been out for very long.

Thanks for all the info. It's actually just nice to hear another WW story, even if nothing comes of it.

It sure seems quick though, how it ties into Man of Steel when that hasn't been out for very long.

Yeah, same camp of writers, relatively at least.

But Willi Berg, if you ever have any other questions about vague plot, im always happy to disclose. It just makes my job easier. Love getting second opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"