Worried About X3? Post Your Misgivings Here

Mr Lex Luthor said:
Meh.

I feel really confident about this movie. That's a good sign. This movie will definitely do well. It'll break every single box office records. It'll crush The Da Vinci Code and other movies released in the following weeks.

Okay, now I'm going too far with the "break every single box office records". :p

But I would very surprised if it's in the top 3 of best movies in 2006 and the top box office. Finger crossed! ;) I'm feeling VERY optimistic.

I'll never understand you, guys. Seriously.

We're not getting a dime out of its profit, and, still, you keep talking about boxoffice as if it was the main thing.

FF had a huge boxoffice and it is that crap.

I don't care about boxoffice, I just want to see a great movie, that will do justice to the characters and to all the years of great comicbook writing.

Isn't it THE important thing, or am I missing something here?

Mr Sensitive said:
I'll never understand you, guys. Seriously.

We're not getting a dime out of its profit, and, still, you keep talking about boxoffice as if it was the main thing.

FF had a huge boxoffice and it is that crap.

I don't care about boxoffice, I just want to see a great movie, that will do justice to the characters and to all the years of great comicbook writing.

Isn't it THE important thing, or am I missing something here?
Your missing something.:D

I will honestly not watch this movie if they kill off cyclops. Seriously.

It just represents a culmination of examples where Scott Summers has been Screwed over in the movies. In the movies, he's nothing more than a foil for wolverine, so he can look badass when he puts scott down or flirts with his girl. They've screwed up his Character so damn much.

In X1, instead of defining him as a character in his own right, he's simply the guy logan dosent like. or Jeans boyfriend thats in the way of logan and jean getting together. His relationship with Jean comes off as cold and distant in this movie, which gets a smidge better in the second one.

In X2, Cyclops gets a 2 second fight scene, which James Marsden had to ask for, by the way. And most of that fight is obscured just so they can focus on deathstrike getting up. After he gets knocked out, hes gone for most of the movie, just so logan can get his pathetic attempt at hooking up with jean grey. At this point, with the way they've mishandled everything cyclops, i'm surprised jean turned logan down. When Cyclops does come back, he does nothing, except have a fight with jean thats pretty much meaningless, looks like a fool when he offers to blast down the "Dark Cerebro" room, and jean has to tell him it'll kill everyone inside. And when he gets his dramatic moment at the end....The camera focuses on Logan...blubbering and saying "She's Gone"

Which brings us to X3...Where, he'll probably die in the first thirty minutes, or...he's believed to be dead, and magically comes back, because Fox and the writers suddenly give a damn about the character. And if thats not the worst part, Logan seemingly takes his role in the Dark Phoenix saga. So, even if he dies or "Dies" and comes back, hes basically written out of most of the movie, again, with logan and storm replacing his roles and duties on the team and with jean, so their big franchise players can be appeased(NOT saying its the actors faults).

The Film makers never cared about Cyclops in his own right. Storm fans are lucky that a star like Halle is playing her and Brett loves halle, otherwise she wouldve been cardboard like in the other films. Everyone says "ohhh, its a war, people are supposed to die". Yawn. Of course you can say that when your favorite character has gotten the shaft for two movies, and dies in a movie where hes supposed to have an important role. You can say "You shouldnt boycott a movie just cause ONE character dies", all you want, thats exactly what I'm doing.

I just can't accept the way it looks when Beast lands and when Angel lands.
It looks completely cheesy. Some have said that it is still a rough cut, and that those scenes hopefully will not be in the movie. But, you gotta wonder about their eye for effects, to even allow that garbage into the trailer.

Garbage? A little harsh. It thought Angel's landing was very nice

radren said:
I just can't accept the way it looks when Beast lands and when Angel lands.
It looks completely cheesy. Some have said that it is still a rough cut, and that those scenes hopefully will not be in the movie. But, you gotta wonder about their eye for effects, to even allow that garbage into the trailer.

Harsh is right! For one the FX aren't totally finished, secondly - we don't actually see either of them land, feet on the ground and thirdly - there's only so many ways you can land from a jump or(not that I'd know!) flight!! I thought Angel's flight looked ace and Beast looked great leaping too!

Storm22 said:
Harsh is right! For one the FX aren't totally finished, secondly - we don't actually see either of them land, feet on the ground and thirdly - there's only so many ways you can land from a jump or(not that I'd know!) flight!! I thought Angel's flight looked ace and Beast looked great leaping too!
I have to admit that in the Beast leap it is pretty clear that he is sliding from a bungy cord (or whatever those things are called) but I think Angel looks astonishing in his flight.

The Batman said:
Well then you obviously aren't an X-Men fan.

Maybe you could sit and wait for the Cyclops movie that will never happen.

The Batman said:
You can say "You shouldnt boycott a movie just cause ONE character dies", all you want, thats exactly what I'm doing.

According to my Naysayer Theory:

Naysayer: You can say "You shouldnt boycott a movie just cause ONE character dies", all you want, thats exactly what I'm doing.
Expect: You to be there opening night. :eek:

Avalanche said:

Or maybe you can **** and stop making presumptions like "You're not a ture X-Men Fanzzz!!!!"

PhoenixRisen said:
According to my Naysayer Theory:

Naysayer: You can say "You shouldnt boycott a movie just cause ONE character dies", all you want, thats exactly what I'm doing.
Expect: You to be there opening night. :eek:

Because you know without a doubt that i'll see the movie? Do you have some special power that allows to see what everyones doing? Oh...you dont. Didnt think so.

The Batman said:

It just represents a culmination of examples where Scott Summers has been Screwed over in the movies. In the movies, he's nothing more than a foil for wolverine, so he can look badass when he puts scott down or flirts with his girl. They've screwed up his Character so damn much.

In X1, instead of defining him as a character in his own right, he's simply the guy logan dosent like. or Jeans boyfriend thats in the way of logan and jean getting together. His relationship with Jean comes off as cold and distant in this movie, which gets a smidge better in the second one.

In X2, Cyclops gets a 2 second fight scene, which James Marsden had to ask for, by the way. And most of that fight is obscured just so they can focus on deathstrike getting up. After he gets knocked out, hes gone for most of the movie, just so logan can get his pathetic attempt at hooking up with jean grey. At this point, with the way they've mishandled everything cyclops, i'm surprised jean turned logan down. When Cyclops does come back, he does nothing, except have a fight with jean thats pretty much meaningless, looks like a fool when he offers to blast down the "Dark Cerebro" room, and jean has to tell him it'll kill everyone inside. And when he gets his dramatic moment at the end....The camera focuses on Logan...blubbering and saying "She's Gone"

Which brings us to X3...Where, he'll probably die in the first thirty minutes, or...he's believed to be dead, and magically comes back, because Fox and the writers suddenly give a damn about the character. And if thats not the worst part, Logan seemingly takes his role in the Dark Phoenix saga. So, even if he dies or "Dies" and comes back, hes basically written out of most of the movie, again, with logan and storm replacing his roles and duties on the team and with jean, so their big franchise players can be appeased(NOT saying its the actors faults).

The Film makers never cared about Cyclops in his own right. Storm fans are lucky that a star like Halle is playing her and Brett loves halle, otherwise she wouldve been cardboard like in the other films. Everyone says "ohhh, its a war, people are supposed to die". Yawn. Of course you can say that when your favorite character has gotten the shaft for two movies, and dies in a movie where hes supposed to have an important role. You can say "You shouldnt boycott a movie just cause ONE character dies", all you want, thats exactly what I'm doing.

I agree :up:

but ill still see the movie a couple times no doubt ;)

^^
I 100% agree Cyclops got the short end of the stick in these movies. I think part of the problem is his visor, he can't show his eyes to convey emotions in a quick visual way. In the comics, they can draw his facial expressions, gritting teeth, body language--and freeze frame it for us. But in the movies, it's harder to show feelings without the eyes.

PhoenixRisen said:
^^
I 100% agree Cyclops got the short end of the stick in these movies. I think part of the problem is his visor, he can't show his eyes to convey emotions in a quick visual way. In the comics, they can draw his facial expressions, gritting teeth, body language--and freeze frame it for us. But in the movies, it's harder to show feelings without the eyes.

wel thats definatly not the bulk of the problem, the problem is...Him not being IN THE MOVIES, lol. i think we got fine emotion from him in X2, seriously....hes the one that made ME cry at the end...to see cyke holding back tears at the whithouse was well done, you could really see the emotion, and i didnt think that was the problem.

He just needs to be in teh movies more, and james shulda complained like halle did, but i guess he was off filming that other movie...what was it called? :down

Im really going to miss cyclops in this one.....

Avalanche said:

Bull****. No true X-Men fan would support a movie that perverts the Dark Phoenix Saga like this piece of **** is doing.

Spidey 2007 said:
Im really going to miss cyclops in this one.....
I know. Me too. It's hard to imagine the Dark Phoenix saga without him there while she wreaks havok, with him going "NO, please, not this..." But I'm optimistic that the filmmakers will somehow handle it and give him enough emotional weight that his impact will be felt!! :)

Kurosawa said:
Bull****. No true X-Men fan would support a movie that perverts the Dark Phoenix Saga like this piece of **** is doing.

THus why we'll have a lower box office...and people cant get that into their heads.

PhoenixRisen said:
I know. Me too. It's hard to imagine the Dark Phoenix saga without him there while she wreaks havok, with him going "NO, please, not this..." But I'm optimistic that the filmmakers will somehow handle it and give him enough emotional weight that his impact will be felt!! :)

Probably not... lol

Spidey 2007 said:
THus why we'll have a lower box office...and people cant get that into their heads.

I'd love to see it bomb. I know it won't, (because most people are idiots) but I'd love to see that happen.

Spidey 2007 said:
Probably not... lol
I'm optimistic, we'll see! If I had MY way, we'd have Mastermind, Hellfire Club, Jean's gradual seduction...but that would require a miniseries. So far, I'm happy with the way they seem to be "condensing" the key elements. :)

I'd just wish they'd start over, IMO. Give each X-Men the role they're supposed to have. No cardboard Storm. A Cyclops that is actually there. A Logan thats not trying to be the "Hero" of the franchise. A Iceman that actually cracks jokes. And a proffesor thats not in a damn coma or kidnapped half the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"