The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Worse part of the movie?

spiderman2

Superhero
Reaction score
I love the movie don't agree with most of what is said about the movie but just wondering what dose ever one think is the worse part about this movie? To me it is the lack of uncle ben being talked about. The almost didn't even say any thing about him in the movie.

I need to be able to pick more than one reason why it sucked.

Good thing its not a "why it sucked" thread.

It's a worst part.

Worst

As in the one part of the movie that was worse than anything else.

One

Thing

Carry on with the DAE HATE DIZ MOVIE vibe though.

I was bothered by Peter's carelessness with his dual identity. Taking his mask off on the bridge and using his webshooters when building security cams could record him didn't seem like the actions of a genius.

One does not simply have Harry's introduction, his downward spiral into darkness, and his transformation into Goblin all in one film.

Despite DeHaan's acting (I thought he was the best actor in the film, possibly the series), Sony squandered an opportunity to make a great Harry Osborn, one that could have surpassed Franco's.

I don't think there's one singular worst element in this movie. There are many woeful ones.

One of them has got to be extra terrible, right, though?

Well, yes there is a lot of things wrong with this movie. But the single worst thing in my opinion was how they completely bastardized the character of Norman Osborn, the greatest of all Spider-Man foes. They completely ruined in him a way that I have never seen for a villain of his stature in a superhero film. Galactus might have been a lame cloud, but at least he was still a world destroying threat in terms of plot. Norman is nothing in this series, and they gave his character defining moment (killing Gwen) to somebody else completely. Even if they bring him back from the dead, it is too late to salvage him.

Fox's treatment of Cyclops and Deadpool was better than Webb's treatment of Norman. It still disgusts me.

Perfectly said. I'm surprised Norman isn't an option in this poll, but I would say the Osborns in general got cheated in this reboot. Now that I think about it, both Harry and Norman are their non-villain selves for a little more than a half hour in this entire series. Well, it depends if they do anything with Norman in the future, but it will most likely be in the form of him being a villain.

Not necessarily.There doesn't have to be one thing worse than everything else. Some movies have many equally most awful things.

The worst part of the movie was the scene that started after the trailers finished and ended right before the X-Men: DOFP scene.

Too much to choose from. All of it except for a couple of things like Emma as Gwen.

Good thing its not a "why it sucked" thread.

It's a worst part.

Worst

As in the one part of the movie that was worse than anything else.

One

Thing

Carry on with the DAE HATE DIZ MOVIE vibe though.
There are multiple worst parts.

Yes, but one of them can still be worst.

Sometimes I think you people disagree with us just to disagree.

In all seriousness, I think I can sum up the worst thing in 3 words:

Script and direction.

That's 2 but equally important. The script sucked and made no sense half the time and the direction with characters like Electro, Rhino, and also how to kill off Gwen were just bad.

Fix those 2 things and you could have a great film.

For me, it's not what is in the fiilm, but what was cut out from it. So much good footage and lines from the trailer that were taken out from the finalised cut.

I feel sorry for Webb, yes the film tonally is all over the place but it's not helped by the director not being allowed to have his own vision, the studio did not learn from Spiderman 3 in terms of their ham fisted meddling

I agree with several of the other posters, poor story. terrible casting as well as performances. It'd be a lot easier to say what I liked which obviously was the Peter & Gwen dynamic.

I voted for Other. Namely because the main problem with this movie is the script. All the issues, tonal inconsistencies, bad character development, lack of focus with the story and plot, cringe worthy dialogue (in some parts) can all be sourced back to the work done on the script.

I voted 'cheesy'. Though I specifically mean the 'web hand' that unfurls from Spidey's web-line. Regardless of all the other missteps, Harry/Goblin etc, I thought the Gwen & Peter/Emma & Andrew storyline/dynamic was fairly strong and the scene were they [blackout]killed Gwen[/blackout] was handled well for the most part, but that particular brand of cheesyness just punches a hole right through it.

The movie is all over the place and not much of it really blends well together. To me it really hurts the film when it interrupts the movie at its best moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"