Worse Villains: Suicide Squad vs TASM 2

Spider-Aziz

Dummy Dragon Holo
Reaction score
Certain news and so many vs threads inspired this. @Spider-Fan and @The Joker ;I know we don't need these kinds of threads, so I'm sorry, but they are getting kinda fun.

enchantressheader-190371-1280x0.jpg

Enchantress

maxresdefault.jpg

Leto's Joker

@samsnee, this is one Joker performance you can compare Electro's to :oldrazz:

jamie-foxx-electro-the-amazing-spider-man-2.jpg

Electro
"You talked to me, you respek me", "You don't remember me?", "IT'S MY BIRTHDAY"

Dane-DeHaan-as-The-Green-Goblin-in-The-Amazing-Spider-Man-2.jpg

Half Goblin/Half Troll on Meth

name inspired by a certain member I can't call now

maxresdefault.jpg

Rhino

Rank them in order from the most cringe inducing to the least cringe inducing, have your fun...

and I'm sorry if I fuel some nightmares.

Okay, when you say "worse " do you mean "more evil" or " poorly done" ?

When it comes to being more evil, Joker always wins.

However, if it's about which characters were better done, I'd say TASM 2 wins hands down.

True, Electro was not great, and Green Goblin was kind of shoehorned in but the Joker and Enchantress are just painful to watch. In fact I've tried hard to forget most of Suicide Squad, and they were parts of it I tried extra hard not to remember.

Enchantress was the worst. No character, I have no idea what the heck that jig thing she kept doing was, cliche as cliche gets, and just so boring. The rest suck too, but Enchantress is like....bottom 3 CBM villain ever.

The latter, which is why I closed to opening post asking about cringe.

Apologies, I was already cringing after seeing Leto as the Joker, and couldn't properly read the rest of your first post - so he's definitely the most cringe inducing.

Suicide Squad for the simple fact they took one of comic book's greatest villains and destroyed him.

This comparison thread doesn't bother me, because it makes some sense. Its an apt comparison. Both took a very popular comic book character's villain roster and butchered them.

I don't know. I don't think anyone can beat Giamatti's Rhino in pure cringe. The difference is he's not such an iconic villain and that he's a bit over the top in the source material too. Plus he was barely in the movie so it doesn't bother as much in comparison.

Leto's awful performance and characterisation coming after Ledger's superb one and after overhyping himself with supposed method acting is surely something that hurts more.

Elektro was a discount Riddler from Batman Forever, in an era that takes superhero movies far more seriously and he was depicted in a far more inconsistent tone, but he didn't bother me as much as the rest did.

Enchantress was a complete void. You could put a bamboo palm plant in her place and it would make no difference to the movie whatsoever.

Green Goblin is top 3 most quintessential Spider-Man villains and they completely destroyed him, too. Not only they introduced Norman Osborn just to kill him off screen three minutes later, but they didn't offer any build-up or plausible motives for Harry to become evil, either. The design was one of the worst I've seen in any comic book movie.

It's overall a tie for me. Though Suicide Squad is a much worse movie as a whole. And I thought The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was trash.

Suicide Squad for the simple fact they took one of comic book's greatest villains and destroyed him.

This comparison thread doesn't bother me, because it makes some sense. Its an apt comparison. Both took a very popular comic book character's villain roster and butchered them.

This.

Apologies, I was already cringing after seeing Leto as the Joker, and couldn't properly read the rest of your first post - so he's definitely the most cringe inducing.
Understandable.

Good to know. :up:

So did ASM2 with the Green Goblin though.
His cheap and early off-screen death at least spared him speaking some meme material crap, like "HUNKA HUNKA", "It's my birthday", "MARTHA, WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?", "YOU'RE A FRAUD, SPIDER-MAN" (I personally have no issue with this line), and "I'm gonna show you my toys".

And he didn't suffer through some poor editing, awful color game glitch like shots, and backhanded off-screen/on-screen love development, tattoos all over his body, wearing that incomplete goblin suit with bleh make-up, teeth falling off, metal braces for teeth.....

It's a shame Chris Cooper didn't get better material to work with, after seeing one of his scenes in that Muppets movie from 2011, I thought he has it in him to make a good Green Goblin.

ASM 2 had god awful villain's, I'd take Suicide Squad all day over how ASM 2 handled theirs. Rhino, embarrassing, Electro, embarrassing, Norman, wasted, Harry and GG (I quite liked but still awful in comparison), plus I like Leto as Joker wayyyy more than most.

While Joker wasn't great by any means, he wasn't even the worst villain in the movie. Enchantress was much worse. More people focus on Joker due to the character's popularity, but Enchantress was like...one of the worst things ever.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 was terrible but somewhere buried under all the goofy overacting and bad one liners, I think there was a nugget of a good idea in making Electro a twisted reflection of Peter Parker. They just screwed up the execution.

Enchantress I have no idea what the hell they were even going for.

Why did none of you like Enchantress doing her impression of Bugs Bunny hola dancing evil plan and kissing people to make them mindless minions? Soldiers who weren't sliced by her were walking in line to be her voluntary mindless ones when she wasn't dancing in ritual around the machine she empowers to take vengeance on machine worshiping humans.

Classic outstanding villainy 101, so good it makes me embarrassed I like Doctor Doom in the Tim Storey movies.

Definitely TASM2. It screwed up 2 villains, Gobby Jr. and Rhino, and the film didn't need either one.

I really liked Enchantress, and I didn't mind Leto's Joker all that much. I just wish WB execs wouldn't have freaked out so we could have seen the proper dynamic between Joker and Harley.

A lot of people are probably going to think I'm completely crazy, but...:

1. Green Goblin - I actually liked him. I think he could be done better - and he definitely didn't need to be in the movie - but he was genuinely creepy in a way nothing else in a Spider-man movie ever had been.

2. Enchantress - Again, I like her. No, not the dancing or the stupid skybeam plot. But at the beginning of the movie, before the pointless and self-defeating egyptian makeover, her look, her movements, her facial expressions, her whole attitude (and especially that cool shot with the hands) that was supervillain gold. It's a shame they didn't continue that for the rest of the movie.

3. Joker - Also kind of liked him. Not my favorite Joker, but I thought it was perfectly interesting and fun as a sort of modern gangster inspired reimagining of the character.

4. Incubus - Totally neutral void. Barely even remember him.

5. Rhino - Absolute, utter, complete, unwatchable ****.

6. Electro - Reducing Jamie Foxx to Revenge of the Nerds the Supervillain? No. Utterly and completely unnacceptable. Also, just as cliched and dumb as any other character on this list and 100 times as boring, plus that ear-splitting soundtrack put to him was an actual assault on the audience.

Suicide Squad has the better villains overall. By far.

Enchantress was the worst.

Electro really ticked me off, because I like Jamie Fox a lot, but they abused his character only to make him a cheap evil guy. They should’ve redeemed him after all they put him through. He wasn’t a Riddler knock-off as some say, because Carey’s Riddler was already a psycho at the beginning of Forever. ASM 2’s Electro was a genuine good guy at the beginning of the film and was treated like trash by everyone. Heck, I was rooting for him to take everyone down by the end.

Leto Joker was what he was. It was just a bad take on the character, but part of me respects that they tried something different. They swung for the fences and whiffed in colossal fashion.

Enchantress was the worst.

Electro really ticked me off, because I like Jamie Fox a lot, but they abused his character only to make him a cheap evil guy. They should’ve redeemed him after all they put him through. He wasn’t a Riddler knock-off as some say, because Carey’s Riddler was already a psycho at the beginning of Forever. ASM 2’s Electro was a genuine good guy at the beginning of the film and was treated like trash by everyone. Heck, I was rooting for him to take everyone down by the end.

Leto Joker was what he was. It was just a bad take on the character, but part of me respects that they tried something different. They swung for the fences and whiffed in colossal fashion.

You remind me of a bad undercurrent in the TASM movies ( and other poor quality superhero films ): powers are only for the 'chosen'. If you aren't somehow specially chosen by destiny, you don't "deserve" superpowers, and any that you do acquire will be evil powers that cause nothing but harm to yourself and others, if not outright making you a villain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"