Worse Villains: Suicide Squad vs TASM 2

While Joker wasn't great by any means, he wasn't even the worst villain in the movie. Enchantress was much worse. More people focus on Joker due to the character's popularity, but Enchantress was like...one of the worst things ever.
I find Enchantress harmless overall. She's terrible, but also there isn't much there to really complain about if that makes sense? Awful, placeholder villain with a funny dance, nothing to write home about. Every second Leto is on the screen in Suicide Squad is a special kind of bad imo.

A lot of people are probably going to think I'm completely crazy, but...:
2. Enchantress - Again, I like her. No, not the dancing or the stupid skybeam plot. But at the beginning of the movie, before the pointless and self-defeating egyptian makeover, her look, her movements, her facial expressions, her whole attitude (and especially that cool shot with the hands) that was supervillain gold. It's a shame they didn't continue that for the rest of the movie.

I thought her motivation made sense. She was an ancient, malevolent being who was offended by a modern world where the fear and awe for beings like her were things of the past. Her visuals were delightfully creepy, including her transformation of people into the Eyes of the Adversary. I really dug that old school horror vibe that she had.

And, regarding the Enchantress. . . honestly, I think she's a good villain, buried under a bad plot that then got terribly edited into something as uninteresting as possible. But then, I still believe that the original plot of Suicide Squad was "Enchantress tries to escape control of Waller, is hunted by both the Squad to return her to control and the Joker who wants to steal control of her," without any actual 'fate of the world' elements at all.

I really enjoyed Suicide Squad, I don't think it it as bad as everyone thinks.

A.Spider-Man 2 though, i laugh when I see Rhyno said " I am a killeeerrr!!" Hahaha :D and also that final sequence, Rhyno is funny in the movie.

Worst? Of the options presented, Rhino is the worst. He’s not even a character. Not really. Just a noisy, ugly effect to bookend a crap movie with.
This is especially egregious given that they cast an incredible actor to play him ... for some reason.

Enchantress is bad, no two ways about it, but at least she’s present in the movie she’s Villaining for.
I remember her. Which is more than I can say for a lot of Suicide Squad.

ASM2’s Goblin? Yeah, when he turns up at the end there he’s awful. Absolutely atrocious. But before that Dane DeHaan had managed to do a decent job of actually characterising that version of Harry. Could’ve been worse. I guess?

Electro.
I ... I actually kind of get Foxx’s Electro. In a more old school ‘90s-style comic book movie he would’ve been amazing! He was just a bit late to the party is all.

Joker.
Here’s the thing about Jared Leto’s Joker: I can’t comment on it.
Or at least, I don’t feel comfortable commenting on it. The reason for that is because literally every other actor who played the role got to actually play the role. They had entire movies/episodes to introduce and develop their interpretations.
Leto had - for tedious studio reasons entirely outside his control - like, 10 minutes.
That’s it.

Sorry, but I really don’t think that’s fair at all. So - at least until the snydercut - I’m still refraining from judgement.

Last edited:
Hmm, well all the characters in Suicide Squad are villains, including Amanda Waller. The big bad is particularly awful though, one of the worst movie villains of all time.

So, TASM 2 takes this pretty handily , not by having good villains but by having mediocre rather than awful villains.

Cheers

Heh, I think the correct answer is none of these... the worst villain in these two films is Incubus, Enchantress’ stupid brother. He was so forgettable that the OP didn’t even include him! :D

In all seriousness though... it’s hard to pick one. Enchantress is just there to look somewhere between grimy and sexy, the Joker and Rhino aren’t in their movies enough to make impressions, Harry is okay IMO but looks terrible when he makes his Goblin transition (still better than Franco in Motogross gear though), and Electro just feels like a leftover from the Schumacher Batman movies (“I was a nerd... then I fell into a vat of something and it made me EVILLLLL!”).

Suicide Squad is wall-to-wall awful and its half-assed villains are the worst part. TASM2 might give me Schumacher flashbacks but there's at least some fun to be had in three great actors doing borderline pantomime.

Yeah even though ASM2 is a bad movie I at least liked Peter and Gwen in it. That’s more than I can say for any of the A-holes in Suicide Squad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"