Worst business decisions ever.

CastletonSnob

Civilian
Reaction score
What are the worst business decisions you've ever seen?

Blockbuster passing on Netflix has to be up there.

The Shark Tank people passing on the Ring.

Pretty much all of WB's business plans in the last couple of years. Some might even argue for the last decade or so.

How's this one? Way back when the internet was starting to take off, I had my own business repairing, building, and selling personal computer systems. I had the domain "cloudcomputing.com". When I got really involved in doing union work, I didn't have time to keep my business going the way I wanted to so I gave up the domain.

EDIT: I think Dell owns it now......their company is a little bit bigger than mine was.:funny:

Remember excite? Way back when they could’ve bought Google for les than a million but passed. I think it was about 750k

What about Sony??!! In 1998 they could’ve had every marvel character for $25 mil!! They said “nah we good with spidey!! Here’s your 7mil”!!! D’oh

Do you remember the rumors about Walgreens Rite aid buyout possibility to go under? I'm talking about this huge speculation. Now I know that even such respectful sources are not always right. Where do you read information before investing anywhere?

Last edited:
Marvel giving Sony the right to make infinite Spider-man movies.

Inadvertent yet infamous one: Jump to 8:00

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"