Worst Comic Book Movies of the Decade (2010-2019)

Discussion in 'Misc. Comics Films' started by Spider-Aziz, Oct 10, 2019.

?

Choose the Ones You Find the Most Detestable

1. Most DCEU Movies 2016-2017 (not counting Wonder Woman in this choice)

60.0%
  2. Either one or both of the Ninja Turtles Movies

5.0%
  3. The Manga Based Stuff (Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist, maybe others)

5.0%
  4. Any or all of the Bad - mediocre Fox made Marvel Movies

20.0%
  5. Hellboy

10.0%
  6. Other Independent Based CBMs (Green Hornet, Frankenstein, Conan the Barbarian)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Fant4stic (this one has enough hate to deserve its own choice)

50.0%
  8. Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance (and other Sony movies if you want to include them)

20.0%
  9. Other (Write below)

10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

The snyder Cut is probably worse than what we got in theaters. But who knows it might complete the trinity of the really terrible Dceu films (Bvs, Ss).... it probably will. The trailer for Snyder Cut is terrible and just what I expect from Zack Snyder.

2. Triklops1975 Registered

I forgot to add Apocalypse... what a massive disappointment :down

3. Deck Rickard Dovahkiin

But it's for grown-ups. :hehe:

4. Batmannerism Super-unknown

Yeah, I scratch my head when people seem to think that Zack Snyder's true vision for JL is going to make it better. Man of Steel is the best of his DCEU films, and had the influence of Nolan and Goyer to temper his complete lack of understanding of the characters.
    B v S has none of MoS's redeeming features and all of its faults and more - which correlates with Snyder having greater creative control.

So if giving Snyder greater scope to execute his vision seems to make for worse movies, why do some folks think " Oh yeah,we need more Snyder that's going to totally fix the movie " ? I just don't get it. It's like getting indigestion from a mild curry and trying to ease it by eating a much spicier one.

5. Deck Rickard Dovahkiin

Seriously. The theatrical version of JL was a dumpster fire but one of the few things I DID like in it was how Superman acted (at least at the end, when he's "himself" again). Weird mouth aside, he was confident, charismatic and charming, three things he absolutely WASN'T in BvS. So yeah, I'm really looking forward to Snyder's version of JL, in which Supes presumably goes back and forth between being a mopey mute and a full blown psycho cult leader who wants to burn people alive.

Spider-Aziz and Batmannerism like this.
  6. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I mean, I'm sure you already know the answer: because for the hardcore Snyder fan, those flaws aren't flaws at all. A Superman that does not act in any recognizable way like Superman, is what they want, because they *want* Superman to stop being like Superman. They don't want a pillar of virtue and compassion, they *want* Indifferent Power Fantasy Man.

Spider-Aziz and Batmannerism like this.
  7. Filmfreak Registered

Oh there are two thinks of which I'm certain in regards to the Snyder Cut and how it's going to be perceived, at least by me.
    1) It will be a better movie. We're at least talking about a single vision and not a Frankenstein monster of a film that reeks of studio interference while having a mixture of two completely different tones and styles of filmmaking.
    2) It won't be a good movie. All the problems that exist in the Snyder films are not going away. They're multiplying in this one. You can't change what doesn't work by adding more of it.
    I'm sure Snyder fans are going to love it. The rest of the world? I don't see it happening.

8. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

It was disappointing, but does that make it one of the worst? I don't think it is. Its worst offense is that its really not very memorable. But its not horribly bad.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  9. Batmannerism Super-unknown

Dude, isn't that the plot of "The Boys" ?

Spider-Aziz and Deck Rickard like this.
  10. thangaran Registered

Some say Snyder is as gifted and talented and visionary as Denis Villeneuve, at least that’s what some people say. I don’t think it’s necessarily true but Snyder has incredibly interesting ideas. I think he needs to mature more as a director to really explore them. It will be interesting to see him take on a much smaller non-comic or action. An art house film or something similar. I hope he does the Fountainhead, I am not Rand fan but I would like to see how he tackles this

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  11. Neil McCauley Registered

I think that Snyder is overall good director, albeit very inconsistent.

JL and Sucker Punch are straight up garbage and I honestly liked a bit of BvS.

MoS and Watchmen are solid and great films meanwhile 300 is ok. Haven't seen the zombie one. I think that his JL will be more flawed than that garbage Whedon cut but still not great, but it’s worth a watch:

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  12. Spider-Aziz Spelunking

I think Zack is pretty good as a director, but he makes the mistake of directing shoddy scripts.

I am interested in watching his Justice League, I bet it will be worse, but at least a consistent vision with less red sky is a good start in my view.

Batmannerism likes this.
  13. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Eh, I would argue its not bad luck in scripts. Rather, its that Snyder isn't a good director so much as a good *cinematographer*. He has an excellent eye for visuals, but directing is about storytelling more than camera work. And Snyder's skill as a storyteller is nowhere near as good as he *thinks* it is.

14. henzINNIT Registered

Fan4stic has the crown. Bad movie, bad production, bad reception. The holy trinity of awful. The fact that Simon Kinberg continued to elevate his position at Fox after this is baffling.

BvS was probably my worst viewing experience. Watching that in a cinema was just oppressive, stupid and miserable.

X-Men: Apocalypse was the biggest disappointment after thoroughly enjoying DOFP. That said, there were plenty of signs leading up to release which softened the blow, and I think there are good moments in there, better than a lot of the competition here.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  15. Spider-Aziz Spelunking

So what I gather from this thread and all the recent succession of 'Movie vs Movie' threads is that these are the most despised of the bunch, with the worst topping the list:

1. Fant4stic
    2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
    3. Batman V Superman

And I'm not sure whether Justice League should or should not be squeezed somewhere in that list, but I guess it is more disappointing than Dark Phoenix.