Worst Comic-Movie Supervillain

Fenryr said:
Gotta side with Cconn. Farrell, despite some of the worst lines in the movie, did a damn good job as Bullseye, and I hate everything else he and his eyebrow have ever done. As for Stormare, he wasn't really the villain, and the fact that he was so casual with Constantine made me like him that much more. He took personal joy in seeing to it that John's life was miserable, and that's something to fear.

I agree completely on both points. DD kinda stunk but it was at least entertaining when Farrell on screen. His eybrow should team up with the Rock's eyebrow for a buddy picture.

How can you guys miss Michael Clarke Duncan?! He was a bad choice for the Kingpin; not because of his race but because he was always smiling and jovial.

mptv1.gif

Hmm, so many to choose from. I would have to give a multiple tie for every villian from Batman Forever and Batman and Robin.

Treat Williams is the brother of my highschool guidance counsoler, Lynn Williams

Without a doubt it was Riddler. The Riddler is supposed to be all about deadly questions and mysterys, not a bad clone of the Joker, portrayed by a too funny Jim Carey (no disrespect to him, but just a poor casting choice) who acted like the mad hater from the animated series to boot.

Also, Bane was so Fing horrible, that I actually walked out of the theatre before the movie was over. Bane was one of the greats in my opinion, I mean breaking into arkham and releasing everyone was genius. But he was relegated to lackey, and not at all intelligent. Hopefully the new Batman gets both these guys right.

im just enjoying how many of these characters come from joel schumacher

Dr. Doom got brutalized, as did Two Face, Bane and...
Lex Luthor.
Every time I watch Superman: The Movie or Superman II, I'm tempted to fast forward through the Luthor scenes because they're just so camp and cheesy. Luthor is an evil genius, and he certainly has an ego, but he doesn't just walk around in underground lairs - he's a friggin businessman! Show him running a company or something!

The Fonz said:
How can you guys miss Michael Clarke Duncan?! He was a bad choice for the Kingpin; not because of his race but because he was always smiling and jovial.

mptv1.gif

I thought MCD was an okay choice for Kingpin. I didn't think he was too jovial. To me, it came off as being more laid back, like he was a predator toying with his prey.

I wish they could do a redux of DD, and bring MCD back but let him be the central villian. That might be better.

There was too much going on in DD for him to really stand out and take center stage. Bullseye should've been saved for the second movie. So should Elektra's death. Setting up the third movie to be about Elektra's resurrection.

DarKush said:
I thought MCD was an okay choice for Kingpin. I didn't think he was too jovial. To me, it came off as being more laid back, like he was a predator toying with his prey.

I wish they could do a redux of DD, and bring MCD back but let him be the central villian. That might be better.

There was too much going on in DD for him to really stand out and take center stage. Bullseye should've been saved for the second movie. So should Elektra's death. Setting up the third movie to be about Elektra's resurrection.

They crammed 4 or 5 hours of movie into 90 minutes. :(

The Fonz said:

mptv1.gif

I may have to side with you. Physically, they couldn't have gotten a better person, but Duncan's problem in that role...he's just too likeable. He's big, but that guy just comes off as a pussycat. He gives off too much of a "nice guy" vibe for KingPin. But that has to be such a hard part to cast for.

It didn't help that our iintroduction to the most dangerous man in NY's organized crime came accompanied not by a dramatic score, but an N.E.R.D. song that begins with "I'm a dirty dog!" :rolleyes:

Mr.Freeze...

The Penguin was brilliant. Tim Burton took a character who, in the comics up to that point, was boring. The transition to a darker, more sinister character was perhaps the best take on the character I've ever seen. They portrayed him to the point where he had crazy methods but wasn't neccisarily insane. They stayed true to his birth origin, and IMO improved on his underworld origin. Tim Burton's Penguin was one of the best written supervillians I've ever seen. bad place, at times, he was a damn poet. That's what's so special about the Burton batfilms. The villian dialogue was brilliant in both movies, but especially in the Penguins case. He was a man born into everything, but who ultimately came from nothing, and still managed to educate himself to the point that he could run a small underworld faction and Gotham city at the same time. And let's not even get started on the performance. NO ONE will ever top Danny Devito as the penguin. Granted they are probably going to make him similar to his current comic form in future films. But Danny Devito pulled off, to me, a top three villian performance ever.

Oh, and I really liked David Banner. He was pretty damn creepy. bad place I liked the whole Hulk movie!

Kaboom said:
im just enjoying how many of these characters come from joel schumacher

:(

I can't order them, b/c some days I hate more than others. But......

Two Face - His apartment was split down the middle. Nuff said...

Riddler - Jim Carey was the perfect choice, but the writers screwed him in the ash. I respect the aim for the Frank Gorshin look, but damn man, Sparkles? They could have just put him in the damn green business suit. Also the red hair was the biggest physical abomination to ever dishonor a supervillian.

Mr. Freeze - I loved the suit. But they just had to screw it up. Arnold sucked. The writing sucked. The movie sucked.

Poison Ivy - Now Uma is hot, especially w/ red hair, and would have made a great PI. But, yet again, the writers:mad: .

Bane - Won't even go there.

Kingpin - co2 hit the nail on the head. MCD is just too damn nice and likeable to be believed.

Dr. Doom - No accent. No origin. No......... real presence.

Stryker - They could have easily made his role a Mr. Sinister type role. He was a waste in my opinion.

Sabretooth - They spent damn near the entire focus of the franchise on Logan, yet Sabretooth was basically non existant.

Gambit - Yeah, I know he wasn't in any of the movies. And that is exactly my point.

There's more, I'll do them later.

Eh, Burton's Penguin was certainly interesting, but I much prefer his role now as a high-class would-be Kingpin.

no way should satan from constantine be in there. *disgust* skeletor from masters of the universe surely?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"