Worst Genre of Film ? ? ?

Wilhelm-Scream said:
yer mad, man.
That distinction goes to "Christmas Comedy", like the Santa Clause, and that one with Ben Awffleck, and that one with Jamie Lee Curtis, etc.
Ah, yes. The sickeningly sweet christmas family-comedy. Makes me wanna have an insulin shot after watching one.

Hey, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation was hysterical!

Most chick flicks, with the exception of Terms Of Endearment and Steel Magnolias, are cheesy and manipulative.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
yer mad, man.
That distinction goes to "Christmas Comedy", like the Santa Clause, and that one with Ben Awffleck, and that one with Jamie Lee Curtis, etc.
I just tie those into the horror genre...along with "Date movies."

Musicals.

Crappy music, crappy dancing, and crappy acting.

punishermax said:
Musicals.

Crappy music, crappy dancing, and crappy acting.
I thought Moulin Rouge, Chicago and Phantom of the Opera were good.

Musicals and Horror are my two least favorites. I just dont get horror films, i guess. they're not scary... so what's the point? There are a few good classic horror films, but for the most part they all suck. in fact, some suck so bad that they're great. Phantasm series anyone? Also, Gingerdead Man (Gary Busey is a murderer who comes back to life as a giant gingerbread man and kills people. Genius!).

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Musicals = If I was in an alternate universe where I was lame enough to be violent, and if I was extra-lame enough to go Columbine...I'd go Columbine in a theater on opening night at a musical.
study this truth...ALL MUSICALS SUCK PALE HAIRY ASS.

Normally I'd agree with you, but I just recently watched Hedwig and the Angry Inch, which was based on a musical play, is a musical, and was amazing.

In case you've never heard about it, it's about a transexual who's operation went wrong (thus he's left with a one inch stub; his angry inch) who is also the lead singer of an East Berlin rock band.

Rent it. :up:

The worst genre of movies HAS to be the movies that are based from a comic book.

With some exceptions, most movies based on comic books tend to be crap.

Westerns and Sport Movies...

I hate musicals and romantic comedies/chich flics (especially the ones geared towards teenage girls). I don't like Horror films much either.

Horror films have sucked for so many years. Eli Roth is just yet another layer of crap :(

1-I HATE horror movies that rely on gore, guts and blood rather than actual suspense to "scare" the audience. They are not scary, they're just disgusting.

On that aspect, Eli Roth, Rob Zombie and Leigh Wannell are several layers of crap, forming one multi-layered ball of turd.

Give me John Carpenter's "fear of which you cannot see" any day of the week.

2-Romantic comedies are fine, if they are actually funny.

For example, most movies starring LIndsay Lohan or Hillary Duff are NOT funny.

3-Musicals are stupid and annoying. Why would a normal person pause whatever the hell he is doing and burst into singing? It makes no sense.

What's the reason "Corpse Bride" was so weak.

Western, Horror movies, Musicles, Romantic comedies and Sport movies (except Rocky).

I just hate those martial arts movies, like kickboxer 18 or something... But I enjoy the ass kicking if done properly

I kinda live musicals. Not sure if it is for the songs, ot the fact that I find funny that people start singing for no reason at all :p

Hard to pick one genre when most movies today are crap. Horror movies for example was a favourite genre when I was younger, but today I just loathe all the remakes and sequels Hollywood are spewing out. But perhaps the worst genre for me is musicals. For some reason I just can't stand people starting to sing in movies (which is maybe why I never cared about Disney's movies), unless it's done in a funny way, like in some Mel Brooks movies

SENTIMENTAL ANIMAL MOVIES

ie: BABE, LASSIE etc.

All genres stated above can have at least cult followings due to their crapness, however animal movies should be put down. STAT!

What about alien invasion movies?

It's a genre so worn out, it's becoming a cliche.

Seriously, "War of the Worlds" was Spielberg mashing together "Signs" and "Independence Day" to make your standard alien invasion movie.

thealiasman2000 said:
On that aspect, Eli Roth, Rob Zombie and Leigh Wannell are several layers of crap, forming one multi-layered ball of turd.

Zombie doesn't rely on gore(atleast not with TDR). There were some great character archs in the film for those looking hard enough to see them, and the violence in the hotel scenes, as well as the films finale were a part of it; Whannell's not a director, and the SAW films don't rely specifically on gore either. The most disturbing scene in SAW II was the needle pit, which didn't even involve blood, and the foot being cut off in the first films ending wasn't even actually shown; plus both films have a message to them, again, for those looking hard enough to see it. They aren't all about violence and could've been more violent considering the subject matter.

Roth I can't argue with, he's a disgrace to the genre, although reliance on gore is the least of what's wrong with his films. He has no clue how to write decent dialogue/characters/stories... he writes all his characters like himself; vulgar, horny, immature, drunken, drug abusive jackasses. As much as he loves gore, he can't even get that right, the gore effects in Hostel looked about as realistic as plastic and rubber, not to mention his excessively out of place overuse of T&A.

I loathe slasher films, (except Psycho but its arguable if it even counts as slasher). And I find all sports movies, even if they are good like Million Dollar Baby, to be way too cliched and predictable. Any sex comedy pandered to kids on the verge of hitting puberty.

I'm a big fan of the Spaghetti Western genre. I can' see how anybody couldn't be. It's too bloody cool. :)

Anyway, propaganda films in disguise annoy me to no end. Films like Sign that're essentially made to promote family togetherness and the power of prayer(thank you Father Gibson) whilst pretending to be a movie about aliens and crop circles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"