Iron Man - 9/10
The Avengers - 8/10
Thor - 7/10
Captain America: The First Avenger - 7/10
The Incredible Hulk - 6/10
Iron Man 3 - 6/10
Iron Man 2 - 6/10

Last edited:
IM3, IM2, & Thor were less entertaining movies For me .
IM3 was huge let down after Avengers success .

Captain America is the weakest of a very good group of films

Captain America is much more entertaining than IM 2 or TIH, Red Skull was a good villain who was underused. The relationships all worked and it had a very Indiana Jones vibe, and it didn't have overly long boring parts like those other movies. It was easily better. Thor was more or less following Thor's origin story, the Earth scenes NEEDED to be there, and the fish out of water humor really worked for me.

I have to go with Incredible Hulk, which is an entertaining action film but the story and performances (other than Roth and Nelson) were somewhat lacking. Norton was better than Bana, but worse than Ruffalo. Hurt and Tyler were both worse than their counterparts in the previous film.

Like I said, it is good action popcorn film, but little else. Iron Man 2 is much the same, but the performances across the board in IM2 were much better and there is at least some uniqueness to it. The sequence imitating the Howard Hughes/Pan-Am hearings was far more clever than anything in TIH.

I think all the Marvel Studios films have been good, but TIH has the least going for it.

My rankings:

1. Iron Man 8/10
2. The Avengers 8/10
3. Captain America: The First Avenger 7/10
4. Iron Man 3 7/10
5. Thor 7/10
6. Iron Man 2 6/10
7. The Incredible Hulk 6/10

Last edited:
I actually thought Norton was better than Ruffalo. I thought TIH showed the beast aspect of Hulk well.

Avengers having more votes than Iron Man is very interesting, especially considering Avengers seems to be the best MCU movie to a lot of people. Again I knew this poll would throw up some interesting results, and as I havent done it yet, here are my rankings:

1)The Avengers 10/10
2)Thor 9/10
3)Iron Man 9/10
4)Captain America 8/10
5)Iron Man 3 8/10 (though I do find my score dwindling everytime I watch this, I originally gave it a 9 upon my 1st viewing)
6)The Incredible Hulk 7.5/10
7)Iron Man 2 7/10

Having watched all of the films recently, I'd have to put Thor at the bottom, simply because the story was rushed and Thor's character arc was really disappointing. When the main character gets very little development and the villain is given all of the best emotional material, the film has to be considered somewhat of a failure.

After I first saw Thor in the theater I knew that Loki was going to be a major hit with fans, whereas Thor himself wouldn't resonate as much. Why? Because Loki was made into a sympathetic character, his motivations were fully examined and people felt drawn to him because his pain was so real. Thor, in contrast, went from brash braggart to remorseful son without as much in the way of great emotional scenes or interactions that would show us how and why he had changed. Add to that the underdeveloped Thor/Jane relationship and too little time with the Warriors Three and you have a film that was unsatisfying on a deeper level although it was a good superhero movie.

This is definitely not to say that I don't like Thor or think it is a bad film. It simply isn't as fully realized as the other MCU films. That is down to the script because the acting from everyone was fine, as was the direction. Chris Hemsworth is the perfect Thor and it's a shame that he got shortchanged in his own film. Hopefully the next one will do better by Thor himself, instead of expending too much energy on Loki.

Really? He was stripped of his powers and abandoned on a strange planet, the hammer was sent to him but when he went to reclaim it was told he was unworthy of, THEN he was told he was responsible for the death of his father and his mother had forbidden his return home.

That would change anyone, then he was later told that this was all lies by his brother, who he loved, and that same brother then sent the destroyer to kill him and his best friends, it succeeded in killing him as well.

Now, i'll agree with the criticism that this all happened too fast, it being spread over a month would have been better, but all of those things would change anyone from an arrogant oaf to someone a bit more humble and caring.

From best to worst:

Avengers
Iron Man
Captain America
Thor
The Incredible Hulk = Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3

Last edited:
IM 3 had lots of problems -

- Tony Stark was barely in the Suit.
- Pepper getting super powers and defeating villain.
- Tony baby sitting the kid.
- Tony destroyed the armors at the end for no good reason.
- The Mandarin Twist.
- Corny jokes.
- Armors getting easily destroyed.
- Villain having unrealistic powers (as compared to the universe set up in IM and IM 2.)

So, my list is -

* IM 3
* IM 2
* TIH
* Captain America.
* Thor.

The Avengers.

Also, the most Boring movies are (IMO.) -

Captain America, Thor, IM 3.

Captain America is much more entertaining than IM 2 or TIH, Red Skull was a good villain who was underused. The relationships all worked and it had a very Indiana Jones vibe, and it didn't have overly long boring parts like those other movies. It was easily better. Thor was more or less following Thor's origin story, the Earth scenes NEEDED to be there, and the fish out of water humor really worked for me.

Agreed on Cap. That's one of very few MCU films without glaring flaws. It's tied with Iron Man 1 for my #2. I saw the movie six times in theaters, the most I've ever seen a film. Loved the Peggy Carter/ Steve Rogers relationship, loved the pulpy feel, loved the origins. The Valkyrie crash scene is still my favorite in the entire MCU.

Thor is flawed imo, and a missed opportunity. The human element needed to be there, but they could've done so much more with it than slapstick comedy. Think of the Richard Donner Superman and all the great moments Supes had with Lois Lane. Thor had nothing that came remotely close to that, and connecting Thor to his new world.

I had to go with The Incredible Hulk. Not that it's a bad film. I like all 7 of the MCU movies released so far. Some more than others. For me it was between this one and Iron man 2. If I'm to be totally honest, probably the reason why I voted it as "worst", is that as of now it feels like the most disconnected because of the departure of it's main star from the title role that will now forever make it feel a little more out of place with the rest of the MCU. Still by no means a bad film in my opinion.

18 months ago Captain America would have easily taken this for me, I didnt like the movie in the cinema and it got worse everytime I watched it. Then The Avengers came out, and since then whenever I watched CA it just gets better and better, watched it tonight and it was still the same, still seemed better again, strange.

Iron man 2 for me. I don't even think it was a bad movie it was just a very..."meh" kind of movie. All the ad-libbing and constant jokes just wore me out and made me miss the more balanced and nuanced Tony Stark from IM1. And the story really dragged in the middle portion of the film. And to this day I cannot for the life of me understand Tony's conversation with Fury at the end of the movie where Fury said " We wanna use you, but don't wanna use you, but we just want Ironman, but not you, we just want you as a consultant....but your not fit for this team." Huh???

Avengers 9.5/10
Iron Man 9/10
IM3 9/10
Captain America 8.5/10
Thor 8/10
IM2 7.5/10
Incredible Hulk 7/10 (least entertaining since I'm not the biggest Hulk fan)

Last edited:
I think I cared about the characters the least in TIH.

What worries me is that both of Marvel's attempts at direct sequels seem to be the least liked out of the movies so far, this doesnt bode well for Thor 2 and Cap 2, I hope they can up their game and make better sequels to them than they did for Iron Man.

Alan Taylor and the Russo's aren't Shane Black, so I don't find the comparison to be all that valid. IM 2 tried to do too much and as a result nothing got the proper amount of buildup of development. Also, then made Tony TOO MUCH of a *****e in that movie. Shane Black has a very particular type of humor that only appeals to certain people and he made some creative choices that were always going to be controversial.

1) The Avengers
2) Thor
3) Iron Man
4) Captain America
5) The Incredible Hulk
6) Iron Man 3
7) Iron Man 2

Alan Taylor and the Russo's aren't Shane Black, so I don't find the comparison to be all that valid. IM 2 tried to do too much and as a result nothing got the proper amount of buildup of development. Also, then made Tony TOO MUCH of a *****e in that movie. Shane Black has a very particular type of humor that only appeals to certain people and he made some creative choices that were always going to be controversial.

Well the funny thing is I liked Shane Black as the director, I liked the movie 1st time I saw it as well, but I find that fondness dwindling each time I watch IM3, which surprises me because other MCU movies have only got better the more I have watched them.

Plus, Favreau did IM2, but we know Marvel meddled a lot with that one, if he didnt get much freedom after IM1, then I cant see Taylor or the Russo's getting much to do their own thing either.

IM2 for me. I'd echo those who have said that its not a bad movie, but it just had so much potential that it didn't live up to. I really liked the ideas presented in it such as Stark's story arc, as well as the way it reimagined Whiplash and Justin Hammer. But by that same token, Stark's story lacked weight, Whiplash was underdeveloped, and Hammer should've been written a bit more seriously.

Thor would probably be my other least favorite. I think it's a better movie than IM2, but it didn't leave much of an impression on me. Though I am hoping to get a chance to watch it again soon, so maybe it'll click better with me.

Well, after some strong competition from TIH and IM3, it seems IM2 is the clear winner/loser so far in this. As many have said its not a bad movie, but the potential it had to be amazing made it all the move disappointing when it did come out.

What worries me is that both of Marvel's attempts at direct sequels seem to be the least liked out of the movies so far, this doesnt bode well for Thor 2 and Cap 2, I hope they can up their game and make better sequels to them than they did for Iron Man.

IM3 is as well liked as most of Marvel's movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"