Worst MCU hot takes

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

do you know what a hot take is? Basically it’s usually some dumb opinion someone shoots out so they can get a bunch of likes and retweets. So what’s the worst one you’ve ever heard?

I think the one about endgame being fatphobic because one of the most powerful avengers was fat in it but not de powered or anything. That was the height of silliness to me and a bit of “its popular so I must hate it” type thing.

what about you?

If it's not connected then it doesn't matter.

Therefore, all Marvel TV shows are connected.:o

Cap and Bucky are not just friends, they are lovers!

There's a ceiling limit to how much Marvel films can earn outside of Spider-man, X-men, FF, and to a certain extent the Avengers as how the publishing has operated translates to what is worthy of a movie as opposed to unique ideas or directions outside of this sandbox about 6 years ago.

Then it was Black Panther or Inhumans are background subsidiary characters only should be introduced through an FF film.

Black Panther is racist.............

That may go over some of you guys head...........:o

Black Panther is racist.............

That may go over some of you guys head...........:o

He hates white people?? What's his take on.....oh, wait....I get it.

Hate mail from LA....Lebron makes All-Star team as a 1 :wowe::oldrazz:

He hates white people?? What's his take on.....oh, wait....I get it.

Hate mail from LA....Lebron makes All-Star team as a 1 :wowe::oldrazz:
giphy.gif

I also hate “marvel characters need to be R rated to show how cool we are”

You know how many times i heard noobs say "Deadpool in the MCU won't work because he needs to be R rated". Some people think his comics are also full of graphic violence, cussing and nudity just because it's in the movie. As if the only way to show his character is by being graphic. Noobs i tell ya!

Captain Marvel hates men.

Yep that’s a big one. You might have even won the thread haha

Yep, this one takes the cake. I’m so sick of the latent (and blatant) incel backlash that Captain Marvel received. “Ohhh! They emasculated Nick Fury to prop up Captain Marvel! They made her too powerful! Marvel made a huge miscalculation by making her one of their central characters going forward because no one likes her!”

**** right off with that ****. Just admit you can’t handle superhero movies about women and call it a day.

Endgame's box office take wasn't all that impressive because it only had average legs for an MCU movie and was overly front-loaded.

I'm not making this up. This was a real hot take from the Avengers: Endgame box office prediction thread.

Last edited:
Although it wasn't exclusively directed at Marvel, Alan Moore had a... hot take on comic book movies.

Endgame's box office take wasn't all that impressive because it only had average legs for an MCU movie and was overly front-loaded.

I'm not making this up. This was a real hot take from the Avengers: Endgame box office prediction thread.

LOL. Yeah. I remember that one. That was a real eye roller. Creative, but rather stupid IMO.

The same poster may have pushed the argument that Black Panther under performed in foreign markets because other Phase 3 films earned a much higher % of their BO overseas.

LOL. Yeah. I remember that one. That was a real eye roller. Creative, but rather stupid IMO.

Spider-fan banned him for trolling. I'm still 50/50 on whether he was serious or not.

Diversity in Marvel Studios films pushes "real fans" away with too much sjw nonsense.

I've seen that everywhere, including in comments on articles about upcoming films I just read today.

Last edited:
Although it wasn't exclusively directed at Marvel, Alan Moore had a... hot take on comic book movies.

Yeah I read that earlier. I like his work but don't think I like him. Not just for this but interviews with him in general

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"