Worst MCU hot takes

Ye olde Aleksei had some hilarious hot takes not long before 2012 Avengers came out complaining about cut footage, movie's length, how movies under two hours weren't good or popcorn films despite his favorite movie Drive only being 100 minutes long.

I got to say though, the Aleksei stuff was hilarious for how wrong and off the mark he was. Especially when he complained about the length, and the final product turned out to be about 144 minutes.

And honestly, the stuff that was cut from Avengers, I don't miss at all, except the Cap scenes, which I think should've been left in. IMHO they gave his journey a bit more emotional resonance and would've underscored what he lost. The man out of time stuff for Cap is important to me, and I never quite felt in Avengers and the Cap epilogue we quite got enough of the shock of his waking up in 2012.

Yeah I read that earlier. I like his work but don't think I like him. Not just for this but interviews with him in general

Yeah... I mean, it’s true that superhero movies need to be better with diversity, but I think both Marvel and DC have been working to improve in that department. Comparing the genre to Birth of a Nation? What in the actual ****, dude. Moore is just trying to stir up controversy.

The "Black widow was fridged" stuff got a lot of traction after Endgame but I always felt that was nonsense and a good example of people being less interesting in female characters with dramatic substance than simply "power".

Perhaps didn't help that the Russo's had always played her character quite subtle? to me though her being someone weighed down by guilt had been set up enough and indeed the scene at the Avengers HQ with Rogers was very well done, as good acting as you'll see in any "serious" drama.

A lot of bad takes I got over the years was from the shipping community projecting onto the characters what they wanted to happen instead of what was actually the case.

“Marvel would never make something mature like Jessica Jones”

1. looks at killmonger
2. Looks at the punisher
3. Looks at the fact that marvel helped make the original Jessica jones.

do people really think just because marvel will have total control they will turn Jessica Jones into a Disney Princess or something?

“Marvel would never make something mature like Jessica Jones”

1. looks at killmonger
2. Looks at the punisher
3. Looks at the fact that marvel helped make the original Jessica jones.

do people really think just because marvel will have total control they will turn Jessica Jones into a Disney Princess or something?

I think people think that Marvel studios simply isn't interested in using characters centered so strongly on that level of adult narratives. It's not that they'll massively alter them. But they very well may simply ignore them. Marvel comics is not Marvel Studios and Killmonger is not the star of the movie, nor really on the same level of graphic and adult content as JJ or the Punisher.

I'm a huge MCU fan and haven't lost even a little enthusiasm for it since Endgame, and even I'm not really certain if MS would ever really go as far as JJ did. They're very much focused on the family audience as a general rule and neither Jessica nor Killgrave would be particularly welcomed by parents taking their kids to a superhero movie.

Only one if there is any...

Spider-Man

Especially after I finished PS4 Spidey, (that version is really the most modern definitive version of Spidey), I really think MCU can do better with their Spidey.

But again I sometimes think that perhaps that is because Marvel Studios cannot make the movie as want as they wanted it be? Because Sony still in charge of every creative decision?
If Feige has the full access the the world of Spider-Man from the beginning, I believe it would be close to the PS4 incarnation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"