Worst moments in Batman films.

Bathead said:
Her being a "chick" has nothing to do with it. He knows women can be just as sneaky and dangerous as any man (any real-life police officer will tell you that) and the second he forgets that, he's a dead man. He's battling someone who's trying to seriously hurt him, and to let his guard down like that because of such an egregiously obvious ploy IS stupid, and that is not Batman.

Well, I gave my reasons. Guess they ain't good enough for you.

DocLathropBrown said:
Well, I gave my reasons. Guess they ain't good enough for you.
Nope, sorry. Not nearly good enough.:yay:

Same there are not good enough reasons to consider it a flaw or stupid and less of all out of character.

Maybe so, Payaso, if in your world Batman's a moron. In my world, he's not.

^ Definitively no good reasons in your world. They don't come out from it and they can't come in to it.

Dr. Fate said:
On top of that, it contradicts Alfred's primary purpose of protecting Bruce's identity.

Vicki has figured out Bruce is Batman.

Alfred wants Bruce to get together with Vicki becuase she might bring some light to his life.

Thus, Vicki turns up demanding to see Bruce, telling Alfred she knows he's Batman... obviously Alfred lets her into the cave.

In B&R Batman And Robin attend in public I hate that, Batman NEVER makes a appearence in public.

That's not quite true. He did it quite a few times in the fifties and sixties comic books. In the daytime, yet.

Two Face said:
In B&R Batman And Robin attend in public I hate that, Batman NEVER makes a appearence in public.

Oh, God...

Batman (1989)
- Every time Vicki Vale screams for no good reason
- "Honey, you'll never believe what happened to me today", plus when Jerry Hall faints
- The segment involving the newswoman dying laughing and that stupid Joker ad
- The sequence where the Joker and his henchmen deface the museum, set to a Prince song (which is not a key plot point in my opinion)
- The scene where the Joker uses the really long gun to bring down the Batwing

Batman Returns
- Every scene that involves the Penguin riding around on his toy car
- The scene where Selena's brought to life with cat licks
- The absurd plotline with rocket launchers attached to penguins
- "Bruce Wayne? Why're you dressed up as Batman?" "Because he is Batman, you moron."

Batman Forever
- "Holy rusted metal, Batman!"
- Jim Carrey's over-the-top performance as The Riddler
- The damn nipples on the suits
- The stupidity for Robin to trust Two-Face near the end of the film

Batman & Robin
- Mr. Freeze
- The action sequences
- "I'm a lover, not a fighter. That's why every Poison Ivy action figure comes complete -- with him!"
- The nipples again
- Bane
- George Clooney's "performance" as Batman
- The rather stupid scene at the ballroom auction where Poison Ivy makes an appearance via monkey suit

Batman Begins
- Rachel Dawes's character
- "Gentlemen, time to spread the word. And the word is -- panic."

Seems you missed a lot of key subtext and the meaning of scenes...

mclay18 said:
Batman (1989)
- Every time Vicki Vale screams for no good reason
- "Honey, you'll never believe what happened to me today", plus when Jerry Hall faints
- The sequence where the Joker and his henchmen deface the museum, set to a Prince song (which is not a key plot point in my opinion)
- The scene where the Joker uses the really long gun to bring down the Batwing

- Crazy ***** was happening around her, I think ANY woman would scream. It wasn't for "no good reason." Of course, they weren't thinking too hard about her. If she was in Corto Maltese, she'd be a lot tougher. In the novelization, she's much stronger, hardly ever screams.

- How is that in any way bad? He appeared to greet his lover, Alicia, and she thought he was dead, she fainted when he realized it was him and that he was alive (not to mention now he's a freak)

- That's straight out of the comics, bud. Try reading the Joker's first appearance in Batman #1. People die laughing with a huge grin and the Joker, appears on TV to tell the next guy he's screwed. Same thing in the film. In his wacky way, he stages a commercial (sadistically cruel), and in so-many words tells Gotham that they're all going to die if they use beauty/hygeine products.

- That was derivative of the subplot Burton and Hamm added, the idea that the Joker fancied himself a twisted artist. WB was adding Prince in whether or not Burton wanted. Luckily, Prince "got it" and wrote music that represented the voice of the Joker.

- Supported by physics. The longer the barrel of your gun, the more force your projectile will have. Add to that that it was an explosive shell and that you can't truly armor up a plane too much (due to weight), and it makes perfect sense.

Batman Returns
- Every scene that involves the Penguin riding around on his toy car
- The scene where Selena's brought to life with cat licks
- The absurd plotline with rocket launchers attached to penguins
- "Bruce Wayne? Why're you dressed up as Batman?" "Because he is Batman, you moron."

- Can't argue with you about that one, though I'd hardly consider it bad. It was a car that was made for the zoo before it was closed. Penguin was just using it.

- It was symbolic. Burton went for a mystical quality to make the film, well.... more mythical.

- Absurd? He was controlling the Penguins with sonic transmissions. Seems logical enough to me.

- Sadistically funny. And perfectly illustrates a key comic book point: no one really believes that Bruce Wayne could be Batman, so Shreck doesn't think it could possibly be true.

Batman Begins
- Rachel Dawes's character

- Meh. She was okay. Don't see why people hate her so much. Despite how much I loathe BB, I don't mind Dawes.

- Personally, I found everything Neeson did to be a high point of that film.

mclay18 said:
Batman (1989)
The scene where the Joker uses the really long gun to bring down the Batwing

He's the Joker. He uses comedy props that have lethal uses.

mclay18 said:
Batman Forever
- The stupidity for Robin to trust Two-Face near the end of the film

It's the Harvey Dent side that says, "At last justice is served. Let us die." So Robin trusts him. Then the Two-Face personna grabs him.

mclay18 said:
Batman Begins

I love that. Makes the terrorism connection as obvious as possible for stupid people.

Let me just give you one that beats all of these:

Batman: *Holding up his credit card.* "Never leave the cave without it!"

From Batman & Robin.

captain_jimbo said:
Let me just give you one that beats all of these:

Batman: *Holding up his credit card.* "Never leave the cave without it!"

From Batman & Robin.

I'll take that over Gossip Gerty, Bob Kane's wife forced in just for the sake of it, screaming, "Let's show some gusto! Ha-ha-ha-HA!!!"

Kane would have been rolling in his grave had he not been alive at that point.

mclay18 said:
Batman (1989)

-That's Joker's main method of killing people.
-Well, I thought the song was kinda catchy.

Also, that line from Batman Begins is great. Why should a film based on comics have realistic dialogue all the time? The dude was crazy and egotistical, I can buy him saying something dramatic.

Arnold forcing his henchmen to sing "I'm Mr. White Christmas" was hilarious.

Well, B&R was obviously the worst of the worst, and according to the elimination tournament results, the bat-ice-skating and "hockey team from hell" was the worst scene from that movie. So I'd call that the definitive WORST moment in Batman film history.

B89:

None.

BR:

None.

BF:
Butt-shots.
Nipples.
Neon Gotham.
Overly homosexual characters.

B&R:
Anything that doesn't involve Arnold Schwarzenegger.

BB:
90% of the dialog.

"nice coat"
"why do we fall ? "
I can't stand it.

"Tonight's forecast: A FREEZE is coming."

What!? I could understand a "cold front" or maybe even "freezing wind" but "a freeze", just what the hell is that? Arnold's worst freeze pun ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"