Worst Movie you've ever seen?

Zaphod said:
I have to disagree. The first-hour of the movie, or the first 45 minutes as you say, was a waste of time in my opinion and felt like pure self-indulgence on the part of the director. The reason I say this is because the second-act of the movie on Skull Island was just one long, excessive action set peice, in which any development of characterisation established in the first-act was made redundant, since it was certainly seldom explored amdist the action of the movie. The character development of multiple personalities in a movie, can't be confined to either the beggining, middle, or end, they need to be spread out through the entire film, and Jackson was gleefully overlooking this in his Kong with his drawn, painfully long-winded first -act.

The original Kong didn't feature such an overblown beggining, and I'm sure many would agree that that was the superior-movie. The first-act wasn't the sole reason Peter Jackson's King Kong was poor, but it certainly didn't help matters any.

If the beginning had been cut down, you wouldn't have cared about any of the characters during the action. Ann and Jack's romance would have felt flat, and it would have been difficult to develop character during the action.

Oddly enough, King Kong has always had a long first act. In the original, the characters don't reach the island until 25 minutes in. Big deal, you say? Well, the movie is only an hour and a half, so that's about a third of the film stuck on a boat.

Even in the 1933 novelization the characters don't reach the island till page 53. (And the novel is only 150 pages long.)

^ for some reason when i started wacthing king kong in the theaters i some how thought it was PG, then when the first guy got killed with the spear thrown through his body, i was like "wow, ummm nevermind..." :eek:

Dracula: Dead and Loving it (with Leslie Nielsen)
The few minutes I did see of Batman and Robin
Scary movie 3 (although 4 looks better)

Is Date movie really that bad?

Lightspeed said:
Dracula: Dead and Loving it (with Leslie Nielsen)

I don't see why folks hate this movie so much. I mean, it's no Airplane, but it's still pretty funny.

Octoberist said:
I think with a thread like this, it shows that certain people either have really high expectations or are just damn picky.

Some guy put down Batman Begins. I'm like "Only on the internet where you can find person like this." I'm not trying to insult the guy's opinion, but I've never meant anyone who 'hated' Batman Begins. In fact, everyone that I know admires it. BUt that is his opinion...

LOL, if someone hates a movie you like......don't take it personally.

I've read six pages of this and I've only seen two or three genuinely awful movies. Blockbusters have too high production values to be genuinely horrifically bad. Batman & Robin has amazing sets and visuals. Ecks Vs Sever atleast has Banderas and Lucy Lui, and some impressive stunts. Both movies have extremely professional editing, music, sound values, cinematography, etc.

Come on, someone name something like Krocodylus or Plan 9.

the worst movie of all time was the first movie ever made, since it prolly looked like the crapiest with its no audio, no color, poor picture quality,and its awful jittery camera work pfffff.....

Super Flight said:
the worst movie of all time was the first movie ever made, since it prolly looked like the crapiest with its no audio, no color, poor picture quality,and its awful jittery camera work pfffff.....

According to Entertainment weekly, the worst movie ever made is called Manos: the hands of fate. The title gives an insight to anyone who speaks spanish (or knows some).

This statement is sort of stupid because I'm assuming in order to qualify it would have to be a movie that had theater/mass DVD distribution and it's not like movies just suddenly came out of nowhere, it was a long proccess of technological as well as story telling innovation. I also hate how these sort of questions always degenerate into movies people didn't like and felt were overrated.

The worst movie I have seen lately is Date movie. god it was awfull, as far as the worst movie I have ever seen, I have no idea, its like saying what the worst day of your life has been.

I take back what I said about Blade Trinity. It's the second worst movie I ever saw.

Mean Girls beats it out big time. I HATEZ THAT MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's nowhere remotely funny, and I became enraged after I saw it (and I saw against my will and never wanted to see it :( )

Kevin Roegele said:
I've read six pages of this and I've only seen two or three genuinely awful movies. Blockbusters have too high production values to be genuinely horrifically bad. Batman & Robin has amazing sets and visuals. Ecks Vs Sever atleast has Banderas and Lucy Lui, and some impressive stunts. Both movies have extremely professional editing, music, sound values, cinematography, etc.

Come on, someone name something like Krocodylus or Plan 9.

Demonic Toys VS. Puppet Master.

Game over man.

"Sabretooth" = some Sci fi channel movie with Josh Holloway(Sawyer from LOST)...it sucked beyond belief..not the worst movie i've seen..but definitely one of them:o

Obsidian said:
"Sabretooth" = some Sci fi channel movie with Josh Holloway(Sawyer from LOST)...it sucked beyond belief..not the worst movie i've seen..but definitely one of them:o

Sci-Fi has had plenty worse.

"Anger Management", because it passed a perfect oportunity to have a sex scene with Heather Graham.

Ah...SPHERE!
SPHERE is a triumph of crap.
Sharon Stone is cursed so thoroughly that it even brought down Dustin Hoffman and Sam Jackson. :eek:

I'd blocked it out too, until they showed it on TV the other day, the bastards.

Octoberist said:
I think with a thread like this, it shows that certain people either have really high expectations or are just damn picky.

Some guy put down Batman Begins. I'm like "Only on the internet where you can find person like this." I'm not trying to insult the guy's opinion, but I've never meant anyone who 'hated' Batman Begins. In fact, everyone that I know admires it. BUt that is his opinion...

I'm kane nice to meet you Octoberist.I'm the guy that your talking about..maybe. I thought BB was just a big piece of "batcrap". I might be the only one on earth that didnt like it..it just wasnt that big of a deal in my eyes..have a good day:)

kane9321 said:
I'm kane nice to meet you Octoberist.I'm the guy that your talking about..maybe. I thought BB was just a big piece of "batcrap". I might be the only one on earth that didnt like it..it just wasnt that big of a deal in my eyes..have a good day:)

That's cos you like Joel Schumacher homosexual Batman movies.:up:

Have nice day.

I dunno....while Manos: The Hands of Fate was certainly a bad movie, I found both Garbage Pail Kids AND the Wild World of Batwoman (exposed to me courtesy of MST3K ;)) to be significantly more unpleasant. Manos was just BORING and had bad dialogue. The other 2 were PAINFUL on a whole 'nother level. :o

To me, at least.:O

Max Knight: Ultra Spy could be The Worst Movie Ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"