The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Worst Part of TASM 2?

Em Dee

Chasing Spiders
Reaction score
For me, it was the first act. It was just too sloppy.

Everything involving Electro, Alexski/Rhino, and "Goblin".

The way they ruined Norman Osborn. He's the greatest of all Spider-Man villains and one of the greatest comic book villains, period. Here he is sick, does nothing, has someone else perform his most important and memorable act, and dies. I have never seen such an iconic villain ruined so badly in a comic book film. Even Doom from the Fantastic Four films was better. At least he was still their arch-nemesis even if it was a really lame adaptation of him.

I'm not usually a sticker for accuracy for the comics, but there is a difference between a few changes and completely butchering a MAJOR character and his role in the story. Norman isn't some minor villain. He's on the Mount Rushmore of Marvel bad guys. Can you imagine if Christopher Nolan had used The Joker the same way Webb used Norman?

Everything but Emma Stone, the action scenes, Spidey's new suit, Garfield (for the most part), Sally Fields, and the fact they had a Kid Cudi song playing.

Everything besides what I mentioned was bad.

"Is she a model employee? Huehuehuehuehuheue"

- Harry.

That was just... I don't even know what it was.

"Is she a model employee? Huehuehuehuehuheue"

- Harry.

That was just... I don't even know what it was.

Eh, could go either way I suppose. It showed off Harry's womanizer side. It was playful but creepy. Just like Santa.

It really weirded me out. Wasn't sure if I was supposed to laugh at it or what the hell.

The way Peter looks at him is really weird too, hah.

Harry sounded like a stoner when he said that lol

It really weirded me out. Wasn't sure if I was supposed to laugh at it or what the hell.

The way Peter looks at him is really weird too, hah.

Well yeah, lol. Cause Harry just made a pass at his girl. It'd make me look at someone weird too. Sounds like Harry would have no issue sleeping with a married woman imo.

I'm a little disappointed at how Webb had a chance to adapt Sins Past but didnt. In the comic, we find out Norman ****s Gwen and gets her pregnant. We had Gwen and Harry in the elevator. Why didn't he hit on her? Why didn't he make a move?

If he did and we could have had that adapted.

Max before he became Electro (and he wasn't even that great as Electro either)
Dr. Kafka

I'm a little disappointed at how Webb had a chance to adapt Sins Past but didnt. In the comic, we find out Norman ****s Gwen and gets her pregnant. We had Gwen and Harry in the elevator. Why didn't he hit on her? Why didn't he make a move?

no one should ever, ever adapt sins past

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not.
If it's not, I fear for your taste in stories...:dry:

Really hard to narrow this down...

I will say Green Goblin though. He was thrown in, done poorly, and extremely cheesy. They got the character totally wrong and what's worse is they threw away Spider-Man's #1 foe like he was nothing. They basically ruined any possibility of doing an ounce of faithfulness to Green Goblin 2 (Harry).

Electro. He looked decent, but otherwise, just no. The misdirection of story lines, rushed character development

IMO, what they did to Green Goblin is 100 times worse than what happened with the Mandarin. Not only did they kill off Norman. Not only did the have Harry be the Goblin. Not only is the "Osborn disease" basically AIDS. Not only does this new Goblin call himself the "Hipster Green Goblin". Not only does he look like Evil Ed. Not only did Harry kill Gwen. Not only did Harry throw one pumpkin bomb. And not only did Harry get KO'ed in 2 minutes. But all of that and some people have the nerve to say it was better than Dafoe.

Look I get if some people have a probably with Raimi's style and like the reboots I'm ok with that but saying you prefer Kid Goblin in this series over the Green Goblin in the last series is like saying you prefer Billy Dee Williams Harvey Dent over Aaron's Harvey. No disrespect to Billy because I liked his Dent that was only in there for 5 minutes. He was cool and owned but I'm talking screentime really.

Was Dafoe a bit cheesy? Sure but Goblin is a Joker knock off. He was as good as the Goblin as Jack was with Joker and about as cheesy.

IMO, what they did to Green Goblin is 100 times worse than what happened with the Mandarin. Not only did they kill off Norman. Not only did the have Harry be the Goblin.
Nothing wrong with this.
Not only is the "Osborn disease" basically AIDS.
:dry:
No.
Not only does this new Goblin call himself the "Hipster Green Goblin". Not only does he look like Evil Ed.
:whatever:
No he didn't and doesn't.
Not only did Harry kill Gwen. Not only did Harry throw one pumpkin bomb. And not only did Harry get KO'ed in 2 minutes.
Nothing wrong with any of this.
But all of that and some people have the nerve to say it was better than Dafoe.
In a way it was.
Look I get if some people have a probably with Raimi's style and like the reboots I'm ok with that but saying you prefer Kid Goblin in this series over the Green Goblin in the last series is like saying you prefer Billy Dee Williams Harvey Dent over Aaron's Harvey.
Not a fair comparison whatsoever. Eckhart had more material to work with for Harvey/Two-Face than Billy Dee Williams had.
Was Dafoe a bit cheesy? Sure but Goblin is a Joker knock off. He was as good as the Goblin as Jack was with Joker and about as cheesy.
First, Goblin is not a Joker knock-off.
Second, cheesy and campy does not have to be horrible.
Third, Dafoe overall had the character of Norman/GG down, and any of my dislike I had for his GG honestly had nothing to do with Dafoe, it was with Raimi.

IMO, what they did to Green Goblin is 100 times worse than what happened with the Mandarin. Not only did they kill off Norman. Not only did the have Harry be the Goblin. Not only is the "Osborn disease" basically AIDS. Not only does this new Goblin call himself the "Hipster Green Goblin". Not only does he look like Evil Ed. Not only did Harry kill Gwen. Not only did Harry throw one pumpkin bomb. And not only did Harry get KO'ed in 2 minutes. But all of that and some people have the nerve to say it was better than Dafoe.

Look I get if some people have a probably with Raimi's style and like the reboots I'm ok with that but saying you prefer Kid Goblin in this series over the Green Goblin in the last series is like saying you prefer Billy Dee Williams Harvey Dent over Aaron's Harvey. No disrespect to Billy because I liked his Dent that was only in there for 5 minutes. He was cool and owned but I'm talking screentime really.

Besides all that, Norman Osborn is simply a far, far more important and iconic character than the Mandarin is. Mandarin is just a C-List villain that happens to be the best of a terrible rogues gallery. It is far more important to get the Green Goblin right than it is Mandarin.

A lot of the 2nd act.

The movie was just so damn boring.

Dane said right it, Harry is a hipster.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...est-thing-about-the-amazing-spider-man-2.html

And there's nothing wrong with killing off Norman? It's like killing off Joker after he robbed the bank in Dark Knight or killing off Lex. Norman is Spidey's greatest foe. Not Harry.
There's a distinct difference between Harry being a hipster to a Hipster Green Goblin. And Dane said yes, Harry is a hipster; again, nothing wrong with that.

And no, there is nothing wrong with killing off Norman; and personally, I don't really think they killed him.
And it wouldn't be equivalent to either of your Joker or Lex scenarios.
Btw, have any Marvel-based comparisons? Because reading your posts just reeks of DC fanboyism.

And I don't really find Norman to be Spidey's biggest rogue, just one of them.

Well most of the time when I compare Spidey to another hero, I use Superman & Batman.

And what does "DC fanboyism" mean? I thought this was Superhero Hype, not Marvel Hype. One can't be a DC fan?

There aren't many Marvel characters to compare to Spidey. Name me one solo Marvel character who has as big of a rogue gallery, as big as an allies gallery, and who one can compare Spider-Man too in terms of character and stories. The only one could be Daredevil but besides him, there's nobody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"