The Amazing Spider-Man Worst part of TASM

lol. That list looks like it was made by someone who just flat-out hates ASM. I don't agree with any of the choices on the list.

I picked, other. My biggest issue with ASM was the lack of development with Connors and not giving him a bit more humanity. Some scenes with his family would have made his characterization much better, imo.

Sanctimonious,argumentative Ben Parker? hilarious misuse of powers?
skateboarding to Coldplay?
is this really the best you could came up with?
I had more faith in you.

9IQYjOm.gif

Lack of Connors family. Perfect opportunity to give the story a a little bit extra drama and higher stakes.

after credits sequence shown in the trailers.

But I'm not going to vote because your poll is way too biased.

The bit where they forgot.... Dr Conners had a family. lol

Only bad thing was the suit. And even so the colors and texture looked good.

The rest on the list (Ben Parker, Peter, villain, super-powers, Ben's death) was a vast improvement over the previous movies.

If you're talking about a specific scene or series of scenes I'd probably say when Peter says "Yeah but those are the best kind". Not because of him breaking the promise (I loved that), but the line itself.

EDIT: Wow, that poll.... -_-

Worst thing about TASM is that it didn't come with a big warning attached about the ignorant OP

If you're talking about a specific scene or series of scenes I'd probably say when Peter says "Yeah but those are the best kind". Not because of him breaking the promise (I loved that), but the line itself.

EDIT: Wow, that poll.... -_-
Yeah, that line
He listened to May, and ignored George, not thinking May has no idea why he's not "good for Gwen"

after credits sequence shown in the trailers.

:lmao: thank God I did not see that trailer

and I thought I was the only one who loves that he broke the promise! people ***** about that way too much around here. why don't you like the line? how would you have him say it?

Yeah, that line
He listened to May, and ignored George, not thinking May has no idea why he's not "good for Gwen"

but she does know. she finds out when he brings the eggs

The only thing I didn't like was that some of the comedy missed the mark (Hot cocoa, meatloaf), and sometimes the score felt out of place (especially over "I have to stop him, because I created him. I gave him an equation...").

It seems like a small complaint, but it's enough for me to put it below the original. I loved Raimi's humour. It always worked for me.

Last edited:
I pretty much loved everything about TASM except for the Lizard. Lack of a family and character development. And even then I thought he was fine, but the villain was the thing that brought the movie down for me.

I give TASM an 8/10, though if the villain was better it would probably be a 9/10

I was happy they did not bring the family into the story. I know it is part of the comic mythos, but that would divert the focus of the narrative. If there was a compelling need to address the family, maybe have Connors looking at a family photograph and putting it away when Peter first visits him. For me, the part of the film I did not like was the romance scenes btw. Gwen and Peter. They were either awkward, dragged on, or not amusing. 'course, Spidey has not had a good cinematic track record with romance (Dunst was written horribly).

Really? The romance scenes were my favorite part of the whole film. Oh well.

Just watched it for the 1st time.
My biggest issue was just the lack of charisma with which everything was presented..
Only the spiderman scenes and the work by Emma Watson was solid..
Every scene just reeks of by the numbers work with hardly a spark of imagination from those involved (Emma and Spidey scenes being the exception).
The overall look of the film doesn't say spiderman in the same way the world of superman returns doesn't convey superman.
Just looking at Garfields very specific styled hair do tells you this is someone who is trying to be a character as opposed to inhabiting the character...
Its hard to quantify, they had a story to tell but with little gusto.

Last edited:
I would vote on the Poll, but some of the options are cryptic: pray explain how the Lizard was a Goomba, haha?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"