Worst Performance EVER in a Comic Book Film?

Hmm, I know a lot of people have nostalgic memories of Dafoe as Norman but I never liked his acting in Spider-Man. Green Goblin was just so awful.

I think Uma Thurman was also pretty bad as Poison Ivy. I know she was hamming it up like Arnold, but unlike Schwarzenegger there was no charm to her whatsoever.

Finally, any extra/cameo that yells something along the lines of "Let's go Spidey!" in any of the Spider-Man films across all studios and incarnations.

giphy.gif

On the Spider-Man vein, I would go for the News Reporter / Anchor in the 'live' event sequences in SM3, my lawd, she was terrible, to this day, I still can't work out if that's what her performance was or it was intentional.

On the Spider-Man vein, I would go for the News Reporter / Anchor in the 'live' event sequences in SM3, my lawd, she was terrible, to this day, I still can't work out if that's what her performance was or it was intentional.
The quality of her performance is insignificant.

"Noe mor ded kops!"

I also hate the extra in TDK when the cars are blowing up who has the lines:

"That's not good."

"Okay, that's NOT good!"

Awful delivery of those lines. Especially the 2nd one.

I think Uma Thurman was also pretty bad as Poison Ivy. I know she was hamming it up like Arnold, but unlike Schwarzenegger there was no charm to her whatsoever.

I thought she was pretty charming/entertaining in the role.

Bad as Jones as Two-Face was, I think was Robert Vaughn in Superman III was a lot worse, sort of Hackman Luthor without any of the energy, charisma or good timing.

How soon will we see Michelle Williams and Riz Ahmed listed here?

I also hate the extra in TDK when the cars are blowing up who has the lines:

"That's not good."

"Okay, that's NOT good!"

Awful delivery of those lines. Especially the 2nd one.
His worst line is "I didn't sign up for this!" Dude, you're a SWAT officer. This is literally exactly what you signed up for.

TDK also has a police officer say "have a nice trip, see ya next fall."

Not saying it's a bad delivery but.... that line is in the movie.

Last edited:
Looking back at my previous post I'm glad to say that Gal Gadot was sublime in WW, she carried the whole film.

Back to awful performances....

Julian McMahon as Dr Doom, not only a terrible casting and a terrible characterisation but a terrible performance too.

Pretty much everyone in Superman IV except Chris Reeve.

Tommy Lee Jones in Batman Forever, absolutely dreadful as Two Face.

Anyone remembers I, Frankenstein to tell if any performance aside from the stiff one from Jai Courtney sucks?

@Spider-Aziz Yea I thought Michelle Williams was dry but no worse than say Liv Tyler in Incredible Hulk. In fact I'd say Riz Ahmed was on the same level as Tim Roth in Hulk as well. If you didn't think those two in IH were the worst then Michelle and Riz to me aren't either.

@Spider-Aziz Yea I thought Michelle Williams was dry but no worse than say Liv Tyler in Incredible Hulk. In fact I'd say Riz Ahmed was on the same level as Tim Roth in Hulk as well. If you didn't think those two in IH were the worst then Michelle and Riz to me aren't either.
If Riz is anywhere near as entertaining as Blonsky, that's high praise.

Then I should expect some underrated good performances, cause while those two in TIH weren't exceptionally great, they were nicely memorable and pleasant to sit through for very good reasons.

Most reviews I read of Venom up to this point complain about performances in the Venom movie being as stiff as that cashier lady from the "Turd in the wind" clip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"