The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Worst Scene in the movie!

OriginalMiles

Superhero
Reaction score
Has anybody made this?

Anyway, which scene do you think is the absolute worst scene in the entire movie?

I'll start!

- The scene where they're at the place where Gwen's interview is. I just really hate the scene and the dialogue in it.

the scene where Max goofily threatened Smythe but it was just in his head

seriously, if he's imagining something he might as well been more badass while at it

For me it was the incredibly convenient Goblin transformation scene in that it takes place RIGHT IN FRONT OF the glider and armor...:whatever:

I'll take cheese over that laziness any day.

The Times Square scene.

Well my favorite scene is the end credits so just about everything besides that.

Thought you said the movie was 6 - 7 to you, Levi.

Didn't know you hated it now.

Anyway, worst scene...

There's so,e reeeeeal bad Electro stuff, but I think when Kafka tortures Electro takes the cake. I didn't know I if was supposed to laugh or wtf.

Thought you said the movie was 6 - 7 to you, Levi.

Didn't know you hated it now.

It was when I saw it but the more I think about it, the worse it really is. I went in with the lowest expections.

I mean I've always loved sequels especially part 2s but besides the action, there is nothing. The chemistry between Peter and Gwen is good but rather predictable.

I find it funny how I said Jamie will be the best villain since Molina's Ock. Of course to my credit, that was before Rhino & Goblin was cast.

I think of this film like I think of Transformers 3. It's better when my brain is turned off.

I think Max/Electro's happy birthday song.

It was painful to sit through.

I didn't mind Kafka for some reason.

It was when I saw it but the more I think about it, the worse it really is. I went in with the lowest expections.

I mean I've always loved sequels especially part 2s but besides the action, there is nothing. The chemistry between Peter and Gwen is good but rather predictable.

I find it funny how I said Jamie will be the best villain since Molina's Ock. Of course to my credit, that was before Rhino & Goblin was cast.

I think of this film like I think of Transformers 3. It's better when my brain is turned off.

Oh.

So... s**t movie?

Hm... maybe the bit with Harry and Electro facing Colm Feore at Oscorp. The bit itself is not horrendous, but it's like all the weak, poorly thought-out elements of the script all brought together into one scene. To have Jamie Foxx as a costumed mute in a movie he was supposed to be the star villain of... just sad. And all I could think of was, "Where did his costume come from?" I remember when the first pic came out, all the discussion it stimulated. Theories aplenty. And all for nothing. "He just shows up wearing it", someone should have suggested back then. "Yep. And it disintegrates with him for some reason, just like Dr Manhattan." The same with the Feore character. For months on end, "OMG WHO IS HE PLAYING???" Answer: "Just an evil plot device who enables Harry to become the GG, nothing more. Haha, you thought there was actually gonna be some smart writing and originality involved? Silly."

Also the bit with Peter and Gwen going back and forth about the science mumbo jumbo that's gonna defeat Electro. "If you overcharge an electron with a battery and you reverse the flux and it's positive to negative, the protons and the crotons will give way to a reaction that will" yadda yadda. Guh. Like anyone gives a ****, the actual fight was totally devoid of excitement anyway. Although to be fair, that's an issue present in most CBMs. The same with Cavill reciting the Phantom Drive bullcrap in MOS, Bale and Oldman with the water vaporizer stuff in BB, etc.

Hm... maybe the bit with Harry and Electro facing Colm Feore at Oscorp. The bit itself is not horrendous, but it's like all the weak, poorly thought-out elements of the script all brought together into one scene. To have Jamie Foxx as a costumed mute in a movie he was supposed to be the star villain of... just sad. And all I could think of was, "Where did his costume come from?" I remember when the first pic came out, all the discussion it stimulated. Theories aplenty. And all for nothing. "He just shows up wearing it", someone should have suggested back then. "Yep. And it disintegrates with him for some reason, just like Dr Manhattan." The same with the Feore character. For months on end, "OMG WHO IS HE PLAYING???" Answer: "Just an evil plot device who enables Harry to become the GG, nothing more. Haha, you thought there was actually gonna be some smart writing and originality involved? Silly."

Also the bit with Peter and Gwen going back and forth about the science mumbo jumbo that's gonna defeat Electro. "If you overcharge an electron with a battery and you reverse the flux and it's positive to negative, the protons and the crotons will give way to a reaction that will" yadda yadda. Guh. Like anyone gives a ****, the actual fight was totally devoid of excitement anyway. Although to be fair, that's an issue present in most CBMs. The same with Cavill reciting the Phantom Drive bullcrap in MOS, Bale and Oldman with the water vaporizer stuff in BB, etc.

I immediately wondered the same but was informed the guards in the chamber in which Electro was being held were wearing them. Fine. But that doesn't explain the issue of it materializing with him.

But hey, it's just a CBM, right? Suspension of belief...:whatever:

Since Electro is made of pure energy, his heart is a constant chemical reaction (think battery, redox reaction) that allows a constant current to flow, the suit is made out of a particular salt that can manifest itself of the salt tube, and his materialisation breaks the reaction to a point where the salt bar that makes up his suit materialises again, and coats the outer layer of electron flow cause science.

Yay*?

*probably incorrect.

Edit: Something that works off this principle, http://chemwiki.ucdavis.edu/Analyti...trochemistry_2:_Galvanic_cells_and_Electrodes

Add some extra chemicals in that wouldn't react in the cell, but could be held by it. Would need some magic to have the actual cell turn into pure energy? Perhaps it is self regenerating, and comes from the metal around him or something. MAYBE IT'S THE CHIP.

Last edited:
Uh......k.

Thanks for at least attempting to explain it. You obviously have more respect for us than the ASM2 writers since they thought we'd just accept it.

I think that's one of the things that just happen in superhero movies, I can't think of any CBM off the top of my head that doesn't have a character do something illogical that breaks the laws of physics/biology, possibly Nolans batman series?

The kid at the end. I think The Avengers is one of the few superhero movies. Where one of the characters did not stop what they were doing. Because a kid got lost or some ****. Imagine if Tony was flying around in The Avengers & he sees a kid by itself. He saves that kid & that kid is just sitting on Tonys Iron Man back flying around with him. Thankfully no kids to be seen in The Avengers that was annoying

Unfortunately one makes an appearance in both IM1 and IM3

Something similar happens during the Hammer drones sequence in Iron Man 2.

The stuff with Kafka.The Goblin transformation wasn't all that G.Yeah,the music in that scene with Peter putting the grid on his wall was pretty bad.

I'll go with the Kafka scenes. I was with this film, warts and all, until he opened his mouth. Then I knew the flick was in trouble.

- The scene where they're at the place where Gwen's interview is. I just really hate the scene and the dialogue in it.

Good call. I was silently thinking, "Peter, shut the bad place up!" the whole way through.

For me it was the incredibly convenient Goblin transformation scene in that it takes place RIGHT IN FRONT OF the glider and armor...:whatever:

That was the moment when I officially said, "**** this movie."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"